frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The earth is flat

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  

The world's longest trans-oceanic bridge extends across the Hangzhou Bay to over 35.673 kilometres (22 miles) would have to correct for 322 feet of curvature. 
    Evidence
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • 1Hacker01Hacker0 91 Pts   -   edited August 2017
    @Erfisflat You still haven't argued against my main argument: "There are many other sources other than NASA. I could just say all of your evidence is fabrication." I could simply say those pictures you put are photo shopped. Here is a picture of Earth from a Russian satellite. If this picture is fabricated, then I could say the same to yours.

Also please reply to my question: "And what is causing the sun to go in a spiraling movement?"
    Coveny
  • 1Hacker01Hacker0 91 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat Long range sniping slightly takes into affect the curvature of the Earth, and Coriolis affect as well, proving the Earth rotates.

https://loadoutroom.com/thearmsguide/external-ballistics-the-coriolis-effect-6-theory-section/

I can't find good sources for the curvature when sniping. Sorry about that. You can disregard that point.
    Coveny
  • CovenyCoveny 419 Pts   -  
    @Coveny ;
    "just keep it to yourself if you want me to leave you alone."

Eh, I was really questioning if I should bother responding to a guy who uses constant cherry picking, strawman and ad hominem attacks anyway.  
    I get this whole baselessly accuse the other guy of things before they get a chance to accuse you of them mentality, it was a great defense mechanism in what 8th grade or so?
    1Hacker0SilverishGoldNova
    Erfisflat said:

You are right much less that an 18th of the worlds surface, good point using the globe as a reference.

Yup yup. They took small images of a round object, flattened those images, and made them a big round image. At 2:00 we took 4 months of pictures and turned it into 1 picture. So ya ZERO admission to fake pictures. Try again without the blinders.
    @SilverishGoldNova You gave me a fallacy on one of my arguments. can you explain to me what fallacy it was?
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    After watching this, I just about lost hope in humanity. These are top scientists and even a NASA Astronaut, and just listen to how he talks about the attitude of NASA towards what he feels is the greatest proofs, evidences of life on Mars! The Mars photos:

Not once (unless I missed it?) not once did any of them mention, or even hint on that these NASA-Mars pictures "may have been taken on earth", .. even the obvious writing on time 27:03, they talk as if NASA should run there and pick up those poor English speaking Martians ASAP!

Now I understand why no one takes interest in my definition and evidence of God, .. like these scientists/Astronauts in the video, how could they focus on what I'd be telling them? I mean they are ready to go to Mars for Pete sakes, this is far more serious than I could have ever imagined!

Now I understand @Coveny a little bit more, up till this video, I thought he was just b.s'ing us, or just denying the Flat Earth because he want's to remain an atheist, or afraid to acknowledge that this world has a Creator because the idea of God, and being accountable for his actions frightens him? But now, .. I really believe he believes in the whole BB-Evolution fairytale!

Less than a year ago @Erfisflat showed me one video that I actually took the time to watch before I laugh him off like the rest of us Globetards have in the past, .. just one and I stopped in my tracks. Now look at these guys in the video, .. truly frightening isn't it? I wonder what these poor guys would do after watching all the Flat Earth proofs on YouTube, .. I could imagine after so many years of schooling from the best collages, then working for NASA and even planning to go to Mars themselves, after seeing all the evidence, the lies, .. I could honestly see them take a gun to their heads!?
    SilverishGoldNovaErfisflat
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -  
    @1Hacker0 I think instead of just saying it's fake, why not explain why it's "fake" or "propaganda" like we have with NASA imagery, without muttering " nuh uh clouds"? Also I would still like an explaining to what the Russian Empire and WW2 have to do with a flat earth?
    1Hacker0Erfisflatfea
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    Coveny said:

Yup yup. They took small images of a round object, flattened those images, and made them a big round image. At 2:00 we took 4 months of pictures and turned it into 1 picture. So ya ZERO admission to fake pictures. Try again without the blinders.
    You truly are a genuine moron if you think they said that
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • AlwaysCorrectAlwaysCorrect 279 Pts   -  
    So how is the moon meant to work on a flat earth?

