frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

We should celebrate iPhone 10th birthday as it transformed our society

Debate Information

IPhone had transformed our society and is a transformational accomplishment. I will argue that since it's 10 year birthday, it had more impact in a short period of time than any other invention in the history of the World. It's birthday on June29th, should be celebrated.

http://www.newsweek.com/steve-jobs-apple-and-social-anxiety-iphones-birthday-nothing-celebrate-630416

STEVE JOBS, APPLE AND SOCIAL ANXIETY: THE IPHONE'S BIRTHDAY IS NOTHING TO CELEBRATE

EmeryPearson
  1. Live Poll

Should we celebrate iphone birthday?

5 votes
    1. Yes. We should celebrate iPhone 10th birthday as it transformed our society
      20.00%
    2. Nope, just another gadget
      80.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    I think that would be a first to celebrate technology Birthday literaly.  But, it i a great reflection point to what such seemingly sinple technology accomplished.
    Erfisflat
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    I mean, if we're talking about one of the most prestigious honors ever, a national holiday, I'd ha've to politely disagree. Then again, Columbus, who was responsible for the genocide of the Native Americans, and never even landed in America gets his own holiday, so.
    SilverishGoldNova
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    No, the iPhone was simply the integration of various technologies originally designed for military purposes into a single device.  As such, it would be more fitting to celebrate DARPA and the industry it represents.  I found this article on this iPhone to be interesting;

https://geopoliticalfutures.com/irony-high-tech/

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    I think the invention of the smart phone was a detriment to society. 
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer