frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Why Jews Reject Jesus

Debate Information

The central claim of Christianity is that Jesus is the Jewish Messiah that was foretold in the Tenakh (Old Testament). Jews (such as myself) reject this notion. 

What is a Messiah? 

The word "Messiah" comes from the Hebrew word "Moshiach" and the Greek word "Kristos" (from which the word Christ is derived). The word "Moshiach" occurs in Tenakh 39 times. Here are some examples:

I Samuel 2:35 "....I will raise up a loyal kohén [priest] for Myself, who will do what is in My heart and in My mind; I will build a reliable family for him and he will walk before My messiah for all time!” 

Psalm 132:17 "There I will make David's horn sprout; I have laid out a lamp for My messiah." 

(context here is David, who was the anointed king) is the Messiah.

Psalm 89:39 "But You abandoned, You rejected; You became angry with Your messiah."

(clearly this particular case cannot be Jesus)

I Samuel 24:6(7) "....and he said to his men, “God forbid that I should do such a thing to my master — to Adonai’s messiah — to stretch my hand out against him; after all, he is Adonai’s messiah.”

(The messiah here is King Saul). 

Jesus failed to fulfill Messianic Prophecies

1) The messiah is to bring an eternal peace between all nations and people (Isaiah 2:2-4; Micha 4:1-4; Ezekiel 39:9). Obviously there is no such peace. 40 years later, the temple was destroyed. 

2) The Messiah is going to bring about universal knowlege of G-d and full Torah observance.

We have already seen that anyone who adds or subtracts from the Law is a false prophet. One of the tasks of the Messiah is to bring us back into Torah observance. [6] 

3) Gather the Jews to Israel (Ezekie 36:24)

The Messiah is going to gather together the lost tribes of Israel and bring us back into the promise land; yet we are still lost and still in exile! 

Clearly Jesus did not fulfill these prophecies. Further the prophecies attributed to Jesus are based on either: A mistranslation (i.e. Isaiah 7:14), quoting out of context, or pure fabrication (i.e. the Nazarene prophecy). 

SilverishGoldNovaaarongMax_Air29islander507Evidence

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Max_Air29Max_Air29 84 Pts   -  
    @ThingBig, I agree.
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    @ThinkBig - The central claim of Christianity is that Jesus is the Jewish Messiah that was foretold in the Tenakh (Old Testament). Jews (such as myself) reject this notion. 

Christianity, or the Catholic/Constantine created Christian Religion claim that Jesus is the sun-god, or Lucifer's son, or Lucifer himself, or one of the gods that make up the idea of God, .. anything and everything except what Jesus Himself fulfilled, the "Moshiach". But as a Jew, from what I know of Jews, that is NOT why you reject Him?

ThinkBig said: What is a Messiah? 
    The word "Messiah" comes from the Hebrew word "Moshiach" and the Greek word "Kristos" (from which the word Christ is derived). The word "Moshiach" occurs in Tenakh 39 times. Here are some examples:

Yes, .. so what is a Messiah?

ThinkBig - I Samuel 2:35 "....I will raise up a loyal kohén [priest] for Myself, who will do what is in My heart and in My mind; I will build a reliable family for him and he will walk before My messiah for all time!” 

Psalm 132:17 "There I will make David's horn sprout; I have laid out a lamp for My messiah." 

(context here is David, who was the anointed king) is the Messiah.

No, David was just another anointed one! Jesus, .. the Word of God was always the Messiah!

And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”
    David was the anointed, after Saul.

ThinkBig - Psalm 89:39 "But You abandoned, You rejected; You became angry with Your messiah."
    (clearly this particular case cannot be Jesus)

Why not? Before the foundation of the world the Messiah was to come. The question is "who was the Messiah"? John 1 explains.

ThinkBig - I Samuel 24:6(7) "....and he said to his men, “God forbid that I should do such a thing to my master — to Adonai’s messiah — to stretch my hand out against him; after all, he is Adonai’s messiah.”
    (The messiah here is King Saul).

Or, ..
    1 Samuel 24:10 Look, this day your eyes have seen that the Lord delivered you today into my hand in the cave, and someone urged me to kill you. But my eye spared you, and I said, ‘I will not stretch out my hand against my lord, for he is the Lord’s anointed.’ !?

