frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Earth is a ball

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova
    Yeah, a lot!
    Where is the sun?
    Use your model to calculate the position of the sun, at sunset on the equator at the equinox.
    How can you calculate how much curvature you should see in a photo? 
    What would “curved” water look like?
    Also, how is the Earth the only flat planet?
    Everything is round, but the Earth is flat. How? Why?
    I have given many other questions in this debate but I do not want to go looking for them (if I find them I will post them) and I do not want to give you too much trouble with the first round of questions.
    I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
  • GooberryGooberry 608 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Actually flagging every post either of us make as fallacious? Of course he would. 
    Yeah it doesn't look like they're debating too much anymore, just asserting that we're wrong, circle jerking, and marking everything we post as a fallacy. *Sudden flashbacks of DDO and the flat/stationary thread*. 

As you have missed this post twice now, I felt I should share it again. As you’re accusing people of not making arguments you must obviously have overlooked it!

So as you haven’t replied: let me hammer home the point.

You’re first argument is that water Is observed to be flat. You’re arguments in your last set of replies is that the reason water is observed to be curved is due to perspective. 

Note: The second part by definition refutes the first. You can’t make both arguments without implicitly contradicting yourself, and you don’t seem to appreciate that you have literally proved your own point wrong in your reply.

Water can’t both never appear curved, and appear to be curved because if perspective.

You may feel you have an explanation of why water appears and is observed to be curved: but that doesn’t mean the observation doesn’t exist, and that you can’t pretend that it does.

Given how ubiquitous these measurements are; boats, horizons, buildings, sunsets: when you sat down and wrote your first argument, you MUST have been aware of these observations. 

As a result, knowing there are observations of the water being curved; and yet pretending as if they do not exist either shows your argument intentionally omitted material facts in order to misrepresent the strength of your position: or you do not understand how science works: you cannot simply say an inconvenient observation doesn’t exist because you feel you can explain it.

Now: here is the problem with your argument 1. You’re misrepresenting your position: your argument “Water is always observed to be flat” SHOULD be rephrased as “water regularly observed to be curved, but I have an explanation of why it looks curved when actually it’s flat”.

Rephrasing the argument you wrote with the argument you’re actually making; it should really drive home how your argument, is actually using this misstatement to make your argument sound WAY stronger than it is; and at best misleading people into think you’re making an argument you are not.

You should be relying on science, observations, logic and reason to make your argument appear strong: not on misrepresenting what your argument actually is.

So; given this: let’s move on to the argument you actually seem to be making: that every observation of curved water being down to perspective.

This is a bogus argument and one that is easily refuted and never actually mathematically explained by you or anyone: despite it being an argument from geometry. 

It’s simply refuted like this:

Parallel lines NEVER meet.

If water is flat, and you are 100 feet above sea level: then a line between you and any position 100ft above sea level is parallel with the waterline.

These lines can never meet by definition: they are parallel. If these lines can’t meet, and are always 100ft separating them; then there is no point where the water is at or above that line between you and the object being observed, and therefore it i not possible for that water to obscure the object.

Your argument from perspective falls apart. Because any trivial analysis of perspective shows it can’t do what you say it can.

Pogue
  • @SilverishGoldNova If you're going to accuse people of flagging all your posts as fallacies, at least have some principles.
    GooberryPogue
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited February 2018
    @Pouge So it seems this entire video was created for comedic purposes, and has only one legitamate argument, sunrays. Even then it only shows one light source in a studio, whereas the argument is there were multiple in a studio. 

On the moon there is only one strong light source: the Sun. So it’s fair to suggest that all shadows should run parallel to one another. But this was not the case during the moon landing: videos and photographs clearly show that shadows fall in different directions. 
    PogueGooberry
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat And you flagging every post as Funny is no different.

Pot meet kettle.
    And I am not flagging literally every post as funny, unless I find it funny. I find some of them funny because I was once in that position.

If I find a fallacious argument, I do the same. If I disagree, I'll thumbs down, not flag as fallacy. Where is the fallacy in the last instance I was with Aristotle quote?
    Gooberry
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -   edited February 2018
    @SilverishGoldNova
    No, Adam Ruins Everything was created to be educational and funny, not just for comedic purposes. No, that is not the argument, fallacy. The lights could not make the same shadows. They had experts on it. 

