frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Does a Higher Being Exist?

124»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• cuphuscuphus 8 Pts   -  
    There is a higher being.  There is so much the modern American does not know.  For all we know Area 51, CIA, or some higher agency knows of a higher power they do not want to tell us about.  We might never know.
    BaconToes
  • BaconToesBaconToes 236 Pts   -   edited April 2018
    Yes, a higher being must exist. There is an abundance of evidence that proves that there is a higher being. Science and religion go hand in hand regarding many topics like the big bang theory. If there isn't a higher being that exists then how would you explain this, there was a building that burned to the ground. There was nothing left in the building beside a painting that Jesus made contact with. This is one of many things that have happened like this. Because of all of this evidence, how can you claim that a higher being does not exist. 
    Please enlighten me about the "abundance" of evidence that proves a higher being.
    Science and Religion go hand and hand? Funny
    Big Bang Theory? Oh, please quote the Bible on where it states that the Big Bang Theory had happened.
    I don't know what building you are talking about, but even if it did, how did you know Jesus touched it?
    Yup, you have a ton of evidence, you win.   :D
    Evidence
    i fart cows
  • BaconToesBaconToes 236 Pts   -  
    cuphus said:
    There is a higher being.  There is so much the modern American does not know.  For all we know Area 51, CIA, or some higher agency knows of a higher power they do not want to tell us about.  We might never know.
    I do not like giving the "fallacy" reaction, but this statement committed so many fallacies. 
    Evidence
    i fart cows
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    @Fredsnephew -  Your assumption is based only on theory.

It's not an assumption, unless you are questioning your, our very existence?
    If you admit we exist, then Infinite is above and beyond existence, .. He, Infinite and Eternal is the Creator.

- Space does not necessarily require boundaries.

That would be Infinite, not space. 

- Only humans desire to give Space boundaries.

Space by definition requires boarders. Take two gods in NASA space like Mars and Venus, there is space between them, or an expanse, right? But theses gods also need space to be IN.
    This is why the Big-Bang theory cannot work, as soon as that something pops out of nothing (which by itself is a ridiculous concept, something from nothing, because I know what "nothing" is. It exists just as every-'thing' exists, and you will never get something from nothing. That would defy the purpose nothing was created for.)
    Hey buddy, would you want to debate the "nothing" with me?

- Similarly it is silly to suggest that an infinite state has to exist, merely based on the existence of the concept and a verbal definition.

Of course, definitions have been changing, especially since the invention of the Jesuit Catholic Christian Big-Bang story, so we can't just rely on definitions. The definition has to make sense, and can't contradict itself like we have it with the definition of Infinite today.
    Not only do I understand Infinite, but I also know why the RCC Christian Religion changed the definition, added infinity within the definition of Infinite. The same reason they took God of the Bible and turned Him into many gods, three to start with, their Trinity Doctrine.
    I am not trying to sound like some genius, cause I'm NOT. But I do understand the Bible, and who our Creator Is.
    Matter of fact, I can see/visualize Infinite, and His Word, and with that how He created every-thing including the no-thing.

- If you wish to regard definition as evidence.

You noticed I did not regard the definition of Infinite, but explained the correct, .. how would I put this, .. you know, like if I was defining an object to a blind person, .. Yes, .. actually that's what it is since God cannot be seen, but known.

- Then it would also be inaccurate to suggest that Space is a vacuum.

Hey, I didn't come up with that idiotic concept, Globetard's did. You are talking about Big-Banged Space, right? You know, where all the Religion-created gods are!?
  • with_all_humilitywith_all_humility 222 Pts   -   edited April 2018
    CYDdharta said:
    BaconToes said:
    @Fredsnephew Enjoy a worthless life. That is literally the atheist life (they cant deny it, it's their theory).
    I would honestly live one life happily then believe I can have another life of eternal happiness
    People believe in certain religion seeking reassurance that they can live a life better than the one they are living right now.
    This is why poorer areas have more religious believers(and good education)*cough* science *cough*
    [Work Cited]
    https://thehumanist.com/news/national/why-are-the-poor-more-religious

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/do-countries-lose-religion-as-they-gain-wealth-1.1310451

That's an interesting train of thought.  Do you believe in it enough to act upon it?  If you really believe it, you would agree that federal and state funding of religious areas of the US need to be increased at the expense of the most irreligious areas of the country.
    @BaconToes

Did you catch a cold? You're doing an awful lot of coughing.  It took science over 2,000 years to figure this out...that's pretty good.  The Bible points this out long before science.  It's amazing what suffering and misery will make a person do.  