Like where does the light come from? Why doesn't it fall to Earth? Why doesn't it have massive changes in size as it moves across the sky if it's much closer and smaller than we think?
    1Hacker0
  • 1Hacker01Hacker0 91 Pts   -   edited August 2017
    @SilverishGoldNova You have only explained to me why NASA is fake. There are many other organizations which have picture evidence. I could give you a fallacy for that as well. The picture of Earth I posted is not from NASA. Also explain what type of fallacy it was. My WWII argument and Russian empire argument was refuted by your map.

Here are a couple of things I don't understand about the map however.

Image result for flat earth gif

lets look at it from a sideways perspective:

Image result for flat earth sideways view

Flat earth is only possible if the sun is 32 miles in diameter and 3000 miles away from the Earth's surface, due to the measurement of varying shadows. In this case, we should be able to see differences in size when looking at the sun throughout the day, but we don't. Why is that? Also, why in the world do we see sunsets? This model doesn't explain sunsets. The Sun never dips behind anything.

According to this model, the Sun should never go through a sunset, and just slowly fade away throughout the day as it goes further away. Nothing close to this happens.

Since the Earth is a circle, the heat is more diffused in the outside, since the heat there is dispersed unlike the inside. This means that the temperature should decrease at a faster rate when going outward from the equator than going inward from the equator. But there are no such reportings.

Please answer my question: "And what is causing the sun to go in a spiraling movement?"
    ErfisflatSilverishGoldNova
    @AlwaysCorrect
    "So how is the moon meant to work on a flat earth? 

There are several theories: hologram, reflection, it's just speculation because I can't get up there to verify anything but lunar waves...

And of course there is the difference in temperature (the moon emits a cooler temperature)

Brian Mullin Playlist all videos:

Like where does the light come from? Why doesn't it fall to Earth? Why doesn't it have massive changes in size as it moves across the sky if it's much closer and smaller than we think?"

All very good questions and the flat earth community is still searching for answers. I'm not as concerned about the moon, simply because regardless of it's composition, it's not a deciding factor on the shape of the earth since I myself have measured the lack of curvature where there should be several feet. Maybe @Evidence has more information about the firmament and it's lights?

Wayne Dyer
    Evidence said:
    After watching this, I just about lost hope in humanity. These are top scientists and even a NASA Astronaut, and just listen to how he talks about the attitude of NASA towards what he feels is the greatest proofs, evidences of life on Mars! The Mars photos:

Not once (unless I missed it?) not once did any of them mention, or even hint on that these NASA-Mars pictures "may have been taken on earth", .. even the obvious writing on time 27:03, they talk as if NASA should run there and pick up those poor English speaking Martians ASAP!

Now I understand why no one takes interest in my definition and evidence of God, .. like these scientists/Astronauts in the video, how could they focus on what I'd be telling them? I mean they are ready to go to Mars for Pete sakes, this is far more serious than I could have ever imagined!

Now I understand @Coveny a little bit more, up till this video, I thought he was just b.s'ing us, or just denying the Flat Earth because he want's to remain an atheist, or afraid to acknowledge that this world has a Creator because the idea of God, and being accountable for his actions frightens him? But now, .. I really believe he believes in the whole BB-Evolution fairytale!

Less than a year ago @Erfisflat showed me one video that I actually took the time to watch before I laugh him off like the rest of us Globetards have in the past, .. just one and I stopped in my tracks. Now look at these guys in the video, .. truly frightening isn't it? I wonder what these poor guys would do after watching all the Flat Earth proofs on YouTube, .. I could imagine after so many years of schooling from the best collages, then working for NASA and even planning to go to Mars themselves, after seeing all the evidence, the lies, .. I could honestly see them take a gun to their heads!?
    The more evidence that science produces to prove how reality works the further your fairy tale nonsense will be pushed back. Other countries that have gotten rid of this drivel are do SO much better, but sadly the USA won't changed in my lifetime even though the numbers keep dropping. The younger generations see your for what is and want no part of your thinly veiled hate. Good riddance I say.
    Erfisflat
    @1Hacker0 @SilverishGoldNova, I can take that if I need to, though most of it has been covered.

