frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Well-done steak should be banned

Debate Information

I really struggle to understand why some people prefer well done steak.  To me that is just a waste of meat.  
Of course I exaggerated about banning it, but it should atleast be strongly discouraged :)
i prefer medium rare myself, but understand that some people aren't comfortable with any signs of blood, so I respect medium, or maybe even medium-well as the maximum.  But well-done, sorry no.
SilverishGoldNova
  1. Live Poll

There is a perfectly good reason why well-done steak is okay

4 votes
    1. Sure
      50.00%
    2. Not on this planet
      50.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• To even say that it should be discouraged because you don't like it makes no sense. Every food is disliked by someone, so should we ban food?. 
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Banning would be extreme and impractical, but I am reading this debate more as an exaggeration. I think you are making a point that it is foreign to you why anyone would like their steak well-done.  
    I don't get it either, but I am sure that it's a taste some folks would prefer (just not me).
    it would be good to hear from someone who likes their steak well done to see if they can explain why
    Live Long and Prosper
  • feafea 76 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova Im pretty sure this debate was made as an exaggeration or joke
    islander507
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    fea said:
    @SilverishGoldNova Im pretty sure this debate was made as an exaggeration or joke
    Yep, it states so by OP in the opening argument and even has a smiley face next to it.  I also don't get well done meat, way too dry 
  • I never thought I'd have to make a libertarian argument for steak. This is a new one. Everyone has the right to eat their steak however they please. It isn't the duty of the government to mandate whether or not someone can eat their steak well done.