frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The moon landings were faked

Debate Information

Watch and learn.
northsouthkoreajoecavalryfeaBaconToes
  1. Live Poll

Were they?

20 votes
    1. Ye
      15.00%
    2. Nah
      85.00%
I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    The moon landing was not faked.

NASA put a lot of money and time into the moon landing and wouldn't fake that. Also, they left a flag on the moon which may be able to be found on the moon now.
    WoodenWoodnamemcnamenorthsouthkoreaSilverishGoldNovaErfisflatGhostyPogueRS_master
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    The moon landing was not faked.

NASA put a lot of money and time into the moon landing and wouldn't fake that. Also, they left a flag on the moon which may be able to be found on the moon now.
    "may be able to be found on the moon now."

False.

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/about-us/45-our-solar-system/the-moon/the-moon-landings/122-are-there-telescopes-that-can-see-the-flag-and-lunar-rover-on-the-moon-beginner
    WoodenWoodnamemcname
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • The moon landing was not faked.

The flag is actually most likely still in their hollywood basement.
    WoodenWoodErfisflatnamemcnameGhostyBaconToes
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • namemcnamenamemcname 88 Pts   -  
    What do you think they're doing with their money?
  • What do you think they're doing with their money?
    Thats pretty easy, they're using their money for better CGI.

Lol, zoom in and look at this piece of junk.

namemcname said:

They should have spared that thing another million. They made 300 million. Star Wars cost 13 million ten years later. 
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    Lol!

Wayne Dyer
  • Erfisflat said:

namemcname said:

They should have spared that thing another million. They made 300 million. Star Wars cost 13 million ten years later. 
     My guess is they glued aluminum foil to a bunch of pipes. 300 million? Loool, how.
    Evidencefea

• EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova said:  My guess is they glued aluminum foil to a bunch of pipes. 300 million? Loool, how.

I worked on the first Apache Helicopters, I know what "real" looks like, and that there is the work of some old Heating and Cooling plumber retiaries assembled in a Hollywood Basement. Oh wait, there is old McGregor now, putting the finishing touches, some gold foil he stole off of his wife's Christmas tree!

Wait, this picture can't be a moon shot photo NASA actually provided for us is it?
    Erfisflat
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:

namemcname said:

My guess is they glued aluminum foil to a bunch of pipes. 300 million? Loool, how.

Amen to that.

Here is my brief cost estimate to build this module:
    60 various sizes of aluminum sheets from the scrap yard = $475
    Rivet gun and rivets = $175
    Steel, aluminum and PVC pipes all various sizes from the scrap yard = $398.99
    Gold and silver wrapping foil and ribbons = $69.95
    20 gallon cooler $19.95
    16 packs of "Adult Diapers" (to make the space suit out of, and to wrap a 20 gallon cooler in for the space backpack) = $328.98
    1 pair fishing boots $32.95
    Welders glove (for the Astronaut look) $19.95
    Lots and lots of duct tape = $200
    1lb. of orange Tang mix = $14.95
    Go and start taping.

SilverishGoldNovaErfisflatfeaNathanAllen
  • Evidence said:
    Erfisflat said:

namemcname said:

Amen to that.

Here is my brief cost estimate to build this module:
    60 various sizes of aluminum sheets from the scrap yard = $475
    Rivet gun and rivets = $175
    Steel, aluminum and PVC pipes all various sizes from the scrap yard = $398.99
    Gold and silver wrapping foil and ribbons = $69.95
    20 gallon cooler $19.95
    16 packs of "Adult Diapers" (to make the space suit out of, and to wrap a 20 gallon cooler in for the space backpack) = $328.98
    1 pair fishing boots $32.95
    Welders glove (for the Astronaut look) $19.95
    Lots and lots of duct tape = $200
    1lb. of orange Tang mix = $14.95
    Go and start taping.

Howcast Presents:

How to make a lunar module.
    Erfisflatfea

• GhostyGhosty 60 Pts   -  
    Guys, there were thousands of people involved in the lunar launch. It is quite unlikely that every single person there kept a secret. Even with death threats, I think word would leak out. 
    SilverishGoldNovaErfisflatPogue
  • Ghosty said:
    Guys, there were thousands of people involved in the lunar launch. It is quite unlikely that every single person there kept a secret. Even with death threats, I think word would leak out. 

