frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is it the new "Normal" to Ignore Texts and Emails?

Debate Information

How It Became Normal to Ignore Texts and Emails

Digital messages mimic the speed of real conversation, but often what people like best is the ability to put them off.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/01/ignoring-each-other-in-the-age-of-instant-communication/550325/

I think putting off emails is generally fine, but ignoring or significantly delaying replying to texts is really snobbing someone.
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• GrenacheGrenache 65 Pts   -  
    No.  That's not normal at my job or in my life.  That's just people become rude.  And/or it's people being inundated with junk to the point the stuff that isn't junk gets buried.
  • xMathFanxxMathFanx 140 Pts   -  
    Yes.  There is a new narcissism/conceitedness on the rise and this is one area that it manifests above the surface (visually).
  • JudaismJudaism 180 Pts   -  
    Who knows for sure, I hope not!
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited January 2018
    If you aren't worth my time, you aren't worth my reply.

I'm the type of guy who handles rejection really well so for me it's very hard to care what someone feels if I ignore them since I just think 'their loss of my loyalty' in the shoes of the ignored party.
  • FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    The sender makes a unilateral decision.

The receiver has a perfect right to do the same.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @anonymousdebater, that's a good point that not responding to causual inflow of messages maybe okay.   Ot respondimg to messages with questions or professional emails is probably irresponsible in most cases
    Live Long and Prosper