frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Sorry, Trump, but America’s economy is already pretty great

Debate Information

DebateIsland
  1. Live Poll

Is America ecomony already great?

10 votes
    1. Yes
      60.00%
    2. No
      40.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I disagree with this opinion. Our economy struggles with hugh debt. Our trade balance is not competitive, and education system doesn't support future growth. We can debate if Trump would be successful in introducing change, but to say we don't have economic issue is not right.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • panvg_5958panvg_5958 2 Pts   -  
    The US economy is not great and needs vast improvement.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    The economy is great for the 1%ers and the lowest class, it's horrible for the middle class.
  • knekk_3029knekk_3029 32 Pts   -  
    I agree with CYDharta, who made an extremely interesting point. DONALD trump claims that he will improve the middle class and economy. As of now, The economy is not great.
  • No, the economy needs improvement. I agree with CYDdharta.
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
     Agree with CYDsharta that only limited segments of our society would say our economy is good.  Although I am not sure even the bottom 1% would agree that it's great. It is not great for anyone.  I also would like to point out that I don't like to say that anything is great, as it implies perfection - and anything can be improved.
    our economy with high debt, limited competitive advantage in numerous industry, high unemployment - is not great. That's why Trump got much of his support, as people voted for change.
  • lwnk_1093lwnk_1093 2 Pts   -  
    The economy is amazing.
  • powkk10828powkk10828 2 Pts   -  
    No, the American Economy is currently great for certain classes/people, but not others.
  • ilsnk2092ilsnk2092 2 Pts   -  
    Yes, Obama inherited a horrible economy. It was 2008, the market crashed. Obama improved the Obama. He got American back on its feet.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    CYDdharta made a good point in this debate.  I agree.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • lanji_00188lanji_00188 2 Pts   -  
    Wow, if you got a complement from agsr, you must be amazing. Also, I agree with CYDdharta and agsr.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    It is interesting that based on the latest jobs report, economy is doing well.  We can argue how much of that is due to Trump or not, but certainly he noosted the economy expectations based on sky rocketing performance of the stock market.
    Live Long and Prosper