frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

FBI Director James Comey proof that Trump is corrupt?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• CovenyCoveny 419 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta the only president you have a problem with is the black one... how is that not about racism? You adamantly stand behind Trump and scream "NO PROOF!!"", but you have already convicted Obama and his "minions". On top of that this is a debate about TRUMP, and you bring up Obama to use as a Relative Privation fallacy. 

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    @Coveny Nope, I'm not a racit like you.  I haven't convicted Obama yet, but there is certainly more evidence of illegal activities and Obama's abusing the power of the office than there is for anything Trump has done.  He should certainly should get the same treatment that Trump is getting.
    @CYDdharta haha, whatever you need to tell yourself.
    Trump money laundering for the Russians, why does that not surprise me?

"A former senior official said Mr. Mueller’s investigation was looking at money laundering by Trump associates. The suspicion is that any cooperation with Russian officials would most likely have been in exchange for some kind of financial payoff, and that there would have been an effort to hide the payments, probably by routing them through offshore banking centers." 
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/us/politics/mueller-trump-special-counsel-investigation.html
  • SonofasonSonofason 448 Pts   -  
    WhyTrump said:
    @CYDdharta, I disagree.  Of course there is no proof yet, that's the whole point.  We may never find out just how close he got, but no matter what it is wring to fire someone who is investigating you.  Just not right.
    Employers have every right to fire people that suck at their jobs.
    I guess if I begin an investigation into my boss, he'll never be able to fire me.  What a wondrous pile of dung.
    Sonofason said:
    I guess if I begin an investigation into my boss, he'll never be able to fire me.  What a wondrous pile of dung.
    Is your boss the most powerful man in this country who is supposed to be held to a higher standard than the rest of us? Or what you just things worked the same with the president as they did with your manager at quickmart? Speaking of piles of dung...
    Coveny said:
    Sonofason said:
    Is your boss the most powerful man in this country who is supposed to be held to a higher standard than the rest of us? Or what you just things worked the same with the president as they did with your manager at quickmart? Speaking of piles of dung...
    Whether or not the President of the United States should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us is a very subjective matter of opinion.  Perhaps you think it's okay for a president to intimidate his staff into giving him BJ's, but it's not okay for a president to talk trash about women, or to mention what he'd like to do with women.  It's purely subjective.  I think it's possible that a guy who likes to intimidate girls in order to get BJ's can run the country well enough.  I think a guy who'd like to grab a girl by the butt just might be able to run a country too.  Look, I am not the president.  I am not running to be the president, and so I'm going to have to lower my standards and choose someone less perfect than I.  Until I decide to run myself, I'm going to have to make the best choice I can given the very bad choices I have.
    @Sonofason The president of the united states should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us, this is not a matter an opinion, or subjective. 

I don’t think it’s acceptable for the President to do any of that stuff, and more, but I will agree that what the standard is, is subjective.

You may be willing to take whatever is given, that doesn’t mean the rest of us have to. Some of us would like to see this country move to a better place in education, innovation, medicine, caring, compassion, and a whole host of other things we keep falling further and further behind in. We’d also like to see the increase in corruption, oligarchy, wealth inequality, military industrial complex, and a whole host of other things stop, and decline.
    Coveny said:
    @Sonofason The president of the united states should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us, this is not a matter an opinion, or subjective. 

I don’t think it’s acceptable for the President to do any of that stuff, and more, but I will agree that what the standard is, is subjective.

You may be willing to take whatever is given, that doesn’t mean the rest of us have to. Some of us would like to see this country move to a better place in education, innovation, medicine, caring, compassion, and a whole host of other things we keep falling further and further behind in. We’d also like to see the increase in corruption, oligarchy, wealth inequality, military industrial complex, and a whole host of other things stop, and decline.
    Then it seems to me you need a true Christian as your leader, someone like Christ.
    Sonofason said:
    Coveny said:

Then it seems to me you need a true Christian as your leader, someone like Christ.
    It seems to me you can't talk about a topic without getting religious because that's all you understand.
    Coveny said:
    Sonofason said:
    Coveny said:

It seems to me you can't talk about a topic without getting religious because that's all you understand.
    Thanks for noticing that I put God first, but I assure you I understand a great deal more than you seem willing to acknowledge at the present time.  Maybe in time you will give some credit, where credit is due.  Or perhaps you won't.  Considering your statement here, I will assume the latter, but perhaps I might be pleasantly surprised.
    Coveny said:
    Sonofason said:
       It's funny that you'd suddenly start worrying about that now;

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/12/obama-fires-americorps-inspector-general-scandal.html

CYDdharta said:
    Coveny said:
    Sonofason said:
       It's funny that you'd suddenly start worrying about that now;

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/12/obama-fires-americorps-inspector-general-scandal.html