Erfisflatfea

• MedicMedic 178 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    if we're playing the fallacy game (which we shoudn't, because it's ) you're engaging in the fallacy fallacy https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy @SilverishGoldNova

GhostyBaconToes

Under a system of perfectly free commerce, each country naturally devotes its capital and labour to such employments as are most beneficial to each. This pursuit of individual advantage is admirably connected with the universal good of the whole. By stimulating industry, by regarding ingenuity, and by using most efficaciously the peculiar powers bestowed by nature, it distributes labour most effectively and most economically.

- David Ricardo

• SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    Medic said:
    if we're playing the fallacy game (which we shoudn't, because it's ) you're engaging in the fallacy fallacy https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy @SilverishGoldNova

The fallacy fallacy is implying that a claim is invalid because a fallacy was made. I was stating the argument was invalid. Theres a difference between simply pointing out a fallacy, and the fallacy fallacy.

Medic said:

Pointing out a fallacy is crucial to debating. A fallacy is an error in logic, similar to pointing out an error in mathematics.
    SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
  • MedicMedic 178 Pts   -  
    www.dailymotion.com/video/x2m7k1z

A little long, but this Mythbusters episode responds to all the claims in this repository of highly concentrated .

Under a system of perfectly free commerce, each country naturally devotes its capital and labour to such employments as are most beneficial to each. This pursuit of individual advantage is admirably connected with the universal good of the whole. By stimulating industry, by regarding ingenuity, and by using most efficaciously the peculiar powers bestowed by nature, it distributes labour most effectively and most economically.

- David Ricardo

Medic said:
    www.dailymotion.com/video/x2m7k1z

A little long, but this Mythbusters episode responds to all the claims in this repository of highly concentrated .
    Sum it up for us. I hate that show. They are phonies.
    Ghosty

Wayne Dyer
    @Medic
    It seems your most used arguments for anything is "I sawr it on TV!"

Wayne Dyer
  • MedicMedic 178 Pts   -  
    "Evidence that contradicts my worldview is phony"

- David Ricardo

• MedicMedic 178 Pts   -  
    >It seems your most used arguments for anything is "I sawr it on TV!"

Factually incorrect and intellectually dishonest. I know you're a conspiracy theorist and tend to ignore evidence that contradicts your view but come on.

- David Ricardo

But, but, muh mythbusters

Wayne Dyer
  • MedicMedic 178 Pts   -  
    But, but muh Photoshop

- David Ricardo

When have I provided any evidence involving Photoshop? I thought you were the one who presented NASA imagery as evidence.

@medic
    feaBaconToes

Wayne Dyer
  • GhostyGhosty 60 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    Look, the moon landings were not fake. Nobody that was involved in the moon landing said so. And all the technology used in the Apollo 11 rocket changed our technology. You have a phone or a laptop? Great. The moon landing was real. Look. 3,500 media people were at the Kennedy Space center, and the media is the whole cause of these conspiracy theories. Why don't you get a time machine and go back in time to the kennedy space center? You can't? Well then, you can't say the moon landing was fake too. 
    BaconToesPogueSilverishGoldNova
    Ghosty said:
    Look, the moon landings were not fake. Nobody that was involved in the moon landing said so. And all the technology used in the Apollo 11 rocket changed our technology. You have a phone or a laptop? Great. The moon landing was real. Look. 3,500 media people were at the Kennedy Space center, and the media is the whole cause of these conspiracy theories. Why don't you get a time machine and go back in time to the kennedy space center? You can't? Well then, you can't say the moon landing was fake too. 
    So, because a bunch of people saw a rocket take off, this is reason to believe they went to a fictional place 50 years ago, but it's impossible to do now?
    SilverishGoldNovaPogue

Wayne Dyer
    The existence of the vestibular system proves that man has never been to the moon.

