frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Would you end a personal relationship over political views regarding Trump?

Debate Information

i read this article on Washington times and thought it was interesting how many people break up and even end marriages over their virws on Trunp.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/9/donald-trump-causing-arguments-among-families/
  1. Live Poll

Would you end a personal relationship over political views regarding Trump?

6 votes
    1. Yes
      33.33%
    2. No
      66.67%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    I highly doubt it, unless it is a new relationship and the two sides are opposite extremes on the left and right spectrum.
    preexisting relationships will likely be okay, but I can see how that can put significant strain on many relationships.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    With so many people banning each other on Facebook and heated arguments all over the place, I agree with this article that many may end relationships over this.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    When it comes to one's political views, I value much more the logical basis behind those beliefs, not the beliefs themselves. A person who believes in something in direct opposite to what I believe, but who can demonstrate through clear argumentation why their beliefs are reasonable, will have much more respect in my eyes, than a person who believes in everything I believe, but who's argument shatters at the slightest scrutiny. Cold logic also happens to be one of the biggest sources of romantic attraction for me (I know, I am weird), so the relationship is much more likely to occur in the former case than in the latter case in the first place.

So no, I would not break a personal relationship over disagreements on Trump and his policies. The sources of these disagreements may have such an effect, however - but if such sources are present, then the relationship would not have happened to begin with, so it is a slightly moot point.
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    Of course not. I have some friends who do not agree with me supporting Trump, and we are still friends, and we still have fun. The best thing is discussion. Why do you support Trump? Why do you support Bernie? Why do you support.....ugh..Hillary? Instead of making insults towards that person, examine their reason for the support of their favored candidate, not making insults such as "Libtard, Trumptard" or 'Commie Scum". This is what creates tension, it is always best to ask that person why they support things rather than verbally attack them, it is being "civil", and as Americans, that is how it should be. If you can't agree with each other, discuss the problem, and try and find solutions to the problem. 
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles
  • refugeerefugee 87 Pts   -  
    The Snowflakes of the American Left are melting down and an election of a president to tear down one's relationship means there was no relationship there to start with.