frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Who is your favorite Star Trek captain

Debate Information

Everyone has their favorite StarTrek captain. Which one is your?
Who is your Favorite StarTrek captain
  1. Live Poll

favorite StarTrek captain

11 votes
    1. Kirk
      18.18%
    2. Picard
      45.45%
    3. Sisko
      18.18%
    4. Janeway
        9.09%
    5. Archer
        9.09%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Jean-Luc is my favorite. He is brave, decisive, and seems to be well balanced in his decisions. Sisko is my close second. He was put in a tough situation and has demostrated great leadership qualities.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • My favorite is sisco, he shows some simulate traits to the other captains as well as one of them, Picard.
  • I personally like Picard.
  • I like sisco more than the other captains, but by a very small margin. All of the captains are about equal to me.
  • aarongaarong User Profile DebateIsland Influencer Picture214 Pts   -  
    I like all of the captains equally. My favorite two would most likely be Sisko and Jean-Luc. All of the captains show simialar and different traits which makes them all different and good in their own and common ways. I agree with agsr. I agree with agsr.
    DebateIsland.com Founder/Administrator | Contact Me Via Private Messaging (aarong), Contact Support At customerservice@debateisland.com | Happy Debating! 
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Kirk would beat them al in a fistfight. 
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Kirk would beat them al in a fistfight. 
    He couldn't beat Janeway or Sisko.  Today's script writers would never let him beat a minority.
    Erfisflatagsr1Hacker0
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    I personally favor Kirk, he displayed the heaviest amount of Human qualities during the show.  Kirk wasn't perfect, almost always made the headstrong decision and then afterwards found a way to make it right.  Kirk was suave and charismatic but was also a stubborn asshole when he needed to be.  I suppose it's not really fair to compare but he also had the best crew and they all complimented his personality the best.
    Erfisflatagsr
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @Vaulk, Kirk's crew was arguably top notch, but I would say that Picard's crew was atleast as good. I would actually opt for Picard's crew. He had really strong and diverse support: Troy with her telepathic ability, Data can rival spock, Crusher was a great doctor although agree that not as great as McCoy.  
    Erfisflat
    Live Long and Prosper
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    @agsr, I agree that one of the most difficult decision in the Star Trek realm is whether Spock or Data is the best and you're right about Crusher...if they had a sports illustrated poster of her, it would've been on my wall.  In the end I guess we're back on topic about which captain was better though.  I prefer Kirk.  I'm not saying Picard is a ninny...but I doubt he could take Kirk 1v1, too old.  Kirk is more handsome than Picard and was certainly more popular with the ladies...I mean how many Star Trek fangirls do you know that wanted to Marry Picard lol.  If it were a choice of who's the better Captain then I'd say that Picard is better.  Kirk and Picard both had good leadership qualities but Kirk was a Solo kinda guy while Picard was notable for his mentoring and the way he assisted his crew with developing.  Picard definitely gets number one Captain rating.  Kirk's only my favorite because he was a badass.
    agsr
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

• love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    @Vaulk, I share your opinion on Kirk just being more charismatic than Picard while Picard is a better Captain. Since the debate was not who was a better captain, but who was a fav captain - you are right.  Agsr made great points too, but at the end of the day I side with vaulk on this.
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Speaking of, I'm getting rid of my star trek collection, don't believe in space anymore, anyone interesyed, pm me
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    aarong said:
    I like all of the captains equally. My favorite two would most likely be Sisko and Jean-Luc. All of the captains show simialar and different traits which makes them all different and good in their own and common ways. I agree with agsr. I agree with agsr.

How can you like all the captains equally and also have two favourites.
  • ChangeMyViewChangeMyView 61 Pts   -  
    I am surpirsed that Janeway didnt get too many votes of confidence on this debate.  Sne was the first women captain and a tralblazer.  The actress is also really talented and played Red in Orange is the New Black netflix series.
  • CuriousGeorgeCuriousGeorge 109 Pts   -  
    @ChangeMyView, I get it that Janeway was the first woman captain, BUT...imho the audience just didnt connect with her in thay role.  Sorry. Much better choices. Kirk is probably my top pick.
    ErfisflatSilverishGoldNova
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -  
    Picard
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    Erfisflat said:
    Speaking of, I'm getting rid of my star trek collection, don't believe in space anymore, anyone interesyed, pm me
    ill take your collection
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    aarong said:

magic

• VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova

aarong said:

magic
    Overruled.....I'll allow it.

~My name is Vaulk and I approve of this message~
    love2debate

Vaulk said:
    @SilverishGoldNova

aarong said:

magic
    Overruled.....I'll allow it.

~My name is Vaulk and I approve of this message~
    Umm. Potato
    ~My name is SilverishGoldNova and I approve of this message~