Wayne Dyer
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat
    Multiple goverments said they independently picked up the moon landing including the Soviets. Watch this 

ErfisflatSilverishGoldNovaEvidence
    I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
  • BaconToesBaconToes 236 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    Pogue said:
    @Erfisflat
    Multiple goverments said they independently picked up the moon landing including the Soviets. Watch this 

"Sponsered by NASA"
    Please explain the video to us in words
    ErfisflatSilverishGoldNova
    i fart cows
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @BaconToes
    I'll just prove why the moon landing was real (if we can all agree the moon is real). They could not be faked because all the shadows from pictures when we were on the moon go parallel. If it was on a set the lines would diverge (in the video). We can make it now with computer imaging but, in the 1960's it didn't exist. Multiple governments said the independently picked it up. The Soviets also said they did this and they had every reason to disprove it. "It is often claimed that if the Lunar landings were real, we could see them from the Earth or the Hubble Telescope. Nope. Fact is they're just too far away. On the other hand, we can see the Lunar landing sites thanks to the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter." Also, "The Lunar landings have been spotted by China's Chang'e 2 lunar probe, the Indian Chandrayaan-1 probe, and various other independent (non NASA-funded) space agencies." Stars aren't there because the moon is very bright because it is reflecting sunlight. The flag-waving also makes sense because " No, there isn't any wind on the Moon - but there is momentum and intertia. The fabric of the flag was moved around while being set in position, and naturally waved as it was being set up. It also has a pole along the top to keep it in position - otherwise it would hang straight down." Finally, we left retroreflectors on the moon so today when a high powered laser at them, it bounces back.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/11-proofs-that-the-apollo-moon-landings-were-not-fake_uk_5971d821e4b00e4363decb38
    ErfisflatSilverishGoldNova

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
    SilverishGoldNovaPogue

Wayne Dyer
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    Pogue

And as far as "real" I don't doubt it is real, we all see that glowing light every night and some days. It is not a place though. Nobody has been to the moon because it's not a giant rock in outer space.

"They could not be faked because all the shadows from pictures when we were on the moon go parallel."

The shadows are inconclusive, many photos show divergent and convergent shadows. 

The argument doesn't hold water either way, this photo is from the sun here on earth, and they don't appear parallel.

I'm not sure what's in the OP video, but if the claim is that they shot it in a video (Stanley Kubrik coded a confession into "The Shining") why on earth would there be wind in the studio?

Finally, MIT and the soviets bounced high powered lasers off the moon before they even went, in 1962.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_experiment

@Pogue

Wayne Dyer
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Finally, MIT and the soviets bounced high powered lasers off the moon before they even went, in 1962.

@Pogue

Your source says that we went to the moon so you just disproved your entire argument. 
    "The first successful tests were carried out in 1962 when a team from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology succeeded in observing laser pulses reflected from the Moon's surface using a laser with a millisecond pulse length.[2] Similar measurements were obtained later the same year by a Soviet team at the Crimean Astrophysical Observatoryusing a Q-switched ruby laser.[3] Greater accuracy was achieved following the installation of a retroreflector array on July 21, 1969, by the crew of Apollo 11, and two more retroreflector arrays left by the Apollo 14 and Apollo 15 missions have also contributed to the experiment. Successful lunar laser range measurements to the retroreflectors were first reported by the 3.1 m telescope at Lick ObservatoryAir Force Cambridge Research Laboratories Lunar Ranging Observatory in Arizona, the Pic du Midi Observatory in France, the Tokyo Astronomical Observatory, and McDonald Observatory in Texas."

I friended myself! 
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  

1. Look at the rocks and the person. Those are parallel. 
    2. What are the arrows for? The picture shows nothing that can cast a shadow.

I friended myself! 
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:

@Pogue

Your source says that we went to the moon so you just disproved your entire argument. 
    "The first successful tests were carried out in 1962 when a team from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology succeeded in observing laser pulses reflected from the Moon's surface using a laser with a millisecond pulse length.[2] Similar measurements were obtained later the same year by a Soviet team at the Crimean Astrophysical Observatoryusing a Q-switched ruby laser.[3] Greater accuracy was achieved following the installation of a retroreflector array on July 21, 1969, by the crew of Apollo 11, and two more retroreflector arrays left by the Apollo 14 and Apollo 15 missions have also contributed to the experiment. Successful lunar laser range measurements to the retroreflectors were first reported by the 3.1 m telescope at Lick ObservatoryAir Force Cambridge Research Laboratories Lunar Ranging Observatory in Arizona, the Pic du Midi Observatory in France, the Tokyo Astronomical Observatory, and McDonald Observatory in Texas."
    Lol. The source says retroreflectors aren't needed to bounce lasers off the moon. Your point is refuted.
    PogueGhosty