Edit: You committed a straw man fallacy. 
    SilverishGoldNova

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    @Erfisflat And you flagging every post as Funny is no different.

Pot meet kettle.
    And I am not flagging literally every post as funny, unless I find it funny. I find some of them funny because I was once in that position.

If I find a fallacious argument, I do the same. If I disagree, I'll thumbs down, not flag as fallacy. Where is the fallacy in the last instance I was with Aristotle quote?
    Because that is the irrelevant conclusion fallacy. 
    LibertineStatesGooberry

I friended myself! 
    Just for your information; every single post being made by @erfisflat contains innumerable lies and fallacies.

I counted around 66 lies, and 35 fallacies in 3 posts.

So yes, it is indeed fallacious reasoning; as I am pointing out SNGs fallacies (Or others are), and neither of them really want to defend their reasoning, I think tagging their fallacies as such, is relatively fair.
    PogueLibertineStates
    @Erfisflat It seems this thread has dissolved into a glober circle jerk.  

@Pouge
    1.  I will work on that

2. That depends, for example, lets talk about long distance curvature tests.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GGC65FtNOcM/Vb-R8aTeXqI/AAAAAAAAQBk/MMazD4n2qKo/s1600/corsica.jpg

This is the Island of Corsica, from 99 miles away at 70 feet above sea level. Should be hidden 5,252 feet under the horizon.

Try this for yourself! Put these results into a curvature calculator

https://dizzib.github.io/earth/curve-calc/?d0=99&h0=70&unit=imperial

3. It can't happen, that's what it would look like.

4. The other planets don't exist they are part of the firmament. 
    LibertineStatesGooberry
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    @LibertineStates @Pouge @Gooberry I am very curious if you 3 wanna try actual debate instead of patting eachother on the backs and claiming literaly everything is a fallacy and misusing fallacies to dodge questions? This is debateisland, not metabunk. 

GooberryPogueErfisflat

@Erfisflat It seems this thread has dissolved into a glober circle jerk.  

@Pouge
    1.  I will work on that

2. That depends, for example, lets talk about long distance curvature tests.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GGC65FtNOcM/Vb-R8aTeXqI/AAAAAAAAQBk/MMazD4n2qKo/s1600/corsica.jpg

This is the Island of Corsica, from 99 miles away at 70 feet above sea level. Should be hidden 5,252 feet under the horizon.

Try this for yourself! Put these results into a curvature calculator

https://dizzib.github.io/earth/curve-calc/?d0=99&h0=70&unit=imperial

3. It can't happen, that's what it would look like.

4. The other planets don't exist they are part of the firmament. 
    Which questions are you responding to? 
    Whatever I will get onto it.
    2. Refraction and how high up is the camera? 
    3. I do not know what question it is. 
    4. How? Why? What evidence? 
    Gooberry

I friended myself! 
    @LibertineStates @Pouge @Gooberry I am very curious if you 3 wanna try actual debate instead of patting eachother on the backs and claiming literaly everything is a fallacy and misusing fallacies to dodge questions? This is debateisland, not metabunk. 

Sure! How about we start with this argument, that you have skipped 3 times?

You’re first argument is that water Is observed to be flat. You’re arguments in your last set of replies is that the reason water is observed to be curved is due to perspective. 

Note: The second part by definition refutes the first. You can’t make both arguments without implicitly contradicting yourself, and you don’t seem to appreciate that you have literally proved your own point wrong in your reply.

Water can’t both never appear curved, and appear to be curved because if perspective.

You may feel you have an explanation of why water appears and is observed to be curved: but that doesn’t mean the observation doesn’t exist, and that you can’t pretend that it does.

Given how ubiquitous these measurements are; boats, horizons, buildings, sunsets: when you sat down and wrote your first argument, you MUST have been aware of these observations. 

As a result, knowing there are observations of the water being curved; and yet pretending as if they do not exist either shows your argument intentionally omitted material facts in order to misrepresent the strength of your position: or you do not understand how science works: you cannot simply say an inconvenient observation doesn’t exist because you feel you can explain it.

Now: here is the problem with your argument 1. You’re misrepresenting your position: your argument “Water is always observed to be flat” SHOULD be rephrased as “water regularly observed to be curved, but I have an explanation of why it looks curved when actually it’s flat”.

