frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

United Shades of America - does the show promote or helps to fight racism?

Debate Information

Comic and political provocateur W. Kamau Bell hosts this CNN original documentary series in which he travels to the far corners of America to explore race-based subcultures. Using humor to soften his experiences, Bell willingly subjects himself to awkward situations -- like attending a cross-burning, hate-mongering Ku Klux Klan session -- to demonstrate "the many diverse and colorful definitions of America," CNN says. Bell also visits a gated retirement community, experiences inner-city policing, spends time with spring break revelers, speaks to prison inmates, and travels to the Last Frontier.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2017/04/21/series-usoa-s2-trailer.cnn-creative-marketing
natbarons
  1. Live Poll

United Shades of America - does the show promote or helps to fight racism?

6 votes
    1. Promotes racism
      50.00%
    2. Fights racism
      16.67%
    3. Neither
        0.00%
    4. Both
      33.33%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• sportsontersportsonter 17 Pts   -  
    I way watching these commercials a couple of times, and found that the person interviewed for that episode is a White Narionalism, supposedly simialar to Steve Bannon. It seems to express the different views of Americans. I for one believe that this show is pretty neutral.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    I way watching these commercials a couple of times, and found that the person interviewed for that episode is a White Narionalism, supposedly simialar to Steve Bannon. It seems to express the different views of Americans. I for one believe that this show is pretty neutral.
    I disagree.  I don't believe someone who hosted a show called "Totally Biased" has any intention in being neutral.  The focus on white nationalism is evidence of this.  Let me know if Bell covers Black Lives Matter in the same tone he does white nationalism, until then I'm going to assume this show is as worthless as his last show.
  • roaderuroaderu 3 Pts   -  
    I disagree with @cydharta , I am a conservative Republican and fascinated by this show. It fights racism, because of the view it's done through. An African American male talking to a White Nationalist, That's something. This also shows different views and beliefs of Americans which is great. I believe in promoting the first amendment. Although, I do understand your point/argument on this debate, I just happen to not share a simialar view.
    natbarons
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    I hate being right, especially about an issue like this, but I don't believe anyone who leads an Antifa rally is serious about fighting racism.  They certainly are doing nothing to ease tensions; in fact, it seems their only purpose is to inflame them.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/08/stunning-cnn-host-kamau-bell-leads-antifa-mob-violent-anti-prayer-protest-video/

natbarons
  • natbaronsnatbarons 133 Pts   -  
    ANTIFA is not against racism, but has no views or opinions.