Mat 5:3  "Blessed are the poor in spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:4  Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted.

Mat 5:5  Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth.

Mat 5:6  Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.

God has always had a soft heart for the poor, 

Mat 19:21  Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me. (This is the rich young ruler who wanted to follow Jesus, he asks what he must do to inherit heaven, Jesus says give away all your possessions and follow me, if you read the rest of the verses; you find that the rich man could bring himself to do this and the point here is not that you have to give everything away to go to heaven.  The point is, the rich man when posed with a question of riches or heaven, he could not bring himself to choose heaven.  I'm sure you're saying smart man! "rolling of eyes"  It's a lesson that those who gain wealth and success normally view themselves as being greater than God or that their success is because of their doings and God is not in their lives.  Same applies to scientist too.)

As opposed to the account of the Widow with two mites

Mar 12:43  So He called His disciples to Himself and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury;  (Here Jesus tells his followers that even though the woman gave two pennies to the church, she gave more than everyone else.  How so you ask, it's because she gave everything she had to give.)

• Studies have been done and it's been found that poor people or those below the poverty line are the most giving people.  I believe this is because they know that wealth is not everything and it is not a necessity of life.  However, that just not the American way is it?
    The bible talks a lot about the poor people and those who are affected and it points out that those are the people who look to God the most, who are the most humble and pray the most.  So, anyone who actually read's the bible knows that what those surveys to discover has always been known.

But it's good to see that you all are starting to catching up.  ;) :D
  • FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    @Evidence ;

The nothing something conundrum really is the big issue and a subject I love to discuss.

As I always state. God is just as likely as a Big Bang. That is to say they are both viable theories.

Both rely upon a magical event, something from nothing.

Are there any scientific methods one can apply to this conundrum?

As I see it the only tool we have available is our imagination and let's be honest, imagination is the basis of all theory.

Because imagination is what fundamentally sets us apart from all other species.

As hard as I might try, I find it impossible to imagine nothing.

Trying to compress something into a point of non-existence always results in the same thing.

The disappearance of something into a vast expanse of something else.

Space.

Ok. The real discussion is the existence of matter.

Matter is the real something, rather than space.

I would suggest that space is simply a reality and no space is an impossibility. ( I would also apply the same principles to time).

Nonetheless, space and time are something and allow for possibilities.

So. I have the realities of space and time. 

Space allows for existence and time allows for duration.

All I need now is matter.

@Evidence ;

The nothing something conundrum really is the big issue and a subject I love to discuss.

@Fredsnephew ;As I always state. God is just as likely as a Big Bang. That is to say they are both viable theories.

The Big Bang was created by religious men, just like all the gods, while Infinite (God) is the Ground of being, how would you create Infinite?

Both rely upon a magical event, something from nothing.

How could you pull Infinite from no-thing, .. seriously how? Really, tell me how Infinite can be created, you can use quantum physics, dreams, cartoons, a particle collider like CERN, philosophy, supernatural events, the Tianhe-2 supercomputer .. whatever you want, tell me how you would go about creating Infinite?

Are there any scientific methods one can apply to this conundrum?
    As hard as I might try, I find it impossible to imagine nothing.

Do you mean to the conundrum of the existence of nothing? The definition is right there in the word itself; "no-thing"
    It's a "thing" with absolutely no substance. 
    I mean once you comprehend Infinite, the no-thing is easy to see/comprehend. And once you do understand nothing, you will understand why the Big-Bang story is a child's sci-fi fairytale, and CERN no different than a Religious Temple in one of the Disneyland's, and what they do there is just magic, which people can choose to believe, or not believe.

As I see it the only tool we have available is our imagination and let's be honest, imagination is the basis of all theory.
    Because imagination is what fundamentally sets us apart from all other species.

