frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should someone ban Trump's Twitter access

Debate Information

Donald loves that twitter account, something about it  just excites him.
We can debate how helpful that was before the election, but now that he is the President, I argue that he should stop with the ongoing twitter messages, and install a formal screening process with multiple verifications by his office before any tweet is actually released.
I don't know how much of it is true based on this Washington Post article, but I cannot see how sending all these Twitter messages are making him looking Presidential.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/03/07/trumps-split-screen-a-two-hour-virtual-conversation-between-the-president-and-fox-and-friends/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trump-fox-110pm-1-duplicate:homepage/story&utm_term=.41e049f91348
DebateIsland
  1. Live Poll

?

7 votes
    1. Yes - please take away his direct access
      71.43%
    2. No - let him have direct access
      28.57%
It's kind of fun to do the impossible
- Walt Disney

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    I think he should keep his access, but just not directly (let someone in his office release the twitter messages ince validated).
    - Walt Disney
  • julerexasueparjulerexasuepar 2 Pts   -  
    He should have direct access.
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    @julerexasuepar , whats the rationale for keeping his direct access? That doesnt provide him a chance of validating facts or avoiding snap remarks? That is a pretty large outreach. He wouldnt go on stage for a speech without preparing, so why is that different?
    - Walt Disney
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    Here is a related debate from this am, where he incorrectly quoted something else - that demonstrates tbat better fact checking is warranted, which can easily be achieved by taking away actual send button...
    http://www.debateisland.com/discussion/528/did-obama-free-122-vicious-prisoners-or-9-trump-tweeter-fact-check
    - Walt Disney
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I also think that having that twitter available is just too distracting from Trump.  I dont see much downside of having these twets validated before broadcasting.  I vote for removing direct access, as only media benefits from these spontaneous tweets.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Yes, he is really hurting himself and his cabinet in some ways. Although, it's great for redirecting the media's coverage. Smart but at the same time.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    I have to agree with @joecavalry .  Every day we see examples of this, and it is hurting his reputation unnecessary.