frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Is CNN really FNN (Fake News Network)?

Debate Information

I am a frequent viewer of the left side news network CNN. After the latest secret recording/s and the fake Russia story coming out against CNN, are they really FNN as Trump claims them to be?

randalmelefnorthsouthkorealove2debatejoecavalrySilverishGoldNova
  1. Live Poll

CNN or FNN?

17 votes
    1. CNN
      52.94%
    2. FNN
      47.06%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• randalrandal 67 Pts   -  
    No, CNN's political correspondent was in fact referring to a different point of the story. Also, as he said last night on CNN, the video I highly edited.
  • melefmelef 69 Pts   -  
    Trump tweeted another post, which is something I'd deeply agreed with. 

These anchors and hosts are forced by their networks to be against the president, and not for him. Their position may not be what it forced upon them, but rather the polar opposite of it and that may be due to the pressure.
  • Yes, Trump is correct in that regard, in our debate tournaments, if we use CNN as a source we will never hear the end of it. That also applies to its Republican counterpart Fox news. 
    CuriousGeorgenorthsouthkorea
    This account is dead, my political opinions have changed significantly and I'm no longer active.
  • CuriousGeorgeCuriousGeorge 109 Pts   -  
    @SnakesOfferingApples, i agree that cnn is fnn.  Curious, which networks or media sources are allowed at your debate tournaments?
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    @SnakesOfferingApples, glad you acknowledge that foxnews is just as "fake" as cnn.  I agree that some cnn coverage is too leftist, but disagree to call the entire network as fake.
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • SnakesOfferingApplesSnakesOfferingApples 121 Pts   -   edited July 2017
    @CuriousGeorge Anything with indisputable credibility and honesty. Also preferably sources that acknowledge their bias, and put it aside for the sake of facts, because nobody is truly impartial.

EDIT - I've used this site, apparently they are a non-profit research organization.

http://www.pewresearch.org/about/ ;

northsouthkorea
    This account is dead, my political opinions have changed significantly and I'm no longer active.
  • northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 221 Pts   -  
    A news network like CNN only converts the same story which is obstruction which ember occurred and Russia.
  • averyaproaveryapro 150 Pts   -  
    I think that it is CNN because they are digging deep for real information regarding to politics and the corespondents and I mean all news channels whether it be Fox News or any other news station it's the media and the 21st century: not the greatest combination. Obviously they are all going to make things up because they are trying to exaggerate beyond need be and that's just what the media has come to with politics.
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Basic rule of thumb, if it's on the television, it's bulls!t.
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • melanielustmelanielust 285 Pts   -  
    They are by no means fake news, but they are RIDICULOUSLY biased and come off as clickbait. I wouldn't call it news at all; they do a terrible job of reporting.
    agsr
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited July 2017
    CNN faking news. 

I'm wondering how long it's going to take the majority to realize it's all staged.
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    Just because someone disagrees with CNN for attacking Trump, doesn't mean Trump the right to call them fake news overall.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
    "We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false." William Casey, CIA director 
    SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    FNN - they make it their business to feed against Trump . Thats how they attract viewers
  • SonofasonSonofason 448 Pts   -  
    It doesn't matter if CNN is fake news or not.  I believe CNN is fake news.  Dirt was exposed on the scum bag Hilary Clinton, and all CNN can do is freak out that someone hacked the DNC.  I don't care who hacks who so long as the dirt is uncovered.  I hope the Russians keep on hacking, and exposing liars like her who corrupt our government.  I welcome all governments to hack our elections whenever possible, so long as the filth of the democratic party is exposed.  It would be a blessing for the United States to be rid of them once and for all.
    Erfisflat
  • GooberryGooberry 608 Pts   -  
    CNN are senationalist, and tend to have a left wing editorial.

That doesn't make them fake.

The only real people who claim CNN is "Fake News" is trump and his supporters. This is a way of trying to de-legitimize the press, and CNN. The Mainstream media present news stories indicating that Trump and his team are repeatedly lying about many things: most specifically almost anything regarding Russia. As Trump and his administration seem unable to present a narrative, intelligent response or explanation for their actions, their only option is to make the people that support him not beleive them.

ale5joecavalryPogue
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -   edited July 2017
    @Gooberry CNN needs to understand that they are effecting the credibility and reputation of the United States and it's Commander In Chief. Trump is not embarrassing the nation as they claim, but the fake news like FNN is.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • SonofasonSonofason 448 Pts   -  
    @Gooberry CNN needs to understand that they are effecting the credibility and reputation of the United States and it's Commander In Chief. Trump is not embarrassing the nation as they claim, but the fake news like FNN is.
    I agree.  I'd go a step further and imprison all the democrats that are colluding against The United States and President Trump.  It's treason, pure and simple.
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited July 2017
    If you think about it, every outlet is FNN, and CNN is definitely no exception. Also in the news, Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia
    Erfisflat
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    If you think about it, every outlet is FNN, and CNN is definitely no exception. Also in the news, Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia Russia

Propaganda  

Wayne Dyer
  • @ale5

"Just because someone disagrees with CNN for attacking Trump, doesn't mean Trump the right to call them fake news overall."  

Yeah, but bias correlates to misconstruing fact and statistics, and that's what makes CNN "fake"

Bias ---> Misconstruing Facts ----> Lying 
    There's a reason why bias completely delegitimizes an argument, because a biased argument, is most likely a argument.
    DawnBringerRiven
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited September 2017
    @ale5 CNN isnt fake news for attacking Trump. They have been caught faking protests, rescues, etc and have been talking nonstop about Russia since November last year.
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)