I guess we can thank Mother Nature for that, to have chosen one species on the whole earth, evolving from the same primordial soup, the same amount of time, yet set us this far apart from even our nearest relatives like the chimps, bonobos, gorillas and so on. Truly privileged animals, .. I guess mama Isis likes the human ape!?

Trying to compress something into a point of non-existence always results in the same thing.

What, .. non existence?
    The real question is, how does NASA and CERN figure gravity that's being expanded by a perfect vacuum (space) compress itself into non-existence? Has CERN ever collided something like a chunk of metal into nothing?

The disappearance of something into a vast expanse of something else.
    Space.

I can imagine, and understand Infinite God and the nothing, but cannot understand how scientists can observe, or even imagine something disappear into a vast expanse of something else? Why are they so hell-bent on eliminating Infinite/God from the picture, trying to create something from nothing?

Ok. The real discussion is the existence of matter.
    Matter is the real something, rather than space.

Everything that we perceive as real, is really not. Ask yourself how do we perceive this universe, .. it's by; sight, touch/feel, smell, taste and hear which are all sent by electrical signals to our brain.
    When a scientist observes, anything from an elephant to an atom, what he gets is electrical impulses to the brain, .. right?
    So think about it, reality is broken down to electrical signals, .. so is what we see really real?
    Now observe this, a scientist can put everything he observes into writing, into words, which other scientists read and see what the other guy wrote, .. now you see, or get the hint of what I'm talking about?

Ask yourself, what's the difference in our perception between reading a book of a man going on an adventure, or seeing a movie of that same event, or actually being with that man going on that adventure, .. besides more detail?
    Absolutely nothing as far as reality goes.

I would suggest that space is simply a reality and no space is an impossibility. ( I would also apply the same principles to time).

Space, .. and every-thing in it, including the no-thing and time is created, and is not what we perceive like I just mentioned above.
    Before "creation" like space/time for instance, there Is Infinite/God.

Nonetheless, space and time are something and allow for possibilities.

Yes, space and time are created somethings, but it is Infinite/God  that allows for possibilities.
    Like we could say a hammer allows for possibilities, right? Sure, but only if you have everything else to use it on. The same for space and time, totally useless by themselves.

So. I have the realities of space and time. 
    Space allows for existence and time allows for duration.
    All I need now is matter.

Like the hammer, space will not give you any-thing no matter how much time you put into it. Besides, how would time pass if you don't have any-THING in space? Don't listen to the magical stories of NASA and CERN type of science, because the ONLY thing you will ever get out of space and time (which is an impossibility, you can't have time in empty space, especially the way they have it, a vacuum) is what they can put into your mind through MK-ultra using never before heard words, and paintings, drawings, senseless pseudo math like E=MC^2
    @Evidence ;

If time and space are realities. Then time and space are therefore infinite.

God is just a notion, an electrical signal.

God is not infinite, because the notion began in the human brain as an electrical signal.

The creation event is the something from nothing conundrum.

That is to say. The magical appearance of matter.

Time does not pass.

Time doesn't need to pass. Time just allows for events to occur.

Even if there are no events. There is no reason why the possibility should not exist.
  • BaconToesBaconToes 236 Pts   -  
    CYDdharta said:
    BaconToes said:
    @Fredsnephew Enjoy a worthless life. That is literally the atheist life (they cant deny it, it's their theory).
    I would honestly live one life happily then believe I can have another life of eternal happiness
    People believe in certain religion seeking reassurance that they can live a life better than the one they are living right now.
    This is why poorer areas have more religious believers(and good education)*cough* science *cough*
    [Work Cited]

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/do-countries-lose-religion-as-they-gain-wealth-1.1310451

That's an interesting train of thought.  Do you believe in it enough to act upon it?  If you really believe it, you would agree that federal and state funding of religious areas of the US need to be increased at the expense of the most irreligious areas of the country.
    I believe the US should decrease military expenses and use more federal fundings to pay for education in poorer areas, not irreligious areas. 
    For the rest of you guys, I will refute your points when I have time. :3
    i fart cows
  • with_all_humilitywith_all_humility 222 Pts   -  
    BaconToes said:
    CYDdharta said:
    BaconToes said:
    [Work Cited]

I believe the US should decrease military expenses and use more federal fundings to pay for education in poorer areas, not irreligious areas. 
    For the rest of you guys, I will refute your points when I have time. :3
    I don't disagree that more should be done for the impoverished, but some realities need to be realized.  There will always be poor people, money does not equate to be a solution.  A good case study is the Indian reservations, the subsidies provided by the government have led to less seeking employment and more substance abuse (mostly alcohol). Overall morale is lower because of it. There is already an immense amount of welfare abuse now, and many believe to have led to widespread modern fatherless home/family.  Unfortunately, our social programs reward the absence of fathers.