Wayne Dyer
  • AlwaysCorrectAlwaysCorrect 279 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    @AlwaysCorrect
    "So how is the moon meant to work on a flat earth? 

There are several theories: hologram, reflection, it's just speculation because I can't get up there to verify anything but lunar waves...

And of course there is the difference in temperature (the moon emits a cooler temperature)

Brian Mullin Playlist all videos:

Like where does the light come from? Why doesn't it fall to Earth? Why doesn't it have massive changes in size as it moves across the sky if it's much closer and smaller than we think?"

All very good questions and the flat earth community is still searching for answers. I'm not as concerned about the moon, simply because regardless of it's composition, it's not a deciding factor on the shape of the earth since I myself have measured the lack of curvature where there should be several feet. Maybe @Evidence has more information about the firmament and it's lights?

So your explanation is basically "I don't know, magic????".

Feel free to link me to the peer reviewed scientific journal where your study explaining your measurements and how they support your hypothesis have been published.
    Erfisflat
    @1Hacker0 Basically everything you just said has already been addressed, ill get back to that in a minute
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited August 2017
    @AlwaysCorrect
    "So your explanation is basically "I don't know, magic????"."

Who said magic? My explanation is I don't know, intelligent design. Not that it matters. The argument is a strawman. Just because I haven't decided on all the details of the full model, as I said, this does not disprove flat earth/water.

Wayne Dyer

SilverishGoldNovaWoodenWood

Wayne Dyer
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
     Or if your finally rebuttal is image quality, here we go.

Flat for sure, .. but what happened to the blue dome sky?
    What I mean is that when I look up, I see a blue dome over a flat earth. In a plane at 35,000 feet the same thing, so I sure would like to see this at night, to see how the stars follow the dome?
    Do you know what I mean?
    For anyone interested in joining a private discussion group for more flat earth discussion (free of moronic ridicule from idiots), feel free to pm me.
    SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    For anyone interested in joining a private discussion group for more flat earth discussion (free of moronic ridicule from idiots), feel free to pm me.
    More contradictions, a discussion group about flat earth can't exist without idiots like you.
    m_abusteitSilverishGoldNova
  • m_abusteitm_abusteit 101 Pts   -  
    @Coveny

I mean I would rather be in a group chat with flat-earthers than be in a group chat with atheist idiots who believe in magic and that the universe could just pop into existence from nothing and beat the inconceivable odds of 1 in 10^10^123 based on Only ONE situations (https://arxiv.org/abs/1112.4647http://www.discovery.org/f/11011http://www.reasons.org/articles/fine-tuning-for-life-in-the-universe +  https://www.discovery.org/a/91) when the ENTIRE universe has only 10^82 atoms (https://www.universetoday.com/36302/atoms-in-the-universe/). 

You can go worship your atheist cult leaders now (Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Kim Jung-Un, etc.) and have faith that we evolved from a puddle of soup then from apes.
    SilverishGoldNova
    @Coveny

I mean I would rather be in a group chat with flat-earthers than be in a group chat with atheist idiots who believe in magic and that the universe could just pop into existence from nothing and beat the inconceivable odds of 1 in 10^10^123 based on Only ONE situations (https://arxiv.org/abs/1112.4647http://www.discovery.org/f/11011http://www.reasons.org/articles/fine-tuning-for-life-in-the-universe +  https://www.discovery.org/a/91) when the ENTIRE universe has only 10^82 atoms (https://www.universetoday.com/36302/atoms-in-the-universe/). 