I knew Comey should have been fired the moment I heard his excuses for not inditing Hilary Clinton for her crimes.
    @Sonofason I give credit where credit is due, and yahweh deserves the same credit Santa Clause does. Maybe in time you will give some credit, where credit is due.  Or perhaps you won't.  Considering your statement here, I will assume the latter, but perhaps I might be pleasantly surprised.
    @CYDdharta and you are still talking about the black guy rather than debating the topic at hand. You seem to think he's the only one who's done anything bad, and you also seem to think I'm defending him. Neither of which is true. I have an issue with DECADES of presidents, you only have a problem with the black one, they have a word for that...
    @Coveny ...and you're still talking about race, I guess that's just what racists do.  As for "the topic at hand", in case you haven't been paying attention, that fell apart weeks ago during Comey's testimony to Congress, and in the things that have come to light subsequently.
    @CYDdharta "things that have come to light subsequently" you mean like the new team investigating Trump for obstruction of justice? Comey's testimony didn't clear Trump, somehow it seems like both sides saw Comey's testimony as the smoking gun supporting their case. Personally I think it was pretty vague.
    @Coveny I mean like Comey sharing classified information to be disseminated to the press.
    @CYDdharta you misspelled Trump.
    @Coveny You aren't keeping up with current events.
    @CYDdharta same broken record.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -   edited July 2017
    @Coveny You're still uninformed, I see.
    @CYDdharta how would you know in that echo chamber?
    @Coveny Yeah, the Hill, not ;

President Trump revealed highly classified intelligence information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador while meeting with them last week at the White House, The Washington Post reported Monday.

Current and former U.S. officials told the Post that Trump relayed information from a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

@CYDdharta hackers are everywhere! 

@Coveny So are people who don't read the articles they post;

President Trump revealed highly classified intelligence information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador while meeting with them last week at the White House, The Washington Post reported Monday.

Current and former U.S. officials told the Post that Trump relayed information from a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

@CYDdharta It's still an article from the Hill, I didn't post an article from the washington post. Please try to stay focused...

I did however notice that you didn't refute your boy Trump leaking classified information, you just started this red herring of he said, she said. Very telling.
    @Coveny You may as well have posted the WaPo article.  This isn't a Hill story, it's Hill coverage of a WaPo story.

As for me refuting it, I don't have to, no less than three people who were in the meeting have already done that

The story that came out tonight as reported is false. The president and the foreign minister reviewed a range of common threats to our two countries, including threats to civil aviation. At no time, at no time, were intelligence sources or methods discussed. And the president did not disclose any military operations that were not already publicly known. Two other senior officials who were present, including the Secretary of the State, remember the meeting the same way and have said so. Their on the record accounts should outweigh anonymous sources. I was in the room. It didn’t happen.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said, “During President Trump’s meeting with Foreign Minister Lavrov a broad range of subjects were discussed among which were common efforts and threats regarding counter-terrorism. During that exchange the nature of specific threats were discussed, but they did not discuss sources, methods, or military operations.”

Dina Powell, deputy national security advisor for strategy, was also in the meeting. She said, “This story is false. The president only discussed the common threats that both countries faced.”
    http://thefederalist.com/2017/05/16/tips-for-reading-washington-post-stories-about-trump-based-on-anonymous-leaks/

@CYDdharta it's cool how the post hacked the Hill and put an article on their site.

As far as the leak. He didn't say anything about laptop bombs are then got on twitter and told the world he could say whatever he wanted to say? (I could go find those tweets if you like)
    @Coveny What are you going on about?
    @CYDdharta the stuff you deny.
    @Coveny If you have a point, feel free to make it
    @CYDdharta I've made my points. Even did it with the same site you trust. Talked about "current" stuff and you have to ask "what I'm going on about". No real need to continue, but it feels like you are playing "I get the last word in".
    @Coveny Oh, that's it?!?  I thought you had something pertinent to add.  As for the Hill, they're hardly an organization I trust.  They're left-wing, but not as far to the left as most in the MSM.
    @CYDdharta I see trust when they support your confirmation bias... gotcha.
    @Coveny When even the opposition has to agree with you...
    @CYDdharta you are the opposition, and your sources agree with me. So I already have that.
    @Coveny You aren't even addressing the topic at hand anymore.  What does a discredited story about a meeting between Trump and Lavrov have to do with Comey?  He was already fired when the meeting took place.
    @CYDdharta the topic is about Trumps corruption...
    @Coveny Vis-à-vis Comey.  Once again; what does a discredited story about a meeting between Trump and Lavrov have to do with Comey?  He was already fired when the meeting took place.
    @CYDdharta what does giving classified information to the Russians have to do with the Russians fixing the election for him? I guess nothing. hehe
    @Coveny Since it didn't happen, I guess we'll never know
    CYDdharta said:
    @Coveny What are you going on about?
    I guess if you don't know about it... it didn't happen.
    @Coveny Nobody knows about it.
    haha

SilverishGoldNova
    Even senior Obama White House advisors have to admit it;

The Russia thing is just a big nothing burger

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/28/cnns-van-jones-calls-russia-story-nothing-burger-l/

Coveny said:
    @CYDdharta and you are still talking about the black guy rather than debating the topic at hand. You seem to think he's the only one who's done anything bad, and you also seem to think I'm defending him. Neither of which is true. I have an issue with DECADES of presidents, you only have a problem with the black one, they have a word for that...
    No, I had a huge problem with the white woman who wanted to succeed the black one.  She was corrupt, and more so than the black guy in my honest opinion.  I'm not a racist, and I'm not a bigot.  I hate corruption, and prefer honesty and truth.  Obama was honest in my opinion, though I didn't agree with him on just about every thing.  But that white woman is evil to the core.