Wayne Dyer
    Pogue said:

You must be blind. Do you not see the object in the background? The arrows show which direction the shadows are pointing. You completely ignore the other pictures and the point altogether.
    Pogue

Wayne Dyer
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:

@Pogue

Lol. The source says retroreflectors aren't needed to bounce lasers off the moon. Your point is refuted.
    No, it doesn't. I never said it is needed. I said we left them there and your source proves we did got to the moon.

Erfisflat

I friended myself! 
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:

You must be blind. Do you not see the object in the background? The arrows show which direction the shadows are pointing. You completely ignore the other pictures and the point altogether.
    Show me. I do not think I am blind if I can see the picture. If you disprove one part of that argument, the entire thing crumbles. Also, watch this video  It has a Video Forensic Analyst and a Production Technical Supervisor who analyzed the pictures with his team.

I friended myself! 
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:

@Pogue

No, it doesn't. I never said it is needed. I said we left them there and your source proves we did got to the moon.

No, it doesn't PROVE anything. Like you, it claims they went to the moon. There is no evidence that we went to the moon. You claimed they left reflectors on the moon so that we can bounce lasers off them, but I've shown the reflectors aren't needed to bounce lasers off the moon, ergo, we didn't leave reflectors on the moon.
    PogueGhosty

Wayne Dyer
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat I said, "Finally, we left retroreflectors on the moon, so today when a high powered laser at them, it bounces back."
    That is not " You claimed they left reflectors on the moon so that we can bounce lasers off them, but I've shown the reflectors aren't needed to bounce lasers off the moon, ergo, we didn't leave reflectors on the moon." Yours means we couldn't do it before. However, I meant and said we left them there. So, today if a laser is fired and aimed at it, it will bounce back. They are very different. Also, I gave so much information and evidence that we went to the moon. Also, you have a source to back your claim however, it backs the claim we went to the moon. You disproved yourself. You can not cherry pick the information you want. The same argument is "There is no evidence we shot lasers at the moon and they came back in 1962."
    Erfisflat

I friended myself! 
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Also, why do you trust Wikipedia? It is a great source for other sources but not itself. It is obvious I am not going to convince you (even though I gave evidence you did not debunk and I debunked your information or used it against you). Also (sorry if you are getting annoyed by how many also's I am using), saying we could do it before so we never but reflectors on the moon is idiotic and has no backing.
    Erfisflat

I friended myself! 
    Right, so now that the whole reflectors thing has been shown to be nonsense, anyone else can prove we went to the moon?
    PogueGhostySilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Right, so now that the whole reflectors thing has been shown to be nonsense, anyone else can prove we went to the moon?
    1. HOW?
    2. You are just trying to get out of arguing since I have multiple points that you have not debunked and all of your points I have debunked. Your source is even against you. You are even misquoting me and cherry-picking information. 
    3. I definitely proved we went to the moon.
    4. Are you a toll?

I friended myself! 
    You are the one trusting everything Wikipedia claims. This has gotten a bit childish.

Wayne Dyer
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat
    1. You are the one that used Wikipedia has your only source and I used you only source against you to prove that we went to the moon. I have more sources (which I gave). 
    2. Did this conversation get childish or someone's argument.
    Ghosty

I friended myself! 
  • GhostyGhosty 60 Pts   -  
    @Pogue
    Persuading Erfisflat that the moon landings were real will be hard. However, I encourage you to keep going. I'll join the debate once I gather some information.
    BaconToesPogue
    Ghosty said:
    @Pogue
    Persuading Erfisflat that the moon landings were real will be hard. However, I encourage you to keep going. I'll join the debate once I gather some information.
    Good luck with your research. Maybe you'll do better than what's here so far.

Wayne Dyer

Wayne Dyer
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Ghosty said:
    @Pogue
    Good luck with your research. Maybe you'll do better than what's here so far.
    Can you disprove my points? 

I friended myself!