frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Dinosaurs are a children's fairy tale

Debate Information

Evolution pushers would have us believe that life started from a slime and, against astronomical odds gave birth to millions of different species changing into great lizards, a worldwide disaster killed off all of them, so we could never see them. Then, start the farfetched evolution process A SECOND TIME. If you honestly believe a single miner, farmer, ditch digger, foundation layer, etc. should never have found a dinosaur by now, you are gullible. Fairies, unicorns, Sandy clause, a spherical earth, your living in fantasy land. Only a pseudoscientist would look at a few old bones or teeth and dream up the likes of a T-Rex or the like.
kmelkevolution17dropoutEvidenceaarongmedldriddle12northsouthkoreaquarislander507natbaronsand 10 others.
  1. Live Poll

Dinosaurs are real?

38 votes
    1. I've never found one
      26.32%
    2. They have bones!
      73.68%
Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat, have you been to museums of natural history in cities like NYC?  They have excavated bones and restored really comprehensive exhibits. Are you suggesting that all of that is fake and part of a conspiracy theory?  Given your position on earth being flat, that wouldn't be that far fetched <span>:smiley:</span>
    WhyTrumpriddle12SilverishGoldNovaPogueanonymousdebaterEmeryPearson
    Live Long and Prosper
  • kmelkevolution17kmelkevolution17 95 Pts   -  
    There we are many dinasour fossils found by multiple archaeologists.
    WhyTrumpEvidenceErfisflatSilverishGoldNovaEmeryPearsonNathaniel_B
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    When you go to a museum and see a dinosaur, you're looking at reshaped elephant bones and plaster. Try to touch one next time. A brontosaurus would've had to eat 90 hours a day. Not a typo. Not a single dinosaur bone has been accidentally found.
    EvidenceEmeryPearsonAgility_DudeNathaniel_B
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    It doesn't seem even the least bit weird that ONLY people with vested interest (archaeologists and museum curators) have found these fossils?
    dropoutEvidenceEmeryPearsonAgility_Dudewith_all_humility

Wayne Dyer
  • dropoutdropout 39 Pts   -  
    I disagree with @Erfisflat . That is a great point, but  It's like astronomers finding new universe research. They are trained for it and it's hard to find. Normal people are trained to find fossils and there aren't many out here due to events and natural occurring events etc. There are reasons additionally such as them being deep not outside or at least in most cases if not all cases etc.
    EmeryPearsonTheShaun
    Critically examining the T-Rex, is it plausible to claim this deformed looking creature was at the top of the food chain back then? I beg to differ.
    EmeryPearsonAgility_Dude

Wayne Dyer
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Evolution pushers would have us believe that life started from a slime and, against astronomical odds gave birth to millions of different species changing into great lizards, a worldwide disaster killed off all of them, so we could never see them. Then, start the farfetched evolution process A SECOND TIME. If you honestly believe a single miner, farmer, ditch digger, foundation layer, etc. should never have found a dinosaur by now, you are gullible. Fairies, unicorns, Sandy clause, a spherical earth, your living in fantasy land. Only a pseudoscientist would look at a few old bones or teeth and dream up the likes of a T-Rex or the like.

I agree, I just believed they were real because, .. well you know, .. scientists told us so, and scientists should know, who am I to question theses people with degrees, and all them credentials, right? Like the Globe-Earth, just because the earth looks flat from every possible perspective don't mean it is, what they told us.
    ErfisflatEmeryPearsonwith_all_humility
    If something is taught as fact to children, before they can develop even the first critical thought, it must be re-examined. This is evidence of indoctrination. Unless we can personally and empirically verify this "fact" , it's validity should be skeptically challenged. This is the very meaning of science. Falsifiability. No falsifiability, no progress.
    LogicEvidenceBaconToesEmeryPearsonwith_all_humilityApplesauce

Wayne Dyer
    How did dinosaurs procreate with those huge tails? Could you imagine a stegosaurus in the missionary position?
    LogicEmeryPearsonApplesauce

Wayne Dyer
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    Amazing points made my Erf here, I'm not sure about them not existing, But i'm open to the idea.  I mean, The odds of the single cell arriving are 10 to the 254th power, Which is practically  impossible, The fact that this should have happened TWICE is insane.
    ErfisflatEmeryPearson
    Erfisflat said:
    How did dinosaurs procreate with those huge tails? Could you imagine a stegosaurus in the missionary position?