Think Big- Jesus failed to fulfill Messianic Prophecies
    1) The messiah is to bring an eternal peace between all nations and people (Isaiah 2:2-4; Micha 4:1-4; Ezekiel 39:9). Obviously there is no such peace. 40 years later, the temple was destroyed.

Failed?
    Who says that Jesus didn't bring eternal peace between all nations and people? He did, only he was rejected even by his own, the Jews killed him, remember? Are you blaming Jesus for that?
    But for those from all the Nations whom did accept Him, both during and after his resurrection, have entered his Spiritual Kingdom. It is we who walk according to the Spirit, NOT like the Jews want, a kingdom according to the flesh, while still living in sin, but those according to the Spirit are already in his Kingdom.

You are confusing the warmongering Christian Religion that was established by the edge of Constantine's sword, .. lead by the Pope who claims to be the Vicar of Christ, or "in place of" to bring in this New Kingdom? lol. Like Jesus would lead such self-righteous (calling themselves Christ-like, or Christians) army with the most bloody, and blasphemous, adulterous, child molesting and idolatry past?
    No, it is those who walk in the spirit with Christ, until we leave this tent behind and receive that New body and enter into that New Kingdom.
    Those that have denied him will be dealt with, they get to go to another kingdom where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth!

Or who, the atheistic Jews, those who if he were here in the flesh today would kill him just as fast, if not faster than they did before? The Jews care less about their prophesied Messiah, now than when he came the first time 2,000 years ago.

Jesus will not Force an eternal peace between people and nations, people have to want it first, and a kingdom needs a King!

So first things first, .. those who accept Him as their King now, not a religion, not the Pope, but Christ, only those Believers will get to enter a new Kingdom. A New Earth, .. not this polluted, raped, destroyed pile of dirt we reduced the earth to, that we now live on?

ThinkBig - 2) The Messiah is going to bring about universal knowlege of G-d and full Torah observance.
    We have already seen that anyone who adds or subtracts from the Law is a false prophet. One of the tasks of the Messiah is to bring us back into Torah observance. [6]

Bring us back? Back to what, the hypocritical religious old ways that God hated, that Jesus pointed out and mocked?

"Love one another as I have loved you, turn the other cheek, love your enemies (not bomb the hell out of them)"

How is the Messiah going to get through to the Jews if they don't even want to hear, or even read His message of hope, of love? How many Jews read the NT?
    Jesus said, if you stick to the law, you will be judged according to the law. And God cannot stand lawbreakers.sinners, even ONE broken law and He cast Adam and Eve out of the Garden, remember?
    The wages of sin is death!
     You think you can keep the "whole law"? Can any Jew or Gentile?

ThinkBig - 3) Gather the Jews to Israel (Ezekie 36:24)
    The Messiah is going to gather together the lost tribes of Israel and bring us back into the promise land; yet we are still lost and still in exile!

That's what happens when the Jews don't have their King, but try to force themselves back into their land. First things first, the Jew must accept their Messiah, and He will lead them back.

But nooo, ..  they won't, instead another messiah is coming the "Vicar of Christ", the one who claims to be "in place of", now him they will accept, as I've seen Ariel Sharon kissing the popes , .. umm, .. ring. 

ThinkBig - Clearly Jesus did not fulfill these prophecies. Further the prophecies attributed to Jesus are based on either: A mistranslation (i.e. Isaiah 7:14), quoting out of context, or pure fabrication (i.e. the Nazarene prophecy).

Clearly. I found this interesting, see if this will not show that Jesus did fulfill Prophesy?

God bless
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 810 Pts   -  

Jewish rejection of Jesus is based on several factors, including:

• Interpretation of Jewish scripture: Jews interpret the Hebrew Bible (also known as the Old Testament) differently than Christians. Jews believe that the messiah described in scripture is a human leader who will bring about political and spiritual redemption for the Jewish people, while Christians believe that Jesus is the fulfillment of messianic prophecies.

• Historical context: Jesus lived and was crucified at a time when the Jewish people were under Roman occupation. Many Jews of the time saw Jesus as a political revolutionary rather than as a religious leader.

• Jesus' teachings: Many Jews believe that Jesus' teachings were not in line with traditional Jewish beliefs and practices.

• The establishment of Christianity: With the emergence of Christianity as a distinct religion, and its adoption by the Roman Empire as the state religion, many Jews rejected Jesus as the Messiah because the Christianity of that time was used as a tool to discriminate and persecute Jews.