frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Has Disney stock lost its magic?

Debate Information

http://investorplace.com/2017/05/walt-disney-co-dis-stock-has-lost-its-magic/#.WSNvGFQpCf0

Walt Disney Co (DIS) Stock Has Lost Its Magic

This DIS stock bear spread will profit if shares continue to languish

joecavalry
  1. Live Poll

Has Disney stock lost its magic?

7 votes
    1. Yes
      28.57%
    2. No, still a good investment
      71.43%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    No, it's still a safe and good investment to make especially for he long term.
    inc4t
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    @joecavalry, I also think it is a good imnvestment. They have a nice business model that finds synergies between parks, movies, shows to have a timeless experience for generations. They really milk each asset.  Also their characters are not tied to specific people, so Mickey Mouse will still be popular 200 years from now.
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    I think their shows are just overrated, And the quality of their movies has dropped.  
    northsouthkorea
  • northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 221 Pts   -  
    I disagree @logic ,they are doing remakes now.
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    @northsouthkorea Remakes are definitely not better than the originals.
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    I think that Disney will do well. They basically brainwashed the kids with their characters, and parents are "forced" to buy movies, go to Disney parks, to keep kids happy.  Great business model. Because of the name recognition, barrier of entry are hugh.
    I don't have an opinion about quality of remakes vs original, but as they remake, they always keep the old and make it more relevant to kids today.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    @ale5  Well the only thing getting them money at this point, Are the kids that 'force' their parents to watch these crap movies. I used to enjoy the originals, Too bad the remakes seem horrible.
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    @Logic, I don't particularly enjoy these movies myself, but for kids it's great.  They can see a movie, then buy merchandise, and then go to disney world for theme rides. Oncd they've gone through that cycle, the Disney brainwashing cycle gets even stronger and they do that more and more.  It's really genious from business model perspective 
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    @ale5 I guess it is. :/ But for the people who actually enjoyed the originals, This sucks.
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    I think a key driver that contributes to Disney future sluggish expectations is distruption in entertainment industry in general.  While before big media was a monopoly, now there is a long tail of other entertainment channels eating at that audience. So instead of watching Disney channel, kids are watching YouTube videos.  That can't be good for profit.