Rephrasing the argument you wrote with the argument you’re actually making; it should really drive home how your argument, is actually using this misstatement to make your argument sound WAY stronger than it is; and at best misleading people into think you’re making an argument you are not.

You should be relying on science, observations, logic and reason to make your argument appear strong: not on misrepresenting what your argument actually is.

So; given this: let’s move on to the argument you actually seem to be making: that every observation of curved water being down to perspective.

This is a bogus argument and one that is easily refuted and never actually mathematically explained by you or anyone: despite it being an argument from geometry. 

If water is flat, and you are 100 feet above sea level: then a line between you and any position 100ft above sea level is parallel with the waterline.

These lines can never meet by definition: they are parallel. If these lines can’t meet, and are always 100ft separating them; then there is no point where the water is at or above that line between you and the object being observed, and therefore it i not possible for that water to obscure the object.

Your argument from perspective falls apart. Because any trivial analysis of perspective shows it can’t do what you say it can.

Pogueqipwbdeo
  • @SilverishGoldNova We've already tried that, and you people are too unreasonable for that to work, apparently.
    PogueGooberryqipwbdeo
  • The argument I made was that light sources came in multiple directions, thus proving this was a studio and not one light source. Your video blatantly distorts this argument.
    Gooberry

Note:

Arguing about people marking your posts as fallacies, as if this is the only thing people are doing, when substantial arguments and refutations have provided is the “red herring fallacy” where you raise an unrelated argument to defend your position. I have it as such.
    PogueLibertineStatesqipwbdeo

1. I am not claiming everything to be a fallacy. 
    2. I give actual arguments. You ignore or misrepresent or give alternative facts. 
    3. You committed a fallacy there but I do not care to mark it as such. 
    Gooberry

I friended myself! 
    @Erfisflat You know what you can have the podium back, this is just a repeat of what happened on DDO, if you want to deal with these clowns misusing fallacies to dodge questions and patting eachother on the back then thats your choice, I'm done. I'm not gonna do this again. I'm gonna pursue other methods of FE activism, just, when I complete my debate, be prepared to remove their inevitable votebombs. This website is the worst failure of an experiment since Airy's Failure. 

"The experiment known as “Airy’s Failure” proved that the stars move relative to a stationary Earth and not the other way around. By first filling a telescope with water to slow down the speed of light inside, then calculating the tilt necessary to get the starlight directly down the tube, Airy failed to prove the heliocentric theory since the starlight was already coming in the correct angle with no change necessary, and instead proved the geocentric model correct."

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-e_BwZ0FnJXw/Vb-EQBhXHuI/AAAAAAAAP8M/D6vFQKxnVYM/s1600/airy1.JPG

PogueGooberryqipwbdeo

• namemcnamenamemcname 88 Pts   -  
    So I've just been lurking in this thread for a little bit, the arguments by Erfy and Silverfish are so damn cringey. I just have one thing to say

@SilverishGoldNova Ah, you went on an angry rant and now you're threatening to leave again. You like to focus on post reactions rather than their arguments. What a shock!
    PogueGooberryqipwbdeo
    @Erfisflat You know what you can have the podium back, this is just a repeat of what happened on DDO, if you want to deal with these clowns misusing fallacies to dodge questions and patting eachother on the back then thats your choice, I'm done. I'm not gonna do this again. I'm gonna pursue other methods of FE activism, just, when I complete my debate, be prepared to remove their inevitable votebombs. This website is the worst failure of an experiment since Airy's Failure. 

"The experiment known as “Airy’s Failure” proved that the stars move relative to a stationary Earth and not the other way around. By first filling a telescope with water to slow down the speed of light inside, then calculating the tilt necessary to get the starlight directly down the tube, Airy failed to prove the heliocentric theory since the starlight was already coming in the correct angle with no change necessary, and instead proved the geocentric model correct."

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-e_BwZ0FnJXw/Vb-EQBhXHuI/AAAAAAAAP8M/D6vFQKxnVYM/s1600/airy1.JPG

Airy's failure proved there was no ether. Since it does not exist, it failed.
    Bedford level proved that water is not flat. 