To raise the self-esteem of a person, to make them more productive requires bestowing a sense of self-worth and gratification in their own accomplishments. Only then will a person rise to a higher level of confidence and prosperity.  A check or a meal from the government does not accomplish such things.

Military spending is something that really needs to be considered before cutting budget wise.  Being on the inside of military much of weapon systems are in need of recapitalization.  Many aircraft are far past their life expectancy if we don't keep up with other nations we may find ourselves being a 2nd world power in 20 years.  China is on a mission to become a dominant force in the world.  We might wake up one day and the Yen could be the world currency. If that happens it would have a devastating consequence to our way of life in America. 
    @with_all_humility ;

Maybe technological advancement is the real issue.

Human based intelligence is fragile and limited.

Non-organic intelligence could be infinite.
    @with_all_humility ;

That's interesting, your word choice...Non-organic intelligence being infinite...Is that not the definition of a deity? 

The only constraints that I'm aware of on the human minded are the physical world, we are bound by the natural laws.  The human mind is the most advanced piece of technology I'm aware of. 
    @with_all_humility ;

That's interesting, your word choice...Non-organic intelligence being infinite...Is that not the definition of a deity? 

The only constraints that I'm aware of on the human minded are the physical world, we are bound by the natural laws.  The human mind is the most advanced piece of technology I'm aware of. 
    What I am suggesting is that human intelligence and dominance will probably one day be succeeded by sentient intelligent devices.

The next stage in the evolutionary process of matter.

Maybe our only real purpose, is to facilitate this next evolutionary phase.

We tend to think that the Universe is human centred.

Perhaps we are of little or short lived significance in the overall scheme of things.

What is the real purpose of intelligence and information?

What is the purpose of anything?
    BaconToes
    @with_all_humility ;

What I am suggesting is that human intelligence and dominance will probably one day be succeeded by sentient intelligent devices.

The next stage in the evolutionary process of matter.

Maybe our only real purpose, is to facilitate this next evolutionary phase.

We tend to think that the Universe is human centred.

Perhaps we are of little or short lived significance in the overall scheme of things.

What is the real purpose of intelligence and information?

What is the purpose of anything?

@Fredsnephew

I'm tracking what you're saying...in theory anything is possible.  It goes against what I tend to believe, however, it's plausible.  Is that a fair assessment?  If AI develops a conscience and self-awareness...will it be a living thing?  Will man be a God?
    @with_all_humility ;

I don't think that, "anything is possible". 

Everything is probably governed by fundamental universal laws.

What I am suggesting is that humanity could be a small but significant link in a much longer chain of events.

An evolutionary process if you like.

The outcome of these events may exceed the limitations of organic life. 

This process would have started long before the inception of the organic and will probably continue long after it's demise.

Belief is what it is, blind faith. Accepting something without the need for real proof. Belief is simply a symptom  of the human condition. 

However, belief does not seem to impede our urge to facilitate the development and advancement of non-organic intelligence.

Will sentient non-organic devices regard man as a god?

Probably not. Gods are illogical and depend upon belief rather than empirical knowledge.

BaconToes

Hello @Fredsnephew, again, sorry for the late response.

If time and space are realities. Then time and space are therefore infinite.

Actually time and space are created, and limited to our creation, a clock to measure time, and meter stick to measure space.
    Here, try to imagine space in space. In other words, imagine a space (either between two objects, or this imaginary BB-Universe) now where is this "space" you are imagining, in?

God is just a notion, an electrical signal.

