frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is The GOP Falling Apart?

Debate Information

After yesterday, many believe that the Republican Party (GOP) is falling apart. They have been trying for 7 years to repeal Obamacare Care, but when they had an opportunity they did not jump on it. 
  1. Live Poll

?

13 votes
    1. Yes
      46.15%
    2. No
      53.85%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• That is a great argument, but I disagree. As Paul Ryan said during his news conference, the GOP is suffering from "growing pains." They are now the majority in basically everything. The GOP does have to get themselves together, but they are surely not falling apart. The conservatives and moderates just didn't agree and just a couple of minutes before the vote, that was understood.
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    I don't think they are falling apart.  That is part of the shakeup by Trump as he is a change agent.
    I think that the healthcare reform pull out is part of a deliverate strategy by Trump to show his unpredictability. I think he will come back to it as will use it as leverage against his opponents.
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    I agree that it is falling apart.  GOP is now highly divided and being attacked from every direction.
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    @fullarama_tvshow , I agree with your point.  Healthcare vote is not indicative of GOP falling apart.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    It is less about GOP falling apart, but more about a new dynamic developing within GOP. Below is a relevamt article that synthesizes the situation rather well.

A new dynamic may be emerging in the House: A right and left flank within the GOP willing to buck leadership.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/a-new-dynamic-may-be-emerging-in-the-house-a-right-and-left-flank-within-the-gop-willing-to-buck-leadership/2017/03/24/f0f2602a-10b6-11e7-9b0d-d27c98455440_story.html?utm_term=.38d34afa13eb&wpisrc=nl_&wpmm=1
    Live Long and Prosper
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    I think that what happened demonstrates how fragile GOP is, and arguably this now jeopardizes the overall agenda.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/25/the-biggest-loser-after-obamacare-reforms-death-may-be-trumps-whole-agenda-analysts-say.html

The 'biggest loser' after Obamacare reform's death may be Trump's whole agenda, analysts say
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • No, the democrats are.
  • melanielustmelanielust 285 Pts   -  
    Both the democrats and republicans are going to shambles, the nature of the party system is creating a gaping schism; the GOP was hijacked by Christian conservatives and Democrats were hijacked by the radical left
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    @melanielust, I agree with your points about both parties.  It seems that more sides are becoming more extremist and the country is being divided and pulled in every direction. Across all types of lines.
    GOP specifically now has a large spectrum of sub-factions, only uniting on specific issues, not on overall approach.  I always suspected that someone like Trump would have such effect on the country
    WhyTrump - a good question