frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Would you use less shampoo if shampoo prices would double?

Debate Information

Shampoo is an interesting price elasticity question 
nato_baro
  1. Live Poll

?

9 votes
    1. I would use less
      55.56%
    2. I would use the same amount
      44.44%
WhyTrump - a good question

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    I think I would use the same and so would most people
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    I think that at some subconscious level I would be just a bit less generous with that shampoo bottle if I would've known that the prices just doubled.  
    After awhile though I would stop thinking about it and accept it as a new reality.
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    I would use slighly less
  • Schatzi11Schatzi11 41 Pts   -  
    I would not like to have dirt constantly sitting in my hair..... so I would use the same amount
    nato_baro
  • nato_baronato_baro 9 Pts   -  
    I would use less to conserve money.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @Schatzi11, I think thats subjective. One can be more careful how much shampoo is used and if needs to be used daily.  What if the price would go up 10 fold, 100 fold..would you stil use the same amount?
    Live Long and Prosper
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    @agsr I'd use the same amount but switch to an alternative.  At some point the market will correct itself.
  • Schatzi11Schatzi11 41 Pts   -  
     @agsr hmmm......  It honestly depends on what the situation is. Some days if I spend all day at the barn I would use more whereas if I just go to school and then do relatively nothing, I would use less.
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta, just for fun I googled shampoo alternatives and found this.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/101112-6-weird-shampoo-substitutes-that-actually-work-because-weve-all-gone-to-bizarre-lengths-for-luscious

I don't know if you really would want to switch to shampoo with rye flour or mud :)

i think that I would just stay with the shampoo, but use slightly less whenever there is disrectionary opportunity to use less. To point @Schatzi11
    Made, I would still use the same regardless of price after a day at the barn.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    @islander507 Those are certainly weird alternatives, aside from dish soap, which is more along the lines I was thinking.  There are a lot of 2-in-1 shampoo/body wash products on the market.
    therep
  • thereptherep 61 Pts   -  
    I would use the same amount regardless.