frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

FBI Director James Comey proof that Trump is corrupt?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• CovenyCoveny 419 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta now it makes more sense you watch faux news. http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/fox/

We don't agree, investigations are warranted.

The white house has a LONG history lying to cover itself. http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trump-presidential-lies-2017-story.html
    WhyTrump
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    @Coveny Of course leftwing sources are going to try to taint Fox News, but it's a lot closer to the center then, say, Washington Post.  Regardless, I posted QUOTES.  The source is entirely immaterial.

aarongagsr
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta, I still feel it's really suspicious. People deserve a fair investigation.
    WhyTrump - a good question
    @WhyTrump A LOT of things Obama did were VERY suspicious, much moreso than anything the Trump administration has done to date.  How about we have an independent investigation into Trump/Russia ties and an independent investigation into Obama's assassinating US citizens abroad, and an independent investigation into Fast and Furious, and an independent investigation into the IRS scandal, and an independent investigation into Obama's misuse of intelligence agencies, and an independent investigation into the Iran sanctions deal etc. etc.
    @CYDdharta, Obama never fired head of FBI who investigated him.  Wouldn't you want to know if Trump violated our trust ?
    Coveny
    @WhyTrump Trump never assassinated anyone, much less a US citizen.  Don't you think that's a bigger issue?
    @CYDdharta and I refitted the quote as not credible as well and the source being not creditable. You have an issue with daily kos, it's no different than faux news. (just in the opposite direction) 

I don't think Sharyl Attkisson counts as an unbiased source. I think a better source on media bias is https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

@Coveny ; Does this make you feel better?;

LT. GEN. H.R. McMASTER, NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER: I have a brief statement for the record. There is nothing that the president takes more seriously than the security of the American people. The story that came out tonight as reported is false. The president and the foreign minister reviewed a range of common threats to our two countries, including threats to civil aviation.

At no time, at no time, where intelligent sources or methods discussed. And the president did not disclose any military operations that were not already publicly known. Two other senior officials who were present, including the Secretary of the State, remember the meeting the same way and have said so. Their on the record accounts should outweigh anonymous sources. I was in the room. It didn't happen.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/05/15/mcmaster_the_story_that_came_out_tonight_as_reported_is_false.html

Now it your turn to find a credible source for your daily kos quote.

As far as Sharyl Attkisson goes, she's one of the few real investigative reporters out there.  She's about as unbiased as you're likely to find.  You may like mediabiasfactcheck more, but I wouldn't trust any organization that tries to label wikileaks as having a right bias.

• CuriousGeorgeCuriousGeorge 109 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta, do you feel that latest Kushner discovery will lead to more ties to Trump firing Comey amd Trump Russsia inappropriate ties?
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    If there was no evidence why did trump fire him?   If trump had something to hide he would fire him in my opinion which he did.
    Coveny
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @Logic, that is a possible explanation but not necessarily prove.  I agree though that Kushner son in law drama is not looking too good right now.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    @agsr There is literally no reason to have fired him if trump had nothing to hide.   But CYD won the cartoon war tbh. 
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Now that we heard Comey testimony I wanted to circle back on this debate.  I agree with @CYDdharta...still no proof
    Live Long and Prosper
  • CovenyCoveny 419 Pts   -   edited June 2017
    One part has proof. Comey's testimony was that the Russians affected our election. http://www.nbcnews.com/video/comey-russia-interfered-in-election-there-s-no-fuzz-on-that-962957891923 ;

Russians were attempting to help Trump. https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

Trump as admitted that the russian investigation was on his mind when he fired Comey - http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-reveals-he-asked-comey-whether-he-was-under-investigation-n757821

There are the also the issues Manafort -  with https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/us/politics/paul-manafort-ukraine-donald-trump.html

And Flynn - http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/politics/mike-flynn-donald-trump/index.html

So there is proof that Russia helped to get Trump elected, that people near Trump are working with Russia, and that Trump fired Comey at least partially because he was investigating those connections. The only thing left to prove is if Trump knew about Russia interfering or not. There is turning out to be less and less wiggle room for Don the con in this situation from the time this debate was originally posted, and it keeps looking worse and worse for him.

• FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    Someone once said.
    Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I personally wouldn't trust any politician, or high ranking official.
    And anything they say, should be taken with a pinch of salt.
    Coveny
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    @Fredsnephew, it is fair for you not to trust politicians, but that is not proof..
  • FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    @Fredsnephew, it is fair for you not to trust politicians, but that is not proof..

