2. Against the Motion
      77.78%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

• Define the word "require" and the answer will become clear.
    agsr
    I come to debate, I stay to troll,
    I leave to think, I return to brawl.
  • Technological advancements are required to due further enhancements to society, etc.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • Humanity needs further technological and many advancements, because society has to be better.
  • It needs way more technological advancements!
  • Does humanity require anything other than food and water?

Is technological advancement, a human thing or actually an evolutionary thing?

I subscribe to the notion, that humanity (or more simply the organic) is a phase in a preordained process of material evolution.

Therefore I would suggest that technological advancement is not a human requirement, but an evolutionary inevitability.
  • Does humanity require anything other than food and water?

Is technological advancement, a human thing or actually an evolutionary thing?

I subscribe to the notion, that humanity (or more simply the organic) is a phase in a preordained process of material evolution.

Therefore I would suggest that technological advancement is not a human requirement, but an evolutionary inevitability.

Interesting.  You appear to fundamentally agree with Ray Kurzweil on this topic.  Have you read "The Singularity is Near"?