frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What are your thoughts on "Anti-feminism"?

Debate Information

A common misconception in regards to feminism is that it is an ideology which involves only one gender even though it claims to stand for equality of sexes. But, Feminist theory states that "Patriarchy" is a system which negatively affects to both men and women, therefore feminists aim uplift both men and women in order to destroy the patriarchy. While it is easy to be persuaded by a few YouTube videos depicting angry and bitter "SJWs" and laugh at them, it is much more difficult to understand that feminism isn't a "monolithic hivemind" in which every single person has the exact same views. Most of those people who are laughed at on YouTube are the fringe elements within the movement and there are many feminists who disagree with them. I would like to see some nuanced constructive criticism of feminism from the so-called "Anti-feminists" but most of the constructive criticism I see these days comes from within the movement. 
joecavalryyolostidePogue

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    It depends on the woman and the man.

I'm a pretty dominant guy and I tend to clash with very feminist chicks due to personality (we'd clash just as much had I been born female, if not more so).

People like me don't really believe in equality at all, we want to lead and dominate and it's nothing to do with gender whatsoever.
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Feminism should be stopped. The movement is mostly for women and not aimed at men.
    SlanderIsNotDebate1995
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • yolostideyolostide 95 Pts   -  
    Feminism is sexist towards women and should not continue in the US or globally. The movements is not targeted towards men.
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    Seems like asking for 'nuanced constructive criticism of feminism from the so-called "Anti-feminists"' was a bit much for them to handle.
  • MedicMedic 178 Pts   -  
    @yolostide

>Feminism is sexist towards women and should not continue in the US or globally. 

Interesting claim, what's your reasoning?

Under a system of perfectly free commerce, each country naturally devotes its capital and labour to such employments as are most beneficial to each. This pursuit of individual advantage is admirably connected with the universal good of the whole. By stimulating industry, by regarding ingenuity, and by using most efficaciously the peculiar powers bestowed by nature, it distributes labour most effectively and most economically.

- David Ricardo

• MajoMILSdlGMGVMajoMILSdlGMGV 103 Pts   -  
    I think that feminism began with the goal for men and women to be as equal as possible, especially because women were a lot more oppressed no that long ago. But I think modern women or from the new generations of feminists have taken things too far and that is why feminism has such a bad reputation. Some women believe themselves to be feminists but in reality they aren't. Feminism is when women want men and women to be equal, it is not feminism if they want women to have more power than men. 
  • @Alladin794 Good point! The honest truth is I am SICK and TIRED of everyone constantly pointing fingers and assuming somebody is either a "feminist" "sjw" "libtard" or "snowflake" It is ANNOYING and POINTLESS. It gets no point across other than immaturity and lack of intellectualism is it cannot be debated in more mature manner! There are people now MORE annoyed of ANTI Feminists than actual feminists now! INCLUDING people not even fond of the movement! Just stop with the immaturity already and talk like adults! Is that SO difficult? @joecavalry I think your country should be shut down since it only helps the people living on it, yourself included, and not everyone else in the world... <---Do you see the fallacy in that? If so, then I hope you can re-look at what you said constructively.