frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Is Time Travel to the Past Possible?

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Evidence said:

So time is not real, only the present, the Now exists. You can touch it, play with it, use it, and walk on it forward or backwards, but not on time.

It is not that time travel is real, or unreal it is that time travel has been dramatically under rated by people and science completely. We travel in time every motion that is use to move us someplace. We then travel back in time every motion we used to return us to the same place, or space more than once.

Time and space are proportionate that is the basic principle Einstein’s therapy of relativity and religion could not grasp. That is the principle that special relativity cannot grasp. Time and space are the same object translated to us in a different way mathematically.

• EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -   edited August 2018
    John_C_87 said:

Yes, Time is Real and not everyone knows how to read all maps when lost. Ha, ha, ha, ha.

John_C_87 Are you a mathematician? Hobby Computer programmer. New Einstein was wrong before I even entered High school.

I have some issues with quoting Newton recorded work as the writing was in French and translations appeared to have brought up questions the way it had been translated between notes I could find in French, copies taken supposed by his notes.

I will be to the point so forgive any non-subtleties. Einstein simply admits to having no clue about mathematic absolute time in his work, Einstein also is notorious for a fascination with Pi, This is the fingerprint used to track two types of fixed algebra. Newton’s and Einstein’s, you may not understand this at this point. I can explain as we go on.  Otherwise an uncanny ability to plagiarize some of the mathematics used by what was absolute magmatic time before the 1950’s sometime + or – Einstein’s use of second hand insights into the world of time and the use of forced fixed equation to manipulate mathematic use Pi in his introduction of general relativity was far less subtle than Isaac Newton mathematic work to remove Pi form Absolute Time.

I am not going to bother you with my colorful worded examples at this point on numerical facts. Absolute Time starts a ratio (12:60, 1:60, and 1:60). When you say Time does not exist in the Universe you are setting a stage. Absolute Time does exist in the universe unseen. This is due to fact that unlike space junk and debris Isaac Newton had placed time there without even knowing the universe was outside our solar system.

Your colorful antidote; John will not be resetting any of his clocks with Bill, as John, not Jonathan, has in fact for this trip dedicated one clock to the used for the several known time zones. What looks to be happening here is John has many more known time zones than William or even Williams and his friends. John_C_89 may even have more Mathematic forms of Time than Isaac Newton, John has not met him so is not sure but admired the work left to us all. John has an additional yPi which is not Ernestine’s lucky Pi which he felt my benefit the world.

@John_C_87 I am not going to bother you with my colorful worded examples at this point on numerical facts. Absolute Time starts a ratio (12:60, 1:60, and 1:60). When you say Time does not exist in the Universe you are setting a stage.

So what is this 12:60, 1:60, 1:60?? I know it's math, but what does this have to do with time, which is not real. It exists as a umm, a metaphor we use it to call the gears in a clock turning two hands as "time". I could count from one to sixty and call that time.

Like measuring two feet off a measuring tape, what could you use that for? Only math. There is nothing that you can do with the two feet. Or if I gave you two hours, or take away two hours, .. you will neither gain nor loose anything.

John_c_ - Absolute Time does exist in the universe unseen.

If you mean the sci-fi "galactic universe", then yes, unseen, and none existent just like time.

John_C  -This is due to fact that unlike space junk and debris Isaac Newton had placed time there without even knowing the universe was outside our solar system.

OK, we really should have a Science Fiction Forum where we could have fun exploring this imaginary space, imaginary mathematic time, .. this final frontier where no man has gone before, .. but since this is the science forum, I take science very seriously and don't want to pollute it with Einsteinian, Stephen Hawking's type of sci-fi fairytales. There we can discuss all the different mathematical times, and stretchable space fabrics, but because we have a serious debates on the Flat Earth reality, and the scientific proof that Infinite is not something finite/created, thus we have proof of God/Infinite, I'm sure my friend @Erfisflat would agree with me that furthering this conversation could cause confusion in our reality, real observable, testable scientific debates.

Did you even give a second thought about my above example with John and Bill? Here, I changed the end to make more sense:

If John takes the plane from LA to NY, and Bill walks, both of their clocks will tick the same rate. The only difference will be that John will have time to do other things instead of traveling. But they both are spending their same time, or actually, both of their clocks will tick as they did at the start of their trip, and both clocks could be off, but won't change a thing!

A slower clock does not mean I can do more things in a day. Time can be anything, and any length since it doesn't exist.
    Erfisflat
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Evidence said:
    John_C_87 said:

Yes, Time is Real and not everyone knows how to read all maps when lost. Ha, ha, ha, ha.

John_C_87 Are you a mathematician? Hobby Computer programmer. New Einstein was wrong before I even entered High school.

