frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Which new reaction should DebateIsland add?

Debate Information

in addition to existing reactions DebateIsland already has like "agree", "funny", etc. - we would like to know what additional reaction should we add. Please provide us your feedback by eod Sunday.
aarongErfisflatLogicsocialmedia_an2831marijuansZombieguy1987
  1. Live Poll

New Reaction

16 votes
    1. fist bump
      50.00%
    2. High Five
      18.75%
    3. Other
      31.25%
DebateIsland.com Official Account | The Best Online Debate Experience!

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    I think a surprised button would be nice, and an option for science topic debates.
    DebateIslandJaguar
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    Maybe like a emoji that looks like it's thinking. 
    ErfisflatDebateIslandJaguar
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    Train derailing emoji??
    ErfisflatDebateIslandJaguar
  • quarquar 5 Pts   -  
    I like the high five.
    ErfisflatDebateIsland
    Regardless which is chosen, the idea is great. I could see a lot of different emojis popping up soon, and I'd love it. Admin (s) is doing a good job with this site! Keep up the great work!
    islander507DebateIsland
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    If Debateisland.com is moving towards formal debating as I've heard before then maybe we should add some critical reactions.  We could add a "Logical fallacy" reaction in which users can designate an argument or retort as invalid.  We could also have an "Irrelevant" reaction to indicate that the retort or argument is off topic and unrelated to the debate at hand.
    aarongErfisflatislander507DebateIslandJaguar
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• billpassedbillpassed 146 Pts   -  
    I like the first bump.
    islander507DebateIsland
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    I think we need to add a method to identify and label "Flame" posts.  I'm talking about debate topics and comments that can be identified as attempts to fan the flames on issues like Racism.  I think Racism needs to be debated, issues of Racial discrimination need to be discussed and they're just as legitimate as any other topic if not more so than most...but fanning the flames in an attempt to create or spread the idea that something is Racist or discriminatory when it's clearly not needs to be chastised heavily.
    aarongDebateIsland
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @Vaulk, I like the fist bump. I also like @Vaulk's idea of identifying logical fallacies, such as flames and Ad hominem attacks.
    because there are too many to list as a reaction each, I suggest to just include "Fallacy" - short and sweet as a catch all for various flavors.  The person giving the reaction may optionally choose to elaborate.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies
    ErfisflatVaulkDebateIsland
    Live Long and Prosper
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    @agsr, Boom!  I'd high five your post if I could ;)
    ErfisflatagsrDebateIsland

• DebateIslandDebateIsland 62 Pts   -  
    Thank you all for great feedback! Fist bump wins, and also great suggestion of "fallacy" by Vaulk.  We just added both.  Fist Bump to each of you! 
    DebateIsland.com
    VaulkagsrErfisflatSilverishGoldNova
    DebateIsland.com Official Account | The Best Online Debate Experience!
    Love the updates! I'd have to say, this beats my former debate sight tenfold!
    aarongSilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer