frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

iDebate.org - should iDebate ex-users debate on DebateIsland?

Debate Information

iDebate

iDebate was once a popular debate web site, but recently shutdown its online debating functionality.  The overall iDebate website is still active with legacy 2016 content, but debating feature is not enabled.  I find it interesting that iDebate debating feature was shut down, and believe that iDebate.org ex-users will find a happy home on DebateIsland.com

iDebate.org 

continues to offer static debate related resources about debating, but all dynamic iDebate features don't seem to function.  

iDebate.org message to iDebate users

Below is the message on iDebate.org web site when you click on Debate Now icon,

Dear debate community,
in 2011 we launched VBates as a new way for millions of potential participants worldwide to experience the wonders of debate.
VBates offered a standardized technology platform that makes debate available to anyone with even basic internet access. It represents an elegant, cloud-based video platform for the 21st century that facilitates debate between youth, classes, schools and even countries.
VBates promotes the opportunity to debate, breaking down barriers of location, race and class while extending the boundaries of online-learning.
After four years of supporting, maintaining and developing this debate tool, unfortunately, we came to a moment where we need to reevaluate this service in a dawn of revamping of the whole Idebate.org ecosystem. Therefore, VBates will not be longer available.
We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to bring back this service in the future as an integrated part of idebate.org platform.
DebateIsland
  1. Live Poll

iDebate.org - should iDebate ex-users debate on DebateIsland?

7 votes
    1. Yes - iDebate users should transfer to DebateIsland
      100.00%
    2. No - iDebate users should go elsewhere
        0.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I am not sure if there are any iDebate.org users left,  but I suggest they transfer here to join DebateIsland community.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    I was an user of iDebate.org a few years ago.  Back then options were limited as DebateIsland.com didnt yet exist.  Even when iDebate.org was live, it wasn't anywhere close to the debating user experience that DebateIslnd offers.
    i doubt that there are still any iDebate.org users that didnot disolve into the random universe of sub par debating sites. I hope that some of the good debaters will find their way here, but also there were many trolls that I would personally prefer not to se as part of DebateIsland.
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    I was never an active user or iDebate.org, but 3 years ago when I tried to use it for debating it was so confusing and not user firendly. I am surprised that it took iDebate.org so long to stutdown their debate service.  That I believe is the same fate that awaits Debate.org
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Yes, Idebate is very different and too formal.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited July 2017
    If it shut down then it's pretty much obsolete. Debate.org and are pretty bad. 
    aarong
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)