Also, the Earth not moving (which it does) does not prove a flat Earth. To actually slow the speed of light down (by a considerable amount) you need a telescope filled with BEC. 
    www.santarosa.edu/~yataiiya/4D/Phys4D-SlowingLight-BoseEinsteinCondensate.ppt
    http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2009/dec/15/slowed-light-breaks-record
    https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/1999/02/physicists-slow-speed-of-light/
    namemcnameGooberryErfisflatqipwbdeo

I friended myself! 

So this would be the fourth time you’ve ignored the argument I’ve made, only to claim that we’re not attempting to argue.

Just to make sure you didn’t miss it:

Pogue

Why is this website a failure? The people on this site just present facts and evidence. They also debunk your points and point out illogical claims. That is a fallacy because you called us clowns. That is an ad-hominem fallacy. 
    qipwbdeo

I friended myself! 
    Pogue said:

Why is this website a failure? The people on this site just present facts and evidence. They also debunk your points and point out illogical claims. That is a fallacy because you called us clowns. That is an ad-hominem fallacy. 
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/RationalWiki:Leaving_and_never_coming_back
    PogueLibertineStates
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Gooberry said:
    Pogue said:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/RationalWiki:Leaving_and_never_coming_back
    That is very true. 
    GooberryErfisflat

I friended myself! 
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited February 2018

The damage is already done, guaranteed there are dozens of new critical thinking flat earthers because of you. If you can do a few videos of demonstrations and refutations, these pages are going down in history, you have to light the spark, the rest is history. Let them pat each other on the back, when they get really fallacious, like goober, who literally ignored anything that disagreed with his "leading" point, just ignore him. I see a farmer on a mule with a carrot and the farmer is the one wearing the blinders lol. Let him mark it all he wants, let all of them mark it. We know how this works.

Gooberry
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    So I've just been lurking in this thread for a little bit, the arguments by Erfy and Silverfish are so damn cringey. I just have one thing to say

@SilverishGoldNova Ah, you went on an angry rant and now you're threatening to leave again. You like to focus on post reactions rather than their arguments. What a shock!

Says the guy lurking...
    Gooberry

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat I'm gonna post the rebuttal in a second, I got a bit angry and went a little out of line.  

And now, for the extremely simple rebuttal to Gooberry's constantly posted hot air

Image result for perspective vanishing point

P L H P W B 
    l  e  o e  o  u  
    e a  w r  r   d  
    a r      s  k      
    s n     p  s
    e        e
              c
              t
              i
              v
              e

Lets see how long it takes for this post to get marked as a fallacy for no good reason. 

Unrelatedly, the stars are winning 2-0, 9:30 left in the 3rd Period. Go Stars!
    Gooberry

@Goobery An easy rebuttal to your argument. It probably won't be long before one of you marks my post as a fallacy and then claim I made a fallacy you obviously don't know the true meaning of, or just make up a fallacy and hop off.

Either way I've been looking forward to the 500 fallacies badge.

I'll wait.
    GooberryqipwbdeoPogue

• @Erfisflat I'm gonna post the rebuttal in a second, I got a bit angry and went a little out of line.  
    @Erfisflat ; But still, I have a feeling one of them is gonna vb on me on my debate, so if you could, monitor it for me.

• Erfisflat said:

@SilverishGoldNova Ah, you went on an angry rant and now you're threatening to leave again. You like to focus on post reactions rather than their arguments. What a shock!

Says the guy lurking...
    Yeah, I don't really see him try to debate, it's always fallacious hot air and then he fades back to lurking.

Pogue said:
    @SilverishGoldNova
    No, Adam Ruins Everything was created to be educational and funny, not just for comedic purposes. No, that is not the argument, fallacy. The lights could not make the same shadows. They had experts on it. 

Edit: You committed a straw man fallacy. 
    Unless they opened up a fkng window to the studio...
    LibertineStatesqipwbdeoGooberryPogue

Wayne Dyer
  • @Erfisflat The argument that was made, was that light coming in from multiple directions proved that it was shot in a studio. I call out this lie, and now suddenly I'm comitting a strawman fallAcy.

https://i.imgflip.com/24r6mc.jpg

or when someone claims that the video appears to have been made for comedic purposes
    qipwbdeo

Pogue said:

Also, the Earth not moving (which it does) does not prove a flat Earth. To actually slow the speed of light down (by a considerable amount) you need a telescope filled with BEC. 
    Now water doesn't slow light... and goober agrees!
    SilverishGoldNovaLibertineStatesqipwbdeoPogue

