frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should the death penalty be allowed

Debate Information

I'd love to hear different perspectives on this as it is a very controversial issue
  1. Live Poll

what do you think ?

9 votes
    1. yes
      88.89%
    2. no
      11.11%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    Yes, I understand that the cost of lifetime sentence is much greater, and frankly it maybe more humane to just do a death sentence than a lifetime in prison with no parole.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    The issue is not clear cut, but I lean towards supporting the death penalty.  
    I agree with @islander507 ;
    Live Long and Prosper
  • SaltyDogSaltyDog 21 Pts   -  
    yes but we shouldn't spend so much money on it. reserve it for those who are 100% proven to commit a serious enough crime and kill them. as long as it's quick I don't care about the method.
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    @SaltyDog, it will never be 100% accurate, but if someone is convicted for a violent crime I say death penalty is appropriate - and I agree lets make it a quick decision..that will be better for the tax payers and actually for the criminal (so he doesn't have to think about it too lomg)
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    Yes, But i think it should only be attributed to any kind of murder crimes. You kill, You be killed.