frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Trump Compared to Peter the Great of Russian history

2»

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    87% agreed. With 45 votes I think that is now a stastistically significant finding. Maybe someone should tell Trump and make him proud in case he needs any additional boost to his ego :smile:
    Live Long and Prosper
  • Donald Trump is simialar to Peter the great.
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    I think he is more similar to Adolf Hitler in some ways. Please see the other debatedebateisland.com/discussion/319/is-trump-more-similar-to-hitler-stalin-or-alec-baldwin#latest
  • Donald Trump is simialar.
  • Yes, he does share some simialarities with Peter the great.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    For those of you who voted that they are similar, it will be interesting to see if these similarities develop further as Trump continues with his presidency
    Live Long and Prosper
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I wonder if the opinion on this topic will continue to hold and even get stronger.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • He is simialar to Peter the Great of Russia.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I see other debate sites now also debating on this debate.  I think it continue to show similarity.  One trend that is interesting in reading comments, that those who are against Trump find it difficult to accept overall similarities between Trump and Peter the Great. I guess that is part of unconcious bias.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • mandj_49492mandj_49492 12 Pts   -  
    Yes, this is a great debate. I think that Peter the great is simialar to Donald Trump.
  • lmfj_19929lmfj_19929 2 Pts   -  
    Yes, i think that he is simialar when it comes to certain things.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    This debate has been the most populat debate on this site, and overwhelming majority of DebateIsland users (88%) agreed.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    Peter the Great, really? How about Hitler who led Nationalistic management movement in Germany.
    i will grant you that Trump and Peter the Great had similar height, but one was a great leader and the other one just out of his mind.
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    Trump and Peter the Great are similar in some ways and different in others.  
    Both had large egos and were drivers of devisive change.
    The reason though that Peter the Great was called Great is because he actually got a lot done.  We are still not sure how Trump will change the timeline of history and it is way to early to make that call.  

• @inc4t , i believe that while too early to tell, he is already making positive change and many are confident that he will be successful in making much more.  Overall I believe they are very similar.
    there is a related poll here if we think he will make it better. 91% agree.
    http://debateisland.com/discussion/469/do-you-think-donald-trump-will-change-usa-for-the-better#latest
  • uhnarebauhnareba 2 Pts   -  
    That is an accurate comparison in my opinion.
  • Yes, in some ways.
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    I don't think that is a good comparison.  I suggest to consider based on accomplishments, not circumstancial similarities
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Yes, he is simialar to Peter The Great.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • josephenerjosephener 2 Pts   -  
    Yes, I see a similarity.
  • huejueunahuejueuna 2 Pts   -  
    Yes, there is definitely a simialar out between them. 
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    A big similarity coming to light, importance of military. We can see that Trump is decisively taking military action in middle east and war against ISIS.  He is also lookimg to dramatically increase the military budget.  Reminds me of Peter the Great building out of the fleet and fight for the Baltic Sea aggressions.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    They have many similarities and we are starting to see these similarities unfold.
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    That is a great comparison. Recent examples of Trump cleaning house is another similarity.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    They had principally different outlooks on how the world should work. Peter the Great is regarded so well in Russia (despite all the atrocities he committed which could reasonably be compared to Lenin's and Stalin's "achievements") mostly because, as they say it, "He chopped a window into Europe": Peter the Great was the first leader in the history of the Russian empire who advocated for opening the internal markets up for external investments, for extensive trade and immigration between Russia and Europe. He also was not big on nationalism and was not shy of importing foreign policies in case they seemed more reasonable to him than Russian traditionalist policies.

While both are extremely unsavory individuals, their outlooks on the role of their country in the world are exactly opposite. Trump would be executed in Peter's Russia, and Peter would be getting regular angry remarks on Trumps Twitter in Trump's America.