frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Celebration around pride month

Debate Information

June is pride month for the LGBT+ community. There will be a lot of celebrations, like parades in major cities. What do you think about that? Is it getting excessive, or does it not matter?
joecavalry
  1. Live Poll

What do you think about celebrating pride this month

12 votes
    1. Getting excessive
      41.67%
    2. Doesn't matter
      58.33%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    Like most minority groups who gained their independence, LGBT is celebrating tneir freedom.  I respect their right to celebrate.  
    melanielust
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    They should be proud of the rights to celebrate, unlike many countries that stil oppress LGBT.  I say let them do that, and that's what great about our country. These celebrations are normaly peaceful.
    melanielustagsr
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    No issues.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    There are many issues sorounding LGTBQ pride month celebrations including disturbing others and peace.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • melanielustmelanielust 285 Pts   -  
    @joecavalry

Could you give any examples?
  • eric_the_warlorderic_the_warlord 26 Pts   -  
    I don't think the celebrations around pride month are getting excessive. The LGBT+ community has a right to celebrate, I don't like the fact that homophobes are getting in their face about it. Do straight homophobes (anybody can be homophobic regardless of sexuality, gender, race, etc.) realize that they don't have to worry about losing their rights for being different? Don't they ever realize that they didn't have to fight to have the right to get married? If the LGBT+ community wants to celebrate, I suggest we let them do so. There isn't a straight pride month, anybody who is straight should be glad they don't need one. They don't have to worry about losing their job, not getting married, or even being killed. Think back to the nightclub shooting in Florida last year where about 50 members of the community died. That's just one example.
    melanielust