frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Are Atheists Still Under The Care of God?

Debate Information

Since God has such loving arms and forgiving hands, doesn't that mean atheists are still in the care of God?

They've left religion, disowned The Father possibly disowned the bio family too but does God still follow and guide them based on all the 'love and compassion' statements about God?

I am to present my starting statement that I believe God only tends to his people, to his followers, those who like his tweets and not really atheists who have abandoned Faith in Him.

Let us see further analysis otherwise.
WhyTrump
  1. Live Poll

How does God care for atheists?

8 votes
    1. God still protects them under his loving care and guides them to make good arguments against theists
      12.50%
    2. God helps them sometimes and lets them live for a while cause He'll send them to hell anyway
      12.50%
    3. God completely despises atheists such that they are on their own proving self-success without God
        0.00%
    4. He doesn't cause He doesn't exist and atheists and theists have been on their own since year one
      75.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 213 Pts   -  
    Assuming God does exist, I believe that one of the crucial steps to reaching Heaven is faith in God. Since Atheists don't have this faith, they probably have no chance for Heaven. So Hell is a possibility.

Or another possibility is that all this is a fraud and nothing happens after death. [which I hope is not the case. Reincarnation is highly unlikely, but I really hope it exists; especially becoming another species. Gotta enjoy Earth to its fullest!]
    ale5
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    @PowerPikachu21, that is really funny.
    not sure you meant it to be.  You should post another debate about reincarnation, assuming there is one to another species..what would be your preferred species (whichever one you want to argue for).  I think that would be a great choice for the new persuademe format.

Regarding your main point, many religions have believe in God as a key tollgate not to end up in Hell..but is that just to drive adoption of religion though?
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 213 Pts   -  
    @ale5 Not just the fear of Hell drives religion, but the salvation of Heaven probably also helps drive Theists to faith. And perhaps the Bible itself could be a factor (or it's just me feeling something when hearing/reading verses.)
  • SylynnSylynn 71 Pts   -  
    I highly doubt people believe in a god because they want to get to heaven or because they fear hell. The belief in heaven or hell first requires the belief in the god. If you don't believe in god, there's no reason to believe in an afterlife, as only religion posits this belief.

As far as the premise of the debate, I reject all four options. The closest option is, "He doesn't cause He doesn't exist and atheists and theists have been on their own since year one", but I don't claim he doesn't exist. I simply see no reason to believe he does. 
    EmeryPearson
  • RodinonRodinon 67 Pts   -  
    None of your arguments fit in with what I understand of the Bible.  Less of a twinge of cynicism might open up a fifth option:  God sends rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous, and is unwilling that any should should perish, but that they might turn from their ways and be healed. 
    EmeryPearson
  • ImbsterImbster 149 Pts   -  
    @Rodinon they are not entirely meant to fit with the Bible but to test understand the logical process of God in dealing with atheists. "Might turn from their ways and be healed" What happens then? You see again and again and again on this site, exclusivism is the  way to heaven which is complete belief in Jesus' death and resurrection. It doesn't matter if I'm a boy that's never stolen candy it matters if I'm a boy that has never heard of Jesus. That is based on catholic doctrine since using the Bahai faith christians point out that all gods lead to their god which is the Abrahamic God, the god of Moses.

Please the main actual point that I'd like to know since no else wants to is if God could actually give a damn about atheists unconsciously follow the 10 commandments. If there is a law in another region where marital rape is allowed but an someone does not align with the law and does not commit marital rape, is he not following other countries who ban marital rape?

This is purely theoretical thought considering the open claim of religions that their god guides them in some ways, he uses people as 'instruments' do his bidding.

Perhaps even the Christians and Catholics do not want imagining that their own God guides atheists to make arguments against them then that truly means God is biased with one unity of people.

All hail exclusivism
  • RodinonRodinon 67 Pts   -  
    Imbster said:
    @Rodinon they are not entirely meant to fit with the Bible but to test understand the logical process of God in dealing with atheists. "Might turn from their ways and be healed" What happens then? You see again and again and again on this site, exclusivism is the  way to heaven which is complete belief in Jesus' death and resurrection. It doesn't matter if I'm a boy that's never stolen candy it matters if I'm a boy that has never heard of Jesus. That is based on catholic doctrine since using the Bahai faith christians point out that all gods lead to their god which is the Abrahamic God, the god of Moses.

Please the main actual point that I'd like to know since no else wants to is if God could actually give a damn about atheists unconsciously follow the 10 commandments. If there is a law in another region where marital rape is allowed but an someone does not align with the law and does not commit marital rape, is he not following other countries who ban marital rape?

This is purely theoretical thought considering the open claim of religions that their god guides them in some ways, he uses people as 'instruments' do his bidding.

Perhaps even the Christians and Catholics do not want imagining that their own God guides atheists to make arguments against them then that truly means God is biased with one unity of people.

All hail exclusivism
    To help me understand, are you saying Catholics are based in Bahai?  I'm not quite following you there.

About your second paragraph, if I am understanding you, YES, God does honor those who follow his commands, even if they don't know him or follow all his commands.
    Romans 2:13-15
    For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.  (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.  They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)

As for God ordaining atheists to argue successfully against God, now you are getting into free will.  Humans do have free will, so that's how we can go against God and make arguments against him.  God didn't make them, they choose to.

I don't know that I am understanding everything you say, so it won't hurt my feelings if you tell me I do not understand you.