Lol, .. yeah, I never thought about that either!? I watched so many alien movies that none of that even mattered. Now come to think of it, how DID them squid looking aliens build
    those awesome space ships, .. far, far more advanced then ours, .. where our own human space ships could ever compete with!?
    I guess this is how they brainwashed us, like the Aliens movies, you see the ships they built? So maybe them Dinosaurs made out something like this?

Improvised?
    medldErfisflatCuriousGeorgeislander507BaconToesEmeryPearsonwith_all_humility
  • medldmedld 10 Pts   -  
    I agree with @evidence .
    ErfisflatEmeryPearson
    EmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
  • northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 221 Pts   -  
    No, There is much evidence of dinosaurs existing at some point as well as physical evidence which as fossils which you are wocome o see in some museums across the world or at least the United States of America.
    ErfisflatEmeryPearsonAgility_Dude
    No, There is much evidence of dinosaurs existing at some point as well as physical evidence which as fossils which you are wocome o see in some museums across the world or at least the United States of America.
    Next time you go to a dinosaur museum, talk to the janitor, or any truthful person that works there. It's not real, whale bones, plaster casts, not even the teeth are real. Most of them will tell you the "real" bones are locked up in the back. How did dinosaurs procreate? 
    EmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
    Actually look at the exhibit next time with a critical eye. You know how much a fossilized t-Rex skull weighs? Have any knowledge in physics and what it would take to prop that thing up? Cmon.
    quarEmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
  • quarquar 5 Pts   -  
    I agree with @erisflat .
    ErfisflatEmeryPearson
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat, okay I buy it...random people from every corner of the World conspired to "find" fake bones, create major museum exhibits in many large cities, publish research, get specialized degrees, etc.  All of that was done for some random purpose of tricking us that Dinos used to exist.  
    What would even be a purpose of such a massive conspiracy? 
    We cannot definitively prove some things, like Dinosaurs existing, unless we can go back in time, but common..the evidence is overwhelming here.

@Evidence, I enjoyed the video 
    EmeryPearson
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited June 2017
    @Erfisflat, okay I buy it...random people from every corner of the World conspired to "find" fake bones, create major museum exhibits in many large cities, publish research, get specialized degrees, etc.  All of that was done for some random purpose of tricking us that Dinos used to exist.  
    What would even be a purpose of such a massive conspiracy? 
    We cannot definitively prove some things, like Dinosaurs existing, unless we can go back in time, but common..the evidence is overwhelming here.

@Evidence, I enjoyed the video 
    When you say random people, I don't think you know what that means. I've covered this. I'm not going to claim that giants didn't exist, or even giant lizards, by they certainly weren't possible as the official story tells us. Have you heard of the bone wars? What about dinosaur procreation? The whole thing is ridiculous.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_Wars
    EmeryPearsonAgility_Dude

Wayne Dyer
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat, that is a good point about bone wars, and surely something like that will likely lead to some level of corruption.  That said, it's not a proof that ALL fossils are fake after so much scrutiny by the scientific community.  
    @islander507 archaeologists are under contract to produce results. Can't find any bones? Lose your funding. They aren't even really tested, a bone that was "found" is only compared to previously known bones. China is pumping out dinosaur bones by the hundreds.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-fake-fossils-pervert-paleontology-excerpt/

As I said, I don't doubt that there were large animals in the past, so how easy would it be to alter those fossils to favor one that was previously found and altered?
    EmeryPearsonAgility_Dude

Wayne Dyer
  • SuperSith89SuperSith89 170 Pts   -  
    Seeing as you believe in creation, the Bible mentions leviathans.  I could get the verses for you, but I somewhat agree with you.  Being somewhat in the bible though, I have to say they did exist.  They just didn't evolve or die off from a meteor or ice age.  Just a flood.  
    @SuperSith89

