frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Trump's reason for building transparent wall is to avoid getting hit with a bag of drugs

Debate Information

Trump is claiming that one of key reasons why wall with Mexico needs to be transparent is that people catapult bags of drugs over the wall and it may hit you over the head. I think that's a ridiculous reason.
northsouthkoreabillpassedjoecavalrymelef
  1. Live Poll

Is getting hit with a bag of drugs a real concern?

7 votes
    1. Sure, It is a likely risk
      42.86%
    2. No way
      57.14%
WhyTrump - a good question

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Yes, as he said, people need to see what’s happening on the other side of the wall due to concerns like drugs being thrown over the wall. Those bags might be every heavy and could lead to injuries or deaths.
  • That's a concern. Being hit on the head with a bag.
    WhyTrump
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    @northsouthkorea, thats what he said, but does that really justify a transparent wall. If someone is hanging out near that wall, that's probably the least of their issues
  • Its pretty clear to anyone that his wall wouldn't do much, Making it transparent to avoid being hit by a bag of drugs doesn't change that
    WhyTrump
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Its quite obvious that the wall needs to be built.  That being the case, it makes sense to be able to see thru the wall at regular intervals.  Trump wasn't suggesting that the wall has to be made of a transparent material
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta, actually he was.
    and the example he used was literally what i mentioned with a bag of drugs
    melef
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -   edited September 2017
    WhyTrump said:
    @CYDdharta, actually he was.
    and the example he used was literally what i mentioned with a bag of drugs

Actually, he wasn't.  Here's his quote;

"One of the things with the wall is you need transparency," Trump said.

"You have to be able to see through it. In other words, if you can't see through that wall -- so it could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what's on the other side of the wall."
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/14/politics/trump-transparent-border-wall/

To my knowledge, we haven't yet developed transparent steel.  He could have cited better reasons, but Trump is right, it should be made so that we can see whats going on on the other side of the wall at regular intervals

billpassed
  • Oswald_MosleyOswald_Mosley 108 Pts   -  
    What a meme debate lol.
  • billpassedbillpassed 146 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta , great argument! I believe that Trump’s point is reasonable, but is not necessary. What he is saying as his cause may not be popular or happen at all. I am also not sure if the technology for this is available or developed.
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    CYDdharta said:
    Its quite obvious that the wall needs to be built.  That being the case, it makes sense to be able to see thru the wall at regular intervals.  Trump wasn't suggesting that the wall has to be made of a transparent material
    Would that make it a fence? With the advanced technology that we have at our disposal, construction of towers at intervals with infrared and night vision technological capabilities would be far more efficient in cost, and creates jobs in the process.
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:

Would that make it a fence? With the advanced technology that we have at our disposal, construction of towers at intervals with infrared and night vision technological capabilities would be far more efficient in cost, and creates jobs in the process.
    It could be, I suppose it depends on what your definition of a fence is.  It could be something like this;

• joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    It’s a valid risk considering the amount of drugs brought through the border.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • ChangeMyViewChangeMyView 61 Pts   -  
    I am for the wall and a good idea to see through it.  I wouldn't be too concerned though about getting hit with a bag of drugs.
    melef