frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

If I support Trump, am I a closet Racist?

Debate Information

Why so many polls predicted that Hillary Clinton will win, and then the ballots showed something very different? Is it because voters were afraid to tell anyone that they support Trump and his politically incorrect views? Were voters too afraid to tell anyone at work, collegues, etc that they support Trump not to be percieved as a racist? Does it make more than half of the country racists? Speak your true voice on DebateIsland.com, and tell us what you really think. Unless of course you are a racist and used your real name as user id, in which case you may want to tell us that you support Hillary and ex-Obama administration.
DebateIslandagsrRam_Rancher_18
  1. Live Poll

Are Trump supporters racists

84 votes
    1. Yes
      19.05%
    2. No
      75.00%
    3. I support Hillary and ex-Obama administration, and user my real name as user id on this site
        5.95%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    If being racist means protecting american way of life and wanting to have middle class Americans achieve American Dream, then yes, I think so.
    ElDubbaDubzTHEDENIERGeorge_HorseZombieguy1987
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    Yes, that explains the polls vs ballots phenomenon. The fact is that Trump is targeting muslims and that in my opinion is racist.
    THEDENIER
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    I respectfully disagree with comments from Ale5 and inc4r. I support President Trump and I am not a racist. Trumps actions regarding immigration are not targetting a specific race or religion. It is targetting a specific list of high risk countries that happen to be in a certain region of the word. Trump's actions regarding Mexico are not racist either. It is addressing the issue of illegal immigration. The fact is that we have illegal immigrants of all races, and therefore I do not believe that it is a racist issue, but protectionist. Many of us are either immigrants ourselves, or first generation americans. We know what it means to work hard and be privilliged to be part of this country.
    When issue of protectionism and racist gets intertwined we start making incorrect assumptions that Trump's supporters are racists.
  • They are not, the supporters want to make America Great Again not full of drugs.
    THEDENIER
  • Trump supporters are not closet racists to any extent. As the other debater said, they want to make America great again. Not many want illegal immigrants, Terorists, drugs, weapons pouring into the country. If this continues to happen it may be to late to make America the way it once was.
  • Trump supporters are racist.
    George_HorseZombieguy1987
  • Trump supporters want to ban muslims and Mexicans due to stereotypes. That's racist.
    amarieGeorge_HorseZombieguy1987
  • No, they are not racists to any extent.
  • I believe that they are bot racists.
  • No, you are not.
    kakakksa_1911, It is not about banning muslims and Mexicans based on stereotypes, but based on the fact of not turning blind eye to illegal immigration, citing examples how at the same time there is sufficient evidence how that is causing harm to our country. In the case of Muslims, it is more about specific measures against specific 7 countries that happen to be mostly Muslim, but where Trump believes (with sufficient evidence) that they harbor terrorists that otherwise sould flow into our country. Protectionist policy is often consufed with racism, but we need to look at the facts please.
  • No, they are not.
  • lakix_10291lakix_10291 2 Pts   -  
    Yes, Trump supporters are racists.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Thats an interesting and highly controversial debate. I don't agree that Trump supporters are generally racists, but it is true that many will share Trump's views that are normally considered as politically incorrect. I agree with islander507 re confusion on racism vs protectionist policies. That is a fine line though and will remain a gray area.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • Trump supporters are not closet racists. Trump supporters may be much more educated than Clinton supporters and the protesters. Trump is trying to make America great again, people like you are trying to bring in illegal immigrants as well as Terorists. You probably don't even have a high school degree, like your fellow protestors and Clinton supporters.
    Zombieguy1987
  • Trump supporters are not racist.
    George_Horse
  • lakix_10291lakix_10291 2 Pts   -  
    Well, lansilo_user19 your comments are absolutely not backed up with any sort of evidence and simply full of "what trump says." I have a Masters in Business, probably unlike you and some Trump supporters. I am not a protester, and frankly part of the Republican Party. Due to the level Trump is at, I don't support him. Although, it was great Debating with you!

Also, DebateIsland.com is the best debate website ever, it is literally amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It going to tell all of my fiends and colleagues.
    Lancilo_user19,
    I agree with your points regarding overall position, but lets not make direct accusations targeting lakix_10291 levels of education.
    I do think that Trump supporters are not trying to keep away immigrants because of their race, and would feel the same way if these illegal or dangerous immigrants would be all white. So I reinforce my position that Trump supporters are not racists.
  • I do not agree, Trump supporters are racist in some ways.
  • No, Trump supporters want to make America great again.

Trump supporters are not racist.