My point is that dinosaurs didn't exist as we were told as fact. Leviathon could be used to describe any large animal, even an elephant. Are those mentioned in the Bible?  It also mentions giants, the firmament and the flat, stationary earth, you're not really speaking up about those, just sayin.
    natbaronsEmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
  • natbaronsnatbarons 133 Pts   -  
    @erfisflat , of course they believed the earth was flat back then, because they didn't have the technology to discover the real round earth. U until Columbus they believed the Earth was flat. Also, curved water is possible, there is something called gravity. Dinosaur fossils are find with special equipment in many cases there fore average people can't go out and find them especially without know how to find them. All of your points are not scientifically accurate and the same goes for the Earth being flat and diansours not exsisting. Maybe some scientific theories aren't accurate, but these are just scientific fundamentals which are basically confirmed at this time of society.
    @natbarons
    For flat earth discussions, please see the active debate, Earth is flat. You'll see I've already discussed gravity, curved water, and circumnavigation. 

"Dinosaur fossils are find with special equipment in many cases there fore average people can't go out and find them especially without know how to find them. "

How "scientifically accurate" of you. Please ellaborate.

"but these are just scientific fundamentals which are basically confirmed at this time of society."

I haven't confirmed any of it, neither have most of society. When you've found and tested some good old dinosaur bones yourself, (and not in one of those quarries, or little sand pits where they're planted) then it will be officially empirically confirmed. Or when you've been to space and seen earth as a ball, that can be empirically confirmed.
    randalEmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
  • randalrandal 67 Pts   -  
    I agree with @Erfisflat . The fossils would require more effort to bring them in and assemble the dinosaurs there.
    Erfisflat
  • FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    What isn't fake or made up?
    Why do some people always desire to deceive others?
    One thing we know for sure is that the whole god, bible and religion thing is one big made up load of nonsense.
    So what's the answer then?
    EmeryPearson
    @Fredsnephew

I mean, I've given conclusive evidence for a flat, stationary earth, covered with a dome. To me, that kinda takes a steamy sh!t on big bangism, evolution, and all that nonsense. To me that puts us in a very special and unique place, doesn't it? That is the great deception in the Bible. I believe religion is nonsense,  but theism does not equal religion. 
    EmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
  • melanielustmelanielust 285 Pts   -  
    It's not "just a few bones," it's entire skeletons. Even if it was made up, why would anyone make it up? It seems pointless. Why would anyone bother to draft all of those thousands of pages of details confirmed by top scientists in the world? For fun? People make their careers studying dinosaurs and being archaeologists. It's not NEARLY as simple as "I've never seen it so it can't exist."
    EmeryPearsonAgility_Dude
    @melanielust

I agree, which I why I ellaborated, maybe if you had read more than just the OP and poll question...
    EmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
     "I've never seen it so it can't exist."

Sounds like an atheist's entire argument against God 
    EmeryPearsonAgility_Dude

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat.
    Please elaborate.
    Who are the deceivers?
    Why do they need to deceive?
    And by the way. Who constructed the flat earth and the dome?
    What material was used to fabricate the dome?
    Whereabouts can one see the base of the dome?
    Because at some point the dome by definition and necessity, must come into contact with the flat earth.
    I would very much like to see the dome for myself.
    I look forward to receiving some positive feedback regarding these issues.
    EmeryPearson
    @Fredsnephew
    I think that belongs in either the space is fake debate, or earth is flat debate
    EmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
    You referred to the flat earth and it's dome in your previous reply.
    So I felt it was ok to continue in the same vein.
    I think my questions are relative to most of your debates.

See if you can answer just this one question.

What benefit do the deceivers derive from their deceptions?
    You referred to the flat earth and it's dome in your previous reply.
    So I felt it was ok to continue in the same vein.
    I think my questions are relative to most of your debates.

See if you can answer just this one question.

What benefit do the deceivers derive from their deceptions?
    Who would want to hide a flat, geocentric earth with a dome?

