frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Debate.com - Was Debate Website Debate.com ever build for online debating?

Debate Information

Debate.com,

The perfect domain for online debates is just serving online ads.
I bet it gets lots of search engine traffic just because of the Debate.com name, but disappoints its visitors once they land there.
But was Debate.com once a great online debate website that was subsequently shut down? Or was it always put up just a fancy domain name to lure unsuspecting visitors into an ad farm?
Should Debate.com just sell their domain name to an actual online debate website?

Debate.com history according to internet archive

Based on a bit of research and looking at internet archive way back machine, it seems that Debate.com was launched in 1999,but was never an actual debate site.

Debate.com history accrding to crunchbase

However, According https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/debate-com#/entity Debate.com was founded in 2007, and even lists its contacts, founder name, email, and phone number.

Debate.com description is listed as follows:
 Debate.com is a membership-based online debating service designed to provide an easy and free system for members to intellectually challenge, debate and communicate with each other on the Web. Members can create their own unique profiles that identify their political affiliations, interests, educational background and opinions on hot topics and Debate.com's technology then provides a "ratio of disagreement" with the other members, making it easy to select an opponent or to build group of friends. Members can also add photo albums to their profiles and share their albums with their friends or the entire community. Members can challenge existing members or invite anyone to come and debate them on a topic of their choice selected from a wide range of categories. A formal debate is between two members, the instigator and contender; but every member can participate in the debate by posting comments and voting on the winner. Voting is based upon a point system that allows members to vote on 7 key elements of the debate. All debaters are ranked based upon the number of debates they have debated in relation to the number of debates they have won.
Debate.com is evolutionary in nature and will continue to add new features to encourage further education, discussion and communication among the members.

Debate.com future?

So what is the true history and intend of this registered domain name? Is Debate.com a future domain for a great to be launched Debate website?

DebateIsland
  1. Live Poll

Debate.com - Was Debate Website Debate.com ever build for online debating?

7 votes
    1. Debate.com was once a debate website that subsequently shutdown
      28.57%
    2. Debate.com was always an ad farm
      57.14%
    3. Debate.com will likely be used in the future for an actual debate website
      14.29%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    As far as I remember Debate.com was always an ad farm.  Great domain name, but nothing behind it.
    I also think it still gets lots of traffic from random users looking to debate online, as Debate.com would clearly be the obvious domain they would think of. Many users will also likely confuse Debate.com with Debate.org, which by the way is also a site far inferior to DebateIsland.
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Debate.com could have been. There is a reason I love DebateIsland.com, it's simple and casual.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    As far as I recall, Debate.com was never a real debate website.  

• ashleysak12982ashleysak12982 2 Pts   -  
    No, I think that they were holding the domain and trying to make some money doing so through the ad farm it is now.
  • Isn't that the old domain name of buggyhellholl.org? Used to be, now it's just an ad farm
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)