frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Fox news: too biased or refreshing?

Debate Information

Fox News is one of the few outspokenly conservative media outlets...as a journalist I condemn them for their bias, but as a conservative I have to admit it is refreshing to hear different opinions when liberalism has such control over the mainstream media. What do you guys think?
joecavalrycomey_testify

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    CNN is the polar opposite of conservative news outlet Fox News. They are obviously right wing journalists, no doubt about it.
    comey_testifySonofason
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • comey_testifycomey_testify 54 Pts   -  
    It is very refreshing.
    SonofasonEmeryPearson
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @comey_testify, I agree that it is refreshing ...it is a "feel good" channel for conservatives.  
    SonofasonEmeryPearson
    Live Long and Prosper
  • RodinonRodinon 67 Pts   -  
    There's no such thing as unbiased.  If you didn't care about the news, you'd never get into journalism.  I've said for years:  FOX isn't all that fair and balanced.  They ARE the balance.  "Oh no!  Someone is reporting from a point of view no one else is that half the country agrees with!  This is terrible!"
    EmeryPearson
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    I browse Fox News headlines and top stories every now and then, along with New York Times, to see the currently popular narratives in both parts of the mostly-dual American political system. I find them to be comparable in how biased they are, albeit in slightly different ways.

Fox News tends to feature more sensationalist headlines, present their stories in a more casual way with few sources and references, feature more opinion pieces in their news and overall present a more rugged narrative with regular barely covered logical fallacies.

New York Times comes across as more professional, with calm and to-the-point headlines (albeit very explicit in their bias), their writing style is more official and usually is linked to real data, and they try to keep opinions in a separate column from the news. However, they also offer countless logical fallacies and unverifiable claims - and their style appears more pretentious, similarly dishonest at the core.

Ultimately, both Fox News and New York Times are very poor places to obtain impartial information from. They are great for the people who do not like to face views they disagree with and who want to remain in their convenient echo-shell - but I would not recommend their usage to anyone who is serious about learning what is happening in the world.
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    My general rule of thumb is that if the news source is on cable television with a 24 hour news cycle, then it's biased and a poor source of news. Aggravating to me because I know there are plenty of people on both sides who solely rely on one of these news outlets.