frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Space Race - Jeff Bezos vs Elon Musk

Debate Information

Both are geniuses of our time, but who will be more successful with a race to space?
DebateIslandagsr
  1. Live Poll

?

15 votes
    1. Jeff Bezos
      33.33%
    2. Elon Musk
      20.00%
    3. Both
      40.00%
    4. None
        6.67%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    Both are very impressive, and I believe that with focus from such powerful entrepreneurial spirits the space industry will be redefined and their ventures will be successful. If I had to pick one, I pick Elon due to his early start.
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    I believe that together, there will actually be a combined win.  They are disrupting, or more appropriately defining a new market that will have plenty of space for both of these highly successful visionaries.  I am also encouraged by the personal passion they are both investing into their space ventures.  So I vote for both.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    I cannot imagine a scenario where Elon is not highly successful with his space company.  Jeff Bazos involvement will only help to expand demand for the overall market.    Since Bezos new venture is separate from his Amazon company, that wil put him in some disadvantage of being able to truly use the right talent and business ecosystem.
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Both are great enterprenuers, but Elon Musk is really going at it.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    Two leaders of our time - I bet they time travelled and sas the future, maybe thats why they are so successful :)
    i vote for both - plenty for everyone in the new market
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • tolderscileetolderscilee 13 Pts   -  
    Both are really great.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Space travel market will explode, and both will be winners.  Elon Musk has an edge with first mover advantage, but Bezos signed his first customer already.  
    Live Long and Prosper
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  

It appears they both have a long way to go to catch up to NASA and the US Air Force;

Secretive X-37B Military Space Plane Marks 700 Days in Orbit

• inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta, that is impressive.  700 days in orbit and can return in one piece.  I am glad we are seeing positive results from that enormous tax payer investment.  I still think thag Elon Musk will give NASA a run for their money and will come up with something even cooler.  
    In the meantime, that is an impressive accomplishment
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    That is an impressive accomplishment.  Looks like with truly have 3 major players between Musk, Bezos, and the US.
    Live Long and Prosper
    Great to see completion and major accomplishment 
  • valexiajj1927valexiajj1927 14 Pts   -  
    I don't know if any of them will come before NASA.
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    Elon Musk had an early start
  • kandhhjj_globalkandhhjj_global 25 Pts   -  
    No, NASA will probably be first especially with additional funding from the government.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @kandhhjj_global, I continue to be more and more impressed with Musk amd his trend of innovations. After seeing gis latest ideas for tunnels, I am thinking that guy is just a winner in whatever he does.  I vote for him.
    comeyinvedrigate
    Live Long and Prosper
  • comeyinvedrigatecomeyinvedrigate 18 Pts   -  
    I agree with @agsr .