No, .. the electrical signal is the mind reading the brain (I think the mind reads the pineal gland, not sure yet? Not that it matters, the signals are visible with fMRI all over the brain) It is our mind that creates the notions from all the stuff we have in our brain.
    So if you don't believe in the "mind" as being the real-you, then God will remain just a notion from those electrical signals. To be honest, my brain can't imagine Infinite/God, which is why it's so hard to explain to others. There is no definition in my brain (nor have I found an acceptable definition anywhere yet) of Infinite. Like Cantor's Attic, so complex, and so far off. The more complex a definition, the farther it gets from the truth.

God is not infinite, because the notion began in the human brain as an electrical signal.

Exactly, your version of God will always be finite gods, created by whatever you learned, or what we were indoctrinated with.
    But if you understood that your mind is the one reading those electronic signals, and that your mind is Infinite, that there is no limit to the interpretation of those electronic signals. You can store expanding universes to infinity in your mind, and you still have Infinite. (don't think of your mind as space, but as the Ground of being, and don't think of 'nothing' as actually nothing. It is a thing.

The creation event is the something from nothing conundrum.

Yes, in a way, if you want to call God/Infinite nothing. And since you can't see/visualize/understand Infinite/God as I do, you are stuck with "nothing". Only as I said, I know what nothing is, so you would be wrong.
    The Bible actually tells us how it all happened, how Infinite/God created a beginning. Not Infinite/Gods beginning, but "a" beginning with Infinite. John 1:1- explains this simply and fully.
    I have been thinking about what creates those 'electronic signals', .. actually what creates that creates those electronic signals? Like the brain for instance, starting with atoms, it all may be created by actual vibrations!? These vibrations create matter, .. matter creates electronic signals, and from there, all the way up to our entire universe.

Now just imagine the complexity of our universe if everything was created by sound vibrations, from the atoms to the Heaven and the Earth and everything in them including the dust of the earth? The words in the Bible "Let there Be, .." would have a whole new meaning, wouldn't it?

Mark 11:22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

Thing is, what power do we need behind those words?
    The Mind, a clear mind unobstructed by indoctrination, with pure 'faith' in the vibrations we are creating with our voice; "Be removed and be cast into the sea,"

That is to say. The magical appearance of matter.

Magic is a trick, faith is power, and if Infinite/God was able to create the "Word", and from there words, and each word/vibration creates matter, then electricity, .. well here, check out the video, especially from time 5:30 and on. (I'm sure you know this, just trying to piece it all together for you, as it helped me understand Infinite God better and how He creates!?)
    Of course we are looking at the tip of an iceberg going into infinity.

Time does not pass.
    Time doesn't need to pass. Time just allows for events to occur.

The way I see it is that in our mind, time is irrelevant. It exists only because of this created reality God put us/mind in.
    There is neither time, nor space in Infinite, for it is also Eternal. So all 'events' are possible at once. But once God starts creating, creation itself creates time, by the complexity of each creation. "A thousand years, .. like a day, .." etc.

Even if there are no events. There is no reason why the possibility should not exist.

Exactly, .. for us the mind, all things are possible with or without anything really happening, or even existing.
    The problem I'm having is: how do I separate my mind/spirit so I can cast that mountain into the sea, .. from my body which has problem picking up a 50lb. rock, .. you know what I mean?
    Like how do I build faith, when I'm getting old, with all the pain, all the negative things happening all around me reinforcing that "No way, .. I just can't, .. that's impossible!?" and so on.
    Erfisflat
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  

BaconToes said:
    So are unicorns, goblins, fairies all real?

No, because they only exist in the pages of a book or by word of mouth. God, although in the Bible, is also present in human life via miracles performed, the sending of his son Jesus, and nature around us. 
    This does not seem logically sound to me. Those miracles are described in the Bible and by certain believers, but there is no scientific evidence behind them as of now. If I write a book called "The religion of the unicorns, goblins and fairies" and attribute those miracles to the actions of unicorns, goblins and fairies - then unicorns, goblins and fairies will become just as real as God is, if we are to use this approach.

There is no way around it: we do have to face the fact that there is no experimentally verifiable evidence behind God's existence. The only question is what conclusion we should derive from this premise. If we decide that lack of evidence of the contrary means existence, then both God and unicorns/goblins/fairies exist. And if not, then none of these exists.