Wayne Dyer
    R
    SilverishGoldNovaEvidenceEmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat Their are cases of accidental dinosaur bones findings. So you don't know how something happened. That does nothing to prove dinosaurs did not exists. You can say I personally can't prove they did but you have yet to provide conclusive evidence that they did not. 
    Apologetics. Gotta love em. Especially ones with bad grammar.
    EmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    R

Through osmosis silly! Natural selection, ..

Or, they hook up their tails like so:

ErfisflatFascismEmeryPearson
    "Their are cases of accidental dinosaur bones findings."

Unsupported claim. If they exist, they are very few.

"you have yet to provide conclusive evidence that they did not."

Opinion. Guaranteed those eight people that voted affirmative to the resolution once believed in dinosaurs and the evidence here was conclusive enough for them.
    @nope
    EmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat You just said their is no accidental dinosaur bone findings which is an unsupported claim. Here are sources showing accidental discovery.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/06/dinosaur-nodosaur-fossil-discovery/

Rare Triceratops Fossil Discovered at Construction Site - Latest Stories

@evidence ;
    You think that "dinosaurs" may have roamed the earth before the flood?
    EmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
  • GooberryGooberry 608 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat
    You've made a big deal of claiming that dinosaur species are ever found accidentally by members of the public. You've said it several times in this thread.

You've also made a big deal of saying that positions must be falsifiable:

Does that mean if I produce examples of large fossiles being found accidentally, that falsifies your argument?
    EmeryPearson
  • GrenacheGrenache 65 Pts   -  
    Pfft, yes, get real.  How could dinosaurs possibly have as much credibility as the leviathan, or giants, or the behemoth, or nephilim, all in the Bible?  I mean, giant fossil remains can't possibly be more convincing than stories passed down by Bronze Age shephards.
    EmeryPearson
    Gooberry said:
    @Erfisflat
    You've made a big deal of claiming that dinosaur species are ever found accidentally by members of the public. You've said it several times in this thread.

Does that mean if I produce examples of large fossiles being found accidentally, that falsifies your argument?
    Not at all, it wouldn't be out of the question for a curator or paleontologist to help a family member or friend by molding a bone and planting it, fabricating the story. Not with all the rest of the evidence here. What are there like 5? Countable on two hands?
    EmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:
    @Erfisflat

Not at all, it wouldn't be out of the question for a curator or paleontologist to help a family member or friend by molding a bone and planting it, fabricating the story. Not with all the rest of the evidence here. What are there like 5? Countable on two hands?
    So you're making claims that x hasn't ever happened, and automatically rejecting any evidence that it has out of hand before you've seen it?

I thought you are a scientist? Scientists don't reject evidence before they've seen it.
    EmeryPearson
    As ever.

What is the purpose of the deception?
    EmeryPearson
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    Arguements against evolution here seem to largely be arguments from incredulity (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_fallacy) which is a logically fallacious form of argument.

Also people can commonly find fossils if they make the effort so that claim is patently false. It's a common cheap holiday for people in the UK to visit the Jurassic Coast around Lyme Regis which, as well as being by the seaside, has a high preponderance of fossils. I went when I was a child and found myself a trilobite fossil (an extinct arthropod rather than a dinosaur, but the same logic applies) and so have hundreds of thousands of other British people and tourists.
    EmeryPearson
  • MedicMedic 178 Pts   -  
    lol imagine using personal incredulity as an argument against actual science
    EmeryPearson

Under a system of perfectly free commerce, each country naturally devotes its capital and labour to such employments as are most beneficial to each. This pursuit of individual advantage is admirably connected with the universal good of the whole. By stimulating industry, by regarding ingenuity, and by using most efficaciously the peculiar powers bestowed by nature, it distributes labour most effectively and most economically.

- David Ricardo

I’m actually interested in the psychology of people who genuinely think that a substantial fraction of history or science is outright fabricated, is the issue pathological? Physiological? Or anthropological?

I’d be particularly interested if there is any link to Cannabis. Anecdotally 100% of the conspiracy theorists I know IRL are heavy smokers; and we know that there is a causal link between weed use and paranoia.

EmeryPearsonAgility_DudeErfisflat