frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Gender neutral parenting is child abuse.

Debate Information

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/gender-neutral-baby-canada

This is child abuse. 

I understand why people argue that aborting mentally disabled fetuses is inhumane, even though I don't agree with it, but giving a child a mental disability after he or she is born is plain child abuse.

I'm not talking about letting your daughter play video games about war, or letting your son play with dolls. I'm talking about not telling your kid what gender they are. These kids are told that they get to decide their gender when they grow up. This is actual brainwashing.

It's like telling your daughter that rape is not really that bad and society just exaggerates the suffering it causes. 
JuicyMelonTechSilverishGoldNovajoecavalryagsrbillpassednorthsouthkorea
  1. Live Poll

Is it child abuse?

13 votes
    1. Yes
      76.92%
    2. No
      23.08%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Yes, it may promote mental confusion for the child in some cases due to them not knowing their gender.
    1Hacker0SilverishGoldNova
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    Males are males.
    Females are females.
    Gender is instinctive, not taught.

The only way children could be made unaware of gender differences, is if the were kept locked in a windowless room, alone and uneducated. 

1Hacker0northsouthkorea
  • CuriousGeorgeCuriousGeorge 109 Pts   -  
    I certainly don't think it should be referred to as child abuse. It is not something I recommend anyone does, but calling it child abuse is too far
  • 1Hacker01Hacker0 91 Pts   -  
    @CuriousGeorge Yes that was just an exaggeration. However the brainwashing part wasn't.
    billpassed
  • billpassedbillpassed 146 Pts   -  
    It is child abuse which was more of a mental area.
  • yuno44907yuno44907 33 Pts   -  
    All humans are and insane. They cut your penis, they force you to believe corrupted books, they believe to everyone despite everybody lying to them. Look i am sure humans cant make computers because humans are . Is this universe fake or what?
  • @Fredsnephew , good argument. Gender is defined at a persons birth, not by them at all.