frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Does ISIS represent Islam at all?

Debate Information

I believe it does; ISIS represents the strictest interpretation of Islam. Not all Muslims are bad, but ISIS is the most radical and therefore most pure kind of Islam
  1. Live Poll

ISIS is Islamic

19 votes
    1. agree
      89.47%
    2. disagree
      10.53%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    ISIS clerly represents Islam, although in its most radical form
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • snlagsinstsnlagsinst 22 Pts   -  
    I agree completely, it does represent strict Islam, radical beliefs.
  • I agree with @melanielust . It is definitely Islam.
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    yes, it represents some Islam.  
  • PinoPino 85 Pts   -  
    I feel that the Quran contains sufficient content to suggest justification for the barbaric acts of savagery of I.S.I.S, terrorists.
    I am unaware of any other religion which, in modern times, has spawned  those who will commit some of the worst atrocities the world has ever seen in the name of their God.
    ''Death to the infidel'', that's all non Muslims. 

• LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    For all who voted 'It does' Mind quoting me a verse in Historical+Textual context, Ordering these bombings? On the contrary, I can quote you verses saying suicide is haram in islam.
  • natbaronsnatbarons 133 Pts   -  
    Yes, clearly it does. ISIS is in the Middle East and obviously represents islams and the Islamic state.
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    @Logic If a Christian doesn't have a bible, does that somehow make him not a Christian?? 

https://spectator.org/isis-is-islamic-but-most-of-islam-is-not-isis/

• WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta, I agree.  There are probably rare exceptions to this rule, but in general ISIS represents an extremist form of muslim. As you pointed out, obviously not all muslims agree with ISIS - and most in fact disagree with it.
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta  But that's like saying you can be a biker without a bike. 
    In addition they have broken so many islamic laws. 
    @Logic There are a lot of female bikers out there, no many of them have there own bikes.  Never the less, "breaking Islamic laws" is merely someone's interpretation, one that ISIS doesn't share.
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta , It's not really open for interpretation, If something says 'Suicide in any form will send you to hell'  How can you misinterpret that??
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta , It's not really open for interpretation, If something says 'Suicide in any form will send you to hell'  How can you misinterpret that??
  • skidoe_1029skidoe_1029 12 Pts   -  
    I agree with @CYDdharta .
    @Logic It also says "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out.", so obviously it is open to interpretation.

• LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta  Any muslim in their right mind, Would look for the context of this verse i.e http://theamericanmuslim.org/tam.php/features/articles/quran_2191_commentary/ ;
    And you must note that this verse was in the time that the prophet was being attacked by the kuffar. I believe it was in mecca, The quraysh had gathered ALL of the tribes and attacked him, Along with some of the people that didn't like his rule attacking him, Because when he came, they lost power.  He was 1.Tortured 2. His people were being murdered like cattle in front of his eyes 3. His people were being exiled, If not already murdered.  Would someone in their right mind, Stand by, And let all this happen? 
    @Logic No one ever said ISIS faithful were in their right mind; never the less, they find justification for their actions in the Koran.  Bin Laden preached that the West was doing all those things to Muslims in the 1990s-2000s.
  • randalrandal 67 Pts   -  
    @logic , that could be a little to aggressive. Although, I agree. I just don't think @CYDdharta lives under a rock and is a fantastic user.
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta I agree with randal, I'm sorry for getting angry. 
    The media has you hating the oppressed, And loving the oppressors.
    https://mediaequalizer.com/brian-maloney/2014/09/who-is-behind-this-sinister-isis-us-army-hoax
  • knekk_3029knekk_3029 32 Pts   -  
    It does represent Islam.
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    @Logic  I'm  not quite sure how your link proving ISIS is manipulating images does anything to support your claims.  

As an aside, you seem pretty new to these types of forums.  Here's a piece of advice, never use blogs to "prove" your position.  No one takes such a source seriously, and you just end up looking like someone who trolls the alt blogasphere in a desperate.search for anyone who shares your preconceived notions.  

As a conservative I hate the MSM; by and large they'll do anything to undermine my position.  Regardless,  if there's anything to the point I want to conveying I can usually find some form of validation, even if the rest of the article is partisan spin.  If you can't find anything anywhere in the MSM to support your position, maybe you should rethink it.
  • mediucodedmediucoded 2 Pts   -  
    I agree with @cydharta , considering I'm also a conservative.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I agre with @CYDdharta  on  this one, although @logic is presenting diverse sources to support his claims.  I just question the quality of these sources.

Live Long and Prosper
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    I mean, Israel has been the source of all bad things happening.
    Israel was formed 1948, The egyptians overthrew king Farouk in 1952.... Enough time for Israel to gain some power. And you would wonder, Why would they overthrow him??  Search him up, He was the best thing that ever happened to Egypt. So maybe, Someone put that idea in their heads. Search: Edward Snowden: Simon Elliot 
    If that isn't enough proof ISIS is Israel Secret Intelligence Service, I don't know what is.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @Logic, that is quite a stretch to declare this vague conspiracy theory as a proof.

Live Long and Prosper
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    The egyptian revolution one? I can understand that. But Edward Snowden, One of the most memorable whistle blowers there is, Released the 'Simon Elliot' Thing.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @Logic, I dont think that evidence uncovered by Snowden serves as prove for such a wild claim though.

Live Long and Prosper
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    @agsr  Connect the dots mate!  I - Israel  S - Secret I-Intelligence S - Service   
    After many people wondering why ISIS, Has attacked nearly everyone in the middle east except Israel, THEN Israel gets bombed. And not many IF any died.  Why would the government deem Snowden, A wanted man. If what he said was just a bunch of crazy talk?  Pictures of Simon Elliot/ Abu-Bakr Al Baghdadi, With american high ranks, Are everywhere.  It's far too strange.
    Logic said:
    The egyptian revolution one? I can understand that. But Edward Snowden, One of the most memorable whistle blowers there is, Released the 'Simon Elliot' Thing.

No, This claim appears to be misinformation/disinformation;

The bizarre claim that NSA documents released by Edward Snowden “prove” the US and Israel are behind al-Baghdadi’s actions has gone viral.

There’s only one problem. “It’s utter ,” Glenn Greenwald, the investigative journalist who helped break the NSA story, told me. “Snowden never said anything like that and no [NSA] documents suggest it.” Snowden’s lawyer, Ben Wizner, has called the story a hoax.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/09/inside-jobs-and-israeli-stooges-why-muslim-world-thrall-conspiracy-theories

• islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    I find some of these conspiracy theories offensive.  One of them I find particularly offensive that USA was behind 911.  These others I didn't research too thouroghly, but I bet it is from them same breed.  Looks like @CYDdharta  found good article to show that it's . 
    EmeryPearson
  • thereptherep 61 Pts   -  
    I agree with @logic .
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta  I see.  But did you go over the other reasons?
    The pictures?  
    @islander507  I want you to look at the empire state building when a plane went through it.  Then look at the twin towers. If that isn't enough proof, I don't know what is.  But here, http://911crashtest.org/ ;
    If science isn't enough to debunk 9/11, I don't know what is.