You are making a good point that we should respect your view, and I completely agree re your comment about DebateIsland.com - it rocks.
    I do think that you are making too general of an argument also that Trump supporters are racists. I simply disagree with that point. Many Trump supporters are not against people of other races, but just have a protectionist view - very different

• laksk_1091laksk_1091 2 Pts   -  
    null
    As islander507 said, they are nit racist.
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    Great turnout for this debate. 65% disagree that Trump supporters are racists.
    Good debate, and I concur with majority that Trump supported are generally not racists.
  • Yes, Trump supporters are. Their beliefs are extremely controversial and simply racist to a very high level.
  • No, they are not racists.
  • akdo_akdo1akdo_akdo1 2 Pts   -  
    No, and if anything you wouldn't be a Closet racist but an upfront one.
  • No, Trump supporters are not racists to any extent.
    George_Horse
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    All of you Trump supporters who say that You are not racists: lets be honest, it is clearly targeting muslims. Maybe it makes you feel better about yourselves that you are not racists, but if you turn off the lights and no one is watching, you can admit it to yourself. I believe bulk of Trump supporters are in fact racists whether they admit it or not publically to themselves. Just being honest...
    Reven851SuperSith89
    - Walt Disney
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Ale5, thank you for expressing your point of view but imho that is a bit harsh. Supporting protectionism is different than racism
    Reven851
    Live Long and Prosper
  • No.
  • Yes, although a clear to see racist.
  • konrastyukonrastyu 2 Pts   -  
    No, his supporters are not.
  • ammsi_19291ammsi_19291 2 Pts   -  
    No, they are not racist.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    69% of voters on this poll said no. So far it looks like that's the majority.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    Agsr, Lets get it straight 69% of biased trump supporters say they are not racists.  I think that this poll is not statistically significant since the sample is not a random sample, as people clearly self-selected to reply to this post.  The fact is, it represents discrimination based om race, religion, and stereotypes.  In my book, and wikipedia, that is the definition of racism.  
    - Walt Disney
  • bnyjstock1bnyjstock1 18 Pts   -  
    Most people have some level of racism. And many try to deny it. It exists because of the way we were raised or the personal experiences we've had. Trump has made it okay to express these feelings. I prefer to repress them and hope for change. 
    cheesycheese
  • Trump supporters are not racist.
    George_Horse
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Excellent point by bnyjstock1. Repression of feelings is always an option, and hoping for the best is better than eternal depression.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    Seems that most agree that it is racist. The debate seem to focus on whether people admit it to themselves or not, like bnyjstock1 pointed out.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Whether it is repressed or not the majority in this poll voted as no.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • That's an extremely controversial debate. Are Trump supporters racist? Well, that could be debated or answered from different views. 
    Stand points:
    Illegal Immigrant- yes, they are racist.

black American- yes, they are racist. Hillary was better than him, but Obama was much better than both of them.

Other Black American- Obama didn't do much for African Americans, Hillary is as "good" as Trump is.

White American (Working Class/ Middle Class)-
    Trump will make American Great again.

Elderly White American- 
    Trump will restore American to how it was in the old days.

Legal Immigrant- 
    Yes, he may be good.

Upperclass American-
    Yes, He will be good for America and my wealth.

Other Upperclass American-
    No, he will be bad for my company.

So, I believe that everybody has a different perspective. For me, I think trump supporters are not racists.

• ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    That is a good point - Trump stands for different things for different people. Making America great again, has a different definition of great to everyone.  I still think that he represents views that are racist, but not saying whether each supporter agrees to think of themselves that way
    - Walt Disney
  • No, they are not closet racists rather bit racists at all. They want to make their country great again.
    cheesycheese
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    This poll is very interesting, but it is even more interesting to read the comments. Clear vote though that most disagree.  I am curious how this vote would play out if we separate it by trump supporters vs anti-Trump folks.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • akki_3939akki_3939 2 Pts   -  
    No, Teump supporters have different views than some others.
    cheesycheese
  • pojg_3993pojg_3993 2 Pts   -  
     No, Trump supporters are not.
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    There seem to be more Trump supporters here, but still 26% agreed on this poll that Trump supporters are racists.  Given the fact that most people wouldn't admit it to themselves or even more so publically about being a racist, I'd say there is a really strong support for this argument.
    cheesycheese
    - Walt Disney
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    To me it is clear as night and day, Most Trump supporters are absolutely racists.  Covering up as nationalists, that is how Hitler started too.  Trump stands for racism, and the reason he got support is because of many Americans don't want to accept diversity.  They finally have a president who makes that okay for them to accept themselves for who they are -racists.  Atleast some have courage to be upfront about it, and some admit it to themselves.  Go ahead ask yourself - are you a racist? Only you can judge yourself. I agree with you ale5.
    Zombieguy1987cheesycheese
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  

I'd say the opposite is true.  Racist groups like Black Lives Matter and The Race (La Raza) were huge supporters of Hillary Clinton and the Democrats. 

George_HorseDrCerealZombieguy1987