You can go worship your atheist cult leaders now (Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Kim Jung-Un, etc.) and have faith that we evolved from a puddle of soup then from apes.
    5 out of the 6 in the group agree, he's either a troll or has the mind of a 6 year old. I'm glad we can include your opinion on the matter. Who cares, it'll give us some discussion (if and when he makes a valid point minus the fallacy). Most everything else can pretty much be dismissed and ignored. I feel a little sorry for him, looking at his avatar AND his argument, I have much pity. Most people are blessed with at least one good trait...

m_abusteit

Wayne Dyer
    Oh, the 6th hasn't responded yet

Wayne Dyer
    @m_abusteit Agreed, and I honestly can't tell if Coveny has the mind of a 4 year old, is a troll/secret flat earther or at entry level research.
    Erfisflatm_abusteit

• WoodenWoodWoodenWood 49 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat What evidence is there for a flat Earth besides a fantasy book about a sky monster?
    SilverishGoldNovaErfisflatCoveny
    Evidence said:
     Or if your finally rebuttal is image quality, here we go.

Flat for sure, .. but what happened to the blue dome sky?
    What I mean is that when I look up, I see a blue dome over a flat earth. In a plane at 35,000 feet the same thing, so I sure would like to see this at night, to see how the stars follow the dome?
    Do you know what I mean?
    The firmament is definitely a complex work of intelligent design.
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    @WoodenWood Ah, you're the type of globe Earther who thinks that all flat Earthers just scream "muh bible" all day. 
    ErfisflatWoodenWood

@Erfisflat What evidence is there for a flat Earth besides a fantasy book about a sky monster?
    Have I used bible verses as evidence here?
    SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
    @Coveny Mate, I'd rather be in a PM with flat Earthers than a guy who uses constant cherry picking and strawman fallacies, and when called out or runs out of basic, cliche answers turns to personal attacks
    WoodenWood

@SilverishGoldNova

Always Correct said some of the arguments I had in my argument including this one:

"Why doesn't it have massive changes in size as it moves across the sky if it's much closer and smaller than we think?"

Ertisflat's response to that was "All very good questions and the flat earth community is still searching for answers."

So if everything was addressed in my argument, then what about this argument which the ertisflat wasn't able to respond to?
    1Hacker0 said:
    @SilverishGoldNova

Always Correct said some of the arguments I had in my argument including this one:

"Why doesn't it have massive changes in size as it moves across the sky if it's much closer and smaller than we think?"

Ertisflat's response to that was "All very good questions and the flat earth community is still searching for answers."

So if everything was addressed in my argument, then what about this argument which the ertisflat wasn't able to respond to?
    He was speaking about the moon, coveny was schooled about the sun if you go back a bit more.

Wayne Dyer
    @Coveny

And this is an example of what they call the Dunning–Kruger effect. (much like this whole thread) So form up your echo chamber, and consolidate your where the rest of us don't have to see it.

Oh Hitler was a devote christian, and justified his killing in the name of yahweh. Stalin was raised by abusive theist parents and hated religion because of it. Kim Jong-Un thinks he's a god, so he believes in at least ONE god. I don't have faith in evolution, I have proof and evidence. (something you obviously don't understand)
    m_abusteit
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited August 2017
    @Coveny Alright can you show me the proof that we formed from a dissolving amino acid in the ocean before turning into fish, which turned into reptiles which turned into us? 

Erfisflat said:
    5 out of the 6 in the group agree, he's either a troll or has the mind of a 6 year old. I'm glad we can include your opinion on the matter. Who cares, it'll give us some discussion (if and when he makes a valid point minus the fallacy). Most everything else can pretty much be dismissed and ignored. I feel a little sorry for him, looking at his avatar AND his argument, I have much pity. Most people are blessed with at least one good trait...