Wayne Dyer
  • Ah, Gooberfish, such a charm. This should be my reactions by the end of the day

• qipwbdeoqipwbdeo 30 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:

Pogue said it does not do it by a lot. It is very very very very little. You need BEC to slow it down by a lot. Nice misrepresentation of his argument. 
    Pogue
    @Erfisflat The argument that was made, was that light coming in from multiple directions proved that it was shot in a studio. I call out this lie, and now suddenly I'm comitting a strawman fallAcy.

or when someone claims that the video appears to have been made for comedic purposes
    Please show me where there arrle multiple light sources. It would have been impossible to do! The shadows that are parell could only have been created by the sun. It would have taken millions of lasers which were very expensive and only came in red to create that.
    Pogue
    @Erfisflat
    You have no even attempted to discredit @Pogue’s argument on gravity and everything you have put fourth hs failed and/or does not make sense and/or not given other alternatives. Gravity exists so a flat Earth can not. Also, how come you guys said other planets do not exist and/or the moon (in the moon landings debate). 
    Pogue
  • qipwbdeoqipwbdeo 30 Pts   -   edited February 2018
    When examining all the evidence that has no mistakes and/or is pseudoscience, one can only conclude that the Earth is fake (joking). One can only conclude that the Earth is not flat. 
    Pogue

And now, for the extremely simple rebuttal to Gooberry's constantly posted hot air

Image result for perspective vanishing point

P L H P W B 
    l  e  o e  o  u  
    e a  w r  r   d  
    a r      s  k      
    s n     p  s
    e        e
              c
              t
              i
              v
              e

Lets see how long it takes for this post to get marked as a fallacy for no good reason. 

Unrelatedly, the stars are winning 2-0, 9:30 left in the 3rd Period. Go Stars!
    1.) You completely ignored, for the fifth time; the entire first 75% of my post, that outlines and details how and why you’ve refuted your own argument.

2.) what, exactly, is this a rebuttal of? Because it is unrelated to my argument:

You’re claiming that sunset and ships going over the horizon is due to “perspective”. which is not possible.

Your rebuttal to this is an image in which neither ships nor the sun go over the horizon, and at no point shows the ground interfering with or getting in the way of objects above the ground. It doesn’t show anything you’ve claimed

You offer no argument or explanation as to why it’s a rebuttal. Nor offer a description of what it is intended to show, or refute; nor did you even describe or referwnce anything I said.

As I pointed out, parallel lines don’t meet; and as a result, the ground (or the sea) can’t appear in front of an object above the ground (or sea) if they’re flat: and this is actually mirrored - and shown  - by your perspective non-rebuttal image.

So no: your argument makes no sense, it’s literally an irrelevant image asserted as if it shows something It doesn’t.

As a result, your post constitutes both a non sequitur/red herring and an argument by assertion: so are genuinely fallacious.

qipwbdeoPogue
    @Goobery An easy rebuttal to your argument. It probably won't be long before one of you marks my post as a fallacy and then claim I made a fallacy you obviously don't know the true meaning of, or just make up a fallacy and hop off.

Either way I've been looking forward to the 500 fallacies badge.

I'll wait.
    Complaining about behaviour,l instead of answering arguments is an ad hominem.

an attack on the person in lieu of an argument.

i am happy to explain in detail how you’re arguments are fallacious: I did with Erfisflat, for example. 
    qipwbdeoPogue
    qipwbdeo said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:

Pogue said it does not do it by a lot. It is very very very very little. You need BEC to slow it down by a lot. Nice misrepresentation of his argument. 
    33% isn't very little at all.
    Pogue

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    qipwbdeo said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:

33% isn't very little at all.
    "Scientists have long known that the speed of light can be slowed slightly ..." https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/01/150123144158.htm. You are misusing data. It is 33% because the speed of light is so fast. "... 225,000 kilometers per second in the water ..." http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/speedoflight/. BEC slows it down to 61 km/hour. I feel like that is a misuse of statistics fallacy. 
    qipwbdeoErfisflat

I friended myself! 
    @SilverishGoldNova

So, let’s talk about his perspective works; given that you made accusations.

When talking about objects and perspective, the important quantities you need to talk about are angular size and angular position. This is the size of object and position of the object as it appears without referencing distances. 