What I'm saying is.
    James Comey is no more trustworthy than Donald Trump.
    Therefore you will not come by honesty and the proof you're looking for very easily.
    islander507
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @Fredsnephew, that I agree with
    Live Long and Prosper
    Trump was caught in multiple lies, where Comey is a much more respectful person
    comey_testify
  • comey_testifycomey_testify 54 Pts   -  
    Trump has a great track record when it comes to honesty. It has to come up suspicious that Comey rote down his career his conversations with TrP after every meeting.
    Trump has a great track record when it comes to honesty. 
    Please tell this is sarcasm? It should be sarcasm, but it doesn't sound it is from the rest of the sentence...
    Back to the OP, just the opposite is true.  With all these investigations turning up nothing, the Trump administration is turning out to be one of the best vetted and least corrupt administrations in at least recent history.
    @Coveny ; The "conflicts of interest" that have been posted by your list of left-wing sites have been investigated.  They have yet to turn up anything.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -   edited June 2017
    @Coveny I'll believe it when an investigation uncovers something substantial

:D  When did E.J. Dionne switch from being and uber-leftist?
    @CYDdharta ah got, that's code for never. Continue to scream against the wind...
    @Coveny In all likelihood you are correct, these investigations appear to be a complete waste of time that will never uncover anything worth prosecuting Trump over.
    @CYDdharta you are correct, you will never change your mind even if he is convicted, or leaves right before he gets impeached.
    @Coveny ...and you, sir, have already convicted him in your mind, even though there is no evidence he committed a crime.
    @CYDdharta... I see plenty of evidence to impeach him by his own words, no further "investigation" needed. 

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bal-robert-b-reich-a-roadmap-to-the-end-of-trump-s-presidency-20170516-story.html
    Robert Reich?!?  :D :D :D Clinton's labor secretary and economic advisor to Obama, that Robert Reich?!?  :D :D :D

Sean Hannitysays there's no evidence of collusion; Oh wait, it isn't Hannity saying it, its a bunch of Democrats saying it;

http://www.hannity.com/articles/election-493995/watch-heres-a-montage-of-democrats-15852024/

@CYDdharta I'm talking about obstruction of justice has been proven not collusion with Russia. You have refuted the earlier argument, not the current one... 
    @Coveny Obstruction of justice of what???  An investigation that never should have been initiated in the first place???  This is pure partisan politics, there was never a basis for the investigation.  It was invented by the opposition.  You must see the danger, because it won't stop here.
    @CYDdharta I see the danger of a president obstructing justices... yes ... yes I do. No one should be above the law.
    @Coveny Really?!?  You actually feel that way?!?

@CYDdharta which part of that is shocking to you? (I even numbered them to make it easier)

1 Obstructing justice is against the law and bad
    2 The president of the US shouldn't obstruct justice
    3 The president is not about the law
    @Coveny ...so you believe Obama should be in court for obstructing the House investigation of Fast and Furious, among other things...
    @CYDdharta red herring much? What does Obama have to do with any of this? AND you pick the black president? Why not bring up the Bushes, or Bill, or even Reagan? Not that it's germane to this discussion but the list of politicians I want to see in jail is NOT a short one...
    @Coveny LOL; call red herring and bring up Obama's race :D :D :D  You're always good for a laugh.

Obama was the one who politicized the DOJ and sent them after a political rival over a Russian collusion case they couldn't even make successfully to a FISA judge, with a 99.97% success rate.
    @CYDdharta ok first off who cares what Obama did, that's NOT what we are discussing... so it's a red herring. Secondly for DECADES presidents have been obstructing justice but you picked Obama as your example? Racist much? It becomes more and more clear why your a Trumpster. 
    @Coveny ; Obama sicked the DOJ on Trump over false and ridiculous claims of collusion with Russia; that's exactly what we're talking about.  Second, i couldn't give a rat's about Obama's race, he was just a really crappy leftist president.  Oh yeah, to the radical leftists that somehow makes me a racist.
    @CYDdharta I get you don't like the black guy, now tell me about the other presidents that obstructed justice. 
    @Coveny I get that you're a racist, you're obsessed with the color of Obama's skin, but what other president was charged solely with obstructing justice?
    @CYDdharta Obama wasn't charged solely with obstructing justice, Obama wasn't charged at all. But I can see how a racist would have trouble looking past the color of his skin to Clinton  who actually was charged with obstructing justice. Or maybe if you didn't want to go that far back you could look at Bush and lewis. (who was convicted) Now it wasn't Bush directly BUT did commute Lewis's sentence, and that sure seems like Lewis took the fall for Bush to me. Or maybe you prefer the other Bush? Might want to look into the car bombing of Chilean Foreign Minister Orlando Letelier on that count. Reagan had what 3 or 4 of his people convicted of obstruction of justice? And yet you CHOSE the black guy, and can't seem to think of anyone else... but the black guy. No you aren't racist at ALL...
    @Coveny Thank you for recognizing and admitting that I'm not at all racist, now the next step is to admit that you are a racist. 

Trump wasn't charged with obstruction, Reagan wasn't charged with obstruction, neither Bush was charged with obstruction.  In fact, the only person you named who was charged with obstruction was Slick Willie, and he was also charged and found guilty of perjury.  Leftists still say his impeachment was illegitimate and he was acquitted in Congress of all charges.  I can't compare Trump to Slick Willie because Slick Willie actually was guilty.
    @CYDdharta was Obama charged with obstruction? Did I miss that? No... no he wasn't was he, but he's the one YOU chose to use... you know the black guy. Almost like you have a problem with black people, and you care more about making Obama look bad than you do about the facts that Trump is guilt. Your whole mentality makes a lot more sense now.
    @Coveny Again with the race.  I guess that's why people like you are called racists.

It's early; Obama's minions still hold too many positions of power in the DOJ, but his influence is waning.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/20/next-up-a-special-counsel-to-probe-team-obamas-obstruction-of-justice/