Oh look bandwagon, ad hominem, blah, blah, blah. When I return fire though, you cry fowl like a baby. Or when your ideas don't get the attention you want you tag me to show you how they are . (like the devil's tower ) Oh wait you don't think I can debate but you tag me in another debate (like you tagged me to get me into this one) sounds like your actions say that you do respect me. ROFL, SO many contradictions, lies, and comes out of you.
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited September 2017
    @Coveny Here we go again with the "lol ur lul""

Erfisflat said:
    1. Globe earth proponents love the hundreds year old theoretical instances of so called proof. They cling to them like a story in the Bible. Errortosthanes was, quite frankly, an . 
    Erfisflat said:
    Yes.
    @Coveny Mate, I'd rather be in a PM with flat Earthers than a guy who uses constant cherry picking and strawman fallacies, and when called out or runs out of basic, cliche answers turns to personal attacks
    I do no such thing. You attack me, and I attacked back, then you cry like babies. You guys keep accusing me of strawman, but you can't prove/show it when pressed. You are selling s***, and I'm not buying.

SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
  • m_abusteitm_abusteit 101 Pts   -  
    @Coveny

I would have assumed that the only book that atheists read "Mein Kampf" should have educated you on Hitler's religion. Hitler's real name is adolf shuckelgruber which means he has jewish parents. In Meinkampf, he explictly says, that he will make up his religion to gain the support of the catholics. He literally said he will make the lie big until everyone believes it including idiots like you. He has been reported multiple times of sending jews to auschwitz, disabled catholics, just catholics, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_persecution_of_the_Catholic_Church_in_Poland

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/st.-teresa-benedicta-of-the-cross-on-gods-providence

You see what your shitty retarded we-came-from-soup-and-apes faith does ^^. 

"Stalin was raised by abusive theist parents and hated religion because of it."

So you admit Stalin was an extreme atheist who eradicated and butchered religion.

"Kim Jong-Un thinks he's a god, so he believes in at least ONE god." 

Facepalm. This is a shitty excuse tbh. Kim Jung butchers anybody in North Korea who says God exists.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Religion_and_Atheism_in_North_Korea

I like how you informally agreed and justified that Mao, Pol Pot and Enver Hoxha along with other retarded animals like you are ookay and were justified in the genocide. Your ideology is worse than ISIS.

"I have proof and evidence"

You do not. You seriously do not. All the "proofs" for evolution have been debunked in my most recent post.

You need to stop because you are just making an out of yourself. You are embarrasing yourself and showing everybody how much of an you are. 
    Erfisflat
    Ad hominem: when you substitute a personal attack in an argument for a rebuttal.

Talking smack: when you successfully rebut, then have a laugh at their expense.

Wayne Dyer
    @Coveny "I've never used strawman/cherry picking"

Oh really? You mean besides when you said Erfisflat was an anti-vaxxer, when you ignored the article I sent, bringing up quotes from trolls/shills and using that trying to refute our arguments with that, etc? 

Not to mention the times you flipped your conclusions 180 when it was convenient, and painted it as our actual arguments. 

@Coveny Even the admin agrees that your arguments consist entirely of insults and fallacies, yet again it only takes a child to see that they are just that.

SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:
    1. Globe earth proponents love the hundreds year old theoretical instances of so called proof. They cling to them like a story in the Bible. Errortosthanes was, quite frankly, an . 
    Erfisflat said:
    Yes.
    This isn't the bible being used as proof, this is just him referencing the bible
    Erfisflat

Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Yes.
    This isn't the bible being used as proof, this is just him referencing the bible
    He doesn't understand, I'm giving up on him.

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat Same here, I honestly think he might be a troll or a secret flat Earther, or just a desperate globetard who is stuck with insults and fallacies. 

SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:

I found a video from your leader.

SilverishGoldNova
This Debate has been closed.

DebateIsland.com

| The Best Online Debate Experience!
© 2023 DebateIsland.com, all rights reserved. DebateIsland.com | The Best Online Debate Experience! Debate topics you care about in a friendly and fun way. Come try us out now. We are totally free!

Contact us

customerservice@debateisland.com
Terms of Service

Get In Touch