frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should families buy dishes only to be used by a certain person for each member of the family

Debate Information

I've been doing dishes daily now for almost a year, and when I do it, it's boring, so I have to think, and that's how I came up with such an idea. My idea is that the parents should start buying plates, bowls, cups, utensils, and tupperware specifically for each individual. 2 plates, bowls, cups, utensils and Tupperware for john, because he doesn't eat much, and 5 of all that for joey, because he uses a lot to eat a lot. This way, you don't have to worry about doing thousands of everybody's dishes. Each member of the family cleaning their own dishes, my dream come true, and probably yours too.

A good way to know which plate is yours is if they're color coded, or have names on the bottom, E.T.C.

Thank you for reading, and don't forget to answer the poll!

natbaronsaarong
  1. Live Poll

Should familys start buying dishes only to be used by a certain person for each member of the family

5 votes
    1. Yes
        0.00%
    2. No
      100.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• natbaronsnatbarons 133 Pts   -  
    No. This may not work for occasions and other family members.
  • @natbarons I would appreciate it if you further explained your objection 
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @TheUnknownNeophyte, I personally like the idea. This way each family meber feels more special and responsible for their dishes.  It maybe not for everyone, but a good option for some families.
    TheUnknownNeophyte
    Live Long and Prosper
  • FascismFascism 344 Pts   -   edited October 2017
    The person with the least amount of work should do all the dishes. 
  • @Fascism is this something that all fascists believe in? I think if we separate it equally we can all be happy
  • FascismFascism 344 Pts   -  
    @TheUnknownNeophyte No this isn't what all fascists believe in. That's up to the household. In my household, I prefer that the person doing the least amount of work should do all the dishes, unless they are unable to do so. 
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @Fascism, I think division of labor in household should really not be based on political views.  Your approach is reasonable for many households, and equal workload works for others. If there are young children many wouldn't expect them to do dishes, but some would. In either case personalized dishes is a good idea regardless who washes them 
    Live Long and Prosper
  • FascismFascism 344 Pts   -  
    @agsr I didn't say it should be based on political views. I stated that it's "up to the household", which is basically the exact same thing you said: "If there are young children many wouldn't expect them to do dishes, but some would." It is up to the household, but in my household, I would prefer the person doing the least amount of work doing the dishes, unless he is unable to do so. I just don't see the need for personalized dishes. 
  • @Fascism I'll respect the rules you've established for your house
    Fascism