frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Space is fake

2»

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    With technology advancing more and more everyday, NASA has abandoned the vomit comet to fake feeds from the ISS. Virtual reality is making it easier to fake zero-g, and pretty soon, eagle eyed skeptics won't be able to spot the harnesses and glitches. Unless your looking at it now, you may never know. It's an important time in history,  which is why I'm doing this, to wake you from your slumber before it's too late. Augmented virtual reality is here.

Evidence
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited June 2017
    Telemetrics virtual reality sources:
    http://www.telemetricsinc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39:splashmedia-&itemid=54

http://www.telemetricsinc.com/case-studies/johnson-space-center

http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=42888

NASA's VR camera malfunction shows guy in the background with his wire harness unsuccessfully edited out, hand going through a hat, and VR object camera malfunction causes guy on the left to handle invisible object.

Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat ; With technology advancing more and more everyday, NASA has abandoned the vomit comet to fake feeds from the ISS. Virtual reality is making it easier to fake zero-g, and pretty soon, eagle eyed skeptics won't be able to spot the harnesses and glitches. Unless your looking at it now, you may never know. It's an important time in history,  which is why I'm doing this, to wake you from your slumber before it's too late. Augmented virtual reality is here.

2 Corinthians 4 (whole chapter)

The videos you've shown here my friend is a vision into how God created us:

.. 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

God is Infinite and Eternal, real.
    His creation is made up, just like the video games we make.
    The difference is that God gave of Himself into the game character Adam that he created (Genesis 2:7), so instead of controlling the game-character like we do through a wire or remote, Adam becomes an individual with his own free will.

So first, God created similar to our computer language whom He called; "the Word" (funny how we have the 'Microsoft Word' program, right?)
    15 He (the Word) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.

So you see, all creation, what we call reality and existence, is not real, only God is real, and we are of God, in other words, the spirit in our body is God;

Psalm 82:
    5 They do not know, nor do they understand;
    They walk about in darkness;
    All the foundations of the earth are unstable
    6 I said, “You are gods,
    And all of you are children of the Most High.
    7 But you shall die like men,
    And fall like one of the princes.”

Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods”’?

.. because the Spirit/breath of God is what gives this created body life.

1 Corinthians 15:39  All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of animals, another of fish, and another of birds.

40 There are also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

So just like in our computer gaming world where we can pick different, or upgraded bodies, God (the Almighty Creator/Programmer) will give us New upgraded bodies that will not be subject to the elements, .. wear out and die, but with that we shall live forever.

I mean to have come to this age/stage in History where we can now better understand both our Infinite and Eternal Creator, AND how He created everything, .. to me is far, far more precious than all this future V.R. and A.I. they are trying to amuse us by. It's oine thing to learn from this, but another to be deceived by it.

Just think, a New body in a New Heaven VS. A.I. in a Virtual Reality Game that disappears as soon as the power goes out!
    Erfisflat
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  

'Fireworks' Images from Hubble Telescope Capture Stars Forming Just After the Big Bang

https://www.space.com/37425-hubble-fireworks-early-stars-photo.html

@Erfisflat, fake news?
    Erfisflat
    Live Long and Prosper
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    @agsr

Hubble is a work of science fiction. 

Wayne Dyer
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat
    "Combustion is impossible without an oxygenated medium."
    Combustion is impossible without oxygen. They bring the oxygen with them. It is that simple.

"A positive pressure system is required for propulsion. Cars push off the ground, boats push off the water, and planes push off the air. You can't push off a vacuum."
    Newtons third law. 

"A positive pressure system can't exist next to a negative pressure system without a physical barrier. (Light bulbs, canned air, etc)"
    The pressure decrees the farther from earth you get. It does not soddenly change from high to low pressure. That would be silly.

"Oh and there is always empirical evidence. Like this ultra zoomed "star"."
    Choosing to not trust some sources and trusting random videos. I see no reason this is a reliable source.
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    the rocket is not pushing against space but against itself. @Erfisflat
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat
    Combustion is impossible without an oxygenated medium.

Any vessel which needs to combust in space carries an oxidiser alongside its fuel supply.

A positive pressure system is required for propulsion. Cars push off the ground, boats push off the water, and planes push off the air. You can't push off a vacuum.

Spacefaring vessels don't push off space, they push off the ground, which carries them into space. Try learning Newton's first law.

• maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -   edited January 2023
    actually what he is saying, is that in space there is nothing to "push" against/ However nothing is needed for the thrust alone pushes against the rocket @Nomenclature
    @maxx
    actually what he is saying, is that in space there is nothing to "push" against

Stop talking Maxx. You disagreed with him until you noticed that I'd also disagreed with him. Once an object is in motion in space it doesn't need to push against anything because Newton's first law ensures that it keeps moving. 

• maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -   edited January 2023
    . i never even bothered looking at the replies. I just read his topic and answered him. what the hel is your problem anyway little man
    @Nomenclature
    @maxx
     i never even bothered looking at the replies.

Ordinarily I'd find that completely believable, but unfortunately you literally replied to my reply.

• maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    yes i did, however if you would look above your reply to him you will find mine before yours.  @Nomenclature
    @maxx
    yes i did, however if you would look above your reply to him you will find mine before yours

That's exactly why I wrote:-

You disagreed with him until you noticed that I'd also disagreed with him. 

When you saw my post you decided you wanted an argument.

• maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    again, i simply scrolled through old topics and saw the post and answered without reading the replies. I could care less what you believe, @Nomenclature
    @maxx
    again, i simply scrolled through old topics and saw the post and answered without reading the replies.

I'm unsure exactly what your malfunction is Maxx, but you disagreed with the OP at 7.42 pm, I disagreed with the OP at 7.56 pm, and then at 8.19 pm you started an argument with me. 

• maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    i never started no argument.in essence iwas agreeing with you.  i said in clarification of what the poster meant and said it is possible for rockets to propel in space,, now why do you not run along.  you are the one starting an argument, not me.@Nomenclature
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: No, space is not fake.

Space is the vast, three-dimensional expanse that contains all of the matter and energy in the universe, including planets, stars, galaxies, and other forms of matter and energy. The existence of space has been proven through various scientific observations and experiments, such as those conducted by astronomers and cosmologists. Additionally, space travel and exploration have been successfully accomplished by various nations and private companies, providing further evidence of the reality of space.
  • @Erfisflat
    1. Combustion is impossible without an oxygenated medium.
    It is not impossible to mix oxygen into solid and liquid fuel.
  • @Erfisflat
    We know the sun produces the first ray of light, so where is this (bow shaped) reflective surface? The sun............is round....
    @John_C_87

Space is real. John_C_87 is fake. 
  • @Nomenclature
    John_C_87 would be a pen name..........