When you have an object above your eye like, it’s angular position is = inverse tan(height above eye line/distance). An obvious consequence is as the object gets far away the angle gets smaller and smaller.

When an object is infinitely far away the object will have an angular position of 0 degrees, the tan of 0.

This is known as for the vanishing point: the location all objects would appear when infinitely far away. The further and further away an object is, the smaller it will appear and the closer it will be to this vanishing point.

Inv tan ( height / distance) is the trigonomic explanation of pretty much all perspective.

If you’re in the shore, looking at a boat, and it falls over the horizon: this can’t be perspective if the earth is flat.

The sea is always below you (unless your eyes are below sea level), which means h is negative; and the angle is negative.

The boat will either be taller than you (positive height), or be below you (negative height) but higher than the water: in both cases the angular position of the bottom of the boat would be higher than the angular position of the sea at the position of the boat: and given that INV tan (h/d) always moves closer to the horizontal with greater distance, the closest the sea can appear to be to the boat will be where the boat actually is.

You’re claims about perspective are neither explained, nor make any mathematical sense. The mathematics of perspective is pretty well known, and the easiest thing to repeat.

The only examples you will see in YouTube of this perspective are generally where the camera is below the level of the flat surface: and so can get in the way.

So now that I’ve explained to you that I actually know how perspective works to a fairly technical degree: please feel free to explain how you’re impossible perspective mechanism actually works.

qipwbdeo
  • qipwbdeo said:
    @Erfisflat The argument that was made, was that light coming in from multiple directions proved that it was shot in a studio. I call out this lie, and now suddenly I'm comitting a strawman fallAcy.

Please show me where there arrle multiple light sources. It would have been impossible to do! The shadows that are parell could only have been created by the sun. It would have taken millions of lasers which were very expensive and only came in red to create that.
    http://assets.rebelcircus.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/lightMOON.jpg

qipwbdeoGooberry

• PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    qipwbdeo said:

You've got the sun, the Earth's reflected light, light reflecting off the lunar module, the spacesuits, and also the lunar surface. That does not debunk the claim that it. The shadows are perfectly parallel to the object creating the shadow. You give no explanation either. I think we all should stop this mini-debate but I will gladly keep going on if you do not want to stop it. 
    qipwbdeo

I friended myself! 
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    qipwbdeo said:

You've got the sun, the Earth's reflected light, light reflecting off the lunar module, the spacesuits, and also the lunar surface. That does not debunk the claim that it. The shadows are perfectly parallel to the object creating the shadow. You give no explanation either. However, I do not even see how that proves there were multiple light sources. I think we all should stop this mini-debate but I will gladly keep going on if you do not want to stop it. 
    qipwbdeo

I friended myself! 
    tttflat said:
    @Gooberry @Pogue
    The Earth is flat kids. Deal with it! You can not change that! You guys act like idiotic 8-year-olds!
    What an excellent and well thought out argument: its so convincing, I can almost feel the weight of 2000 years of scientific study and evidence crumbling around me.

I particularly like the way you assert we’re both wrong, hurl an insult; and claim we’re the ones acting like 8 year olds!

Pogueqipwbdeo
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    tttflat said:
    @Gooberry @Pogue
    The Earth is flat kids. Deal with it! You can not change that! You guys act like idiotic 8-year-olds!
    Oh my gosh! You convinced me (joking). I have a question, how do you act like an 8-year-old when you are not one? The evidence you provided was so convincing (joking). 
    Erfisflatqipwbdeo

I friended myself! 
    http://www.moonlandinghoax.org/5.html

The shadow thing is inconclusive, for either side.

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    http://www.moonlandinghoax.org/5.html

The shadow thing is inconclusive, for either side.
    It is very rare on Earth. None of the moon pictures you or @SilverishGoldNova provided show something that should not have happened. All pictures have parrellel shadows and show 1 light source even though there could have been more.
    Pogue
This Debate has been closed.

DebateIsland.com

| The Best Online Debate Experience!
© 2023 DebateIsland.com, all rights reserved. DebateIsland.com | The Best Online Debate Experience! Debate topics you care about in a friendly and fun way. Come try us out now. We are totally free!

Contact us

customerservice@debateisland.com
Terms of Service

Get In Touch