Keep in mind that Christianity is just one of thousands religions in the history of mankind. If I ask you if Minotaurs are real, you will almost certainly say, "No, they are a part of ancient Greek mythology" - yet Minotaurs were as real in the minds of ancient Greeks as God is in the minds of modern monotheists. 
    BaconToes
    @MayCaesar This does not seem logically sound to me. Those miracles are described in the Bible and by certain believers, but there is no scientific evidence behind them as of now. If I write a book called "The religion of the unicorns, goblins and fairies" and attribute those miracles to the actions of unicorns, goblins and fairies - then unicorns, goblins and fairies will become just as real as God is, if we are to use this approach.

By all means please write a book titled; "The religion of the unicorns, goblins and fairies", so we could compare its moral, scientific and historical value to the Bible, and let us decide!?

There is no way around it: we do have to face the fact that there is no experimentally verifiable evidence behind God's existence. The only question is what conclusion we should derive from this premise. If we decide that lack of evidence of the contrary means existence, then both God and unicorns/goblins/fairies exist. And if not, then none of these exists.

Historically the Bible is accurate and every event (The flood, Moses Exodus, Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed by brimstone and fire) has been found and verified, .. and of course denied by the Powers That Be, and much of the evidence destroyed except for some documents, films and pictures, and of course stories and names of places still in existence. Ron Wyatt (the original Indiana Jones) had about 100 Bible related discoveries, which you will never hear NASA, CERN or Richard Dawkins mention, .. ever.
    Both scientifically and logically God exist, the evidence of His creation is in science, physics, where we see that the creation of matter is by vibration, or sound.
    John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word
    and creation came by the Word of God, where in Genesis it describe creation starting with "And God said, let there be .."  (string theory?)

Keep in mind that Christianity is just one of thousands religions in the history of mankind. If I ask you if Minotaurs are real, you will almost certainly say, "No, they are a part of ancient Greek mythology" - yet Minotaurs were as real in the minds of ancient Greeks as God is in the minds of modern monotheists.

True, but Christianity is not just one of thousands of Religions, but itself is made up of thousands of Christian Religions/denominations, and so far I did not find even One Christian denomination worship the God of the Bible, not One. They all worship some deity, or deities who reside in earths supernatural realm, which are actually fallen angels, and demons.
    The Christian Religion was invented about 1,700 years ago by the Roman Catholic Church, which then was under the Emperor Constantine, a multi-pagan-gods worshipping church with a Gentile many-gods worshipping Ruler who hated the Jews and their God. So to expect a pagan god worshipper Emperor, with a nation that worshipped the old Greek and new Roman gods to give all that up and bow down to our Heavenly Creator, the One and Only Possible Infinite and Eternal "I Am" would not be reasonable, even foolish to believe such a thing could even happen, .. wouldn't you agree?

I mean why would the most powerful nation on earth at that time, that worshipped tens of thousands of gods give all that up to worship One God, and a God who specifically said He was the God of the Israelites, the Jews!
    Now why would Rome bow to the Jewish God??

Well they didn't. The RCC and Constantine took the name that people used to mock the Early Believers by, those who were of 'The Way' the derogatory name "Christian", and created a new Religion that included all their old (Greek, Egyptian) gods and the New Roman gods into one Religion which they called the mocking name "Christian". The cross was not the tree Jesus was hung and died on, but Constantine's sword.
    Their mission was not to win converts over to Christ, but to conquer with the sword and turn them to their gods, the leader of which was Lucifer himself!

And this they did not by turning the other cheek as Jesus taught us, but by turning others cheeks, and roll their heads if they didn't bow to their New Vicar of the devil himself, the Pope!

As for Minotaur's, according to Johns Revelations where he seen many different creatures up in Heaven, they just may have been here on earth during Genesis 1:1 before God cleaned up the earth from whatever catastrophic evens left it in ruins and chaos as mentioned in Genesis 1:2, .. and before He made man in His image.

So you see the Bible is not only our moral guide, but also reveals the history of Creation itself, it Is the Answer for Everything. There is where God is revealed, and how and why He created all things.

Look up the Flat Earth revelations where we are finding new things about our history, you could learn with us, instead of dabbling in this 666CERN and snake tongue NASA/Lady Gag-me-Gaga and Madonna type of Satanic universe!