I have some issues with quoting Newton recorded work as the writing was in French and translations appeared to have brought up questions the way it had been translated between notes I could find in French, copies taken supposed by his notes.

I will be to the point so forgive any non-subtleties. Einstein simply admits to having no clue about mathematic absolute time in his work, Einstein also is notorious for a fascination with Pi, This is the fingerprint used to track two types of fixed algebra. Newton’s and Einstein’s, you may not understand this at this point. I can explain as we go on.  Otherwise an uncanny ability to plagiarize some of the mathematics used by what was absolute magmatic time before the 1950’s sometime + or – Einstein’s use of second hand insights into the world of time and the use of forced fixed equation to manipulate mathematic use Pi in his introduction of general relativity was far less subtle than Isaac Newton mathematic work to remove Pi form Absolute Time.

I am not going to bother you with my colorful worded examples at this point on numerical facts. Absolute Time starts a ratio (12:60, 1:60, and 1:60). When you say Time does not exist in the Universe you are setting a stage. Absolute Time does exist in the universe unseen. This is due to fact that unlike space junk and debris Isaac Newton had placed time there without even knowing the universe was outside our solar system.

Your colorful antidote; John will not be resetting any of his clocks with Bill, as John, not Jonathan, has in fact for this trip dedicated one clock to the used for the several known time zones. What looks to be happening here is John has many more known time zones than William or even Williams and his friends. John_C_89 may even have more Mathematic forms of Time than Isaac Newton, John has not met him so is not sure but admired the work left to us all. John has an additional yPi which is not Ernestine’s lucky Pi which he felt my benefit the world.

@John_C_87 I am not going to bother you with my colorful worded examples at this point on numerical facts. Absolute Time starts a ratio (12:60, 1:60, and 1:60). When you say Time does not exist in the Universe you are setting a stage.

So what is this 12:60, 1:60, 1:60?? I know it's math, but what does this have to do with time, which is not real. It exists as a umm, a metaphor we use it to call the gears in a clock turning two hands as "time". I could count from one to sixty and call that time.

Like measuring two feet off a measuring tape, what could you use that for? Only math. There is nothing that you can do with the two feet. Or if I gave you two hours, or take away two hours, .. you will neither gain nor loose anything.

John_c_ - Absolute Time does exist in the universe unseen.

If you mean the sci-fi "galactic universe", then yes, unseen, and none existent just like time.

John_C  -This is due to fact that unlike space junk and debris Isaac Newton had placed time there without even knowing the universe was outside our solar system.

OK, we really should have a Science Fiction Forum where we could have fun exploring this imaginary space, imaginary mathematic time, .. this final frontier where no man has gone before, .. but since this is the science forum, I take science very seriously and don't want to pollute it with Einsteinian, Stephen Hawking's type of sci-fi fairytales. There we can discuss all the different mathematical times, and stretchable space fabrics, but because we have a serious debates on the Flat Earth reality, and the scientific proof that Infinite is not something finite/created, thus we have proof of God/Infinite, I'm sure my friend @Erfisflat would agree with me that furthering this conversation could cause confusion in our reality, real observable, testable scientific debates.

Did you even give a second thought about my above example with John and Bill? Here, I changed the end to make more sense:

If John takes the plane from LA to NY, and Bill walks, both of their clocks will tick the same rate. The only difference will be that John will have time to do other things instead of traveling. But they both are spending their same time, or actually, both of their clocks will tick as they did at the start of their trip, and both clocks could be off, but won't change a thing!

A slower clock does not mean I can do more things in a day. Time can be anything, and any length since it doesn't exist.
    I'm pretty sure he's not ready to part ways with the pseudocientific world that we've all been indoctrinated into.
    Evidence
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • Time as mathematic absolute cannot be anything. The mathematic ratio changes at different speed if one person walks and the other flies.  You are negating the understanding of time zones in your example.

The reality here is Science as a perception of Time which simply is not true. This is why you understand it to be not real so to speak. Is space real X, Y, and Z space? The point is mathematic space and mathematic Time are the same identical thing just explained in entirely deferent ways.

The second point is science does not know how to test mathematic space, so it can’t test mathematic Time as well. We test the tools that measure these things. Space and time explain the same object unlimited by size. It is that simple, the variation of Time is not noted by Special relativity. The problem is that there is a way to establish more than one time and each of these Times can have multitudes of dimension.

Whereas Space is limited to three X, Y, and Z. 12:60 is a ratio set by degree 1:60 is a second ratio. There are 12 hours to one rotation of a clock at 360 degrees. The problem is IBM when working computers set a digital clock without understanding the principles of Time. All longitude lines in the world have been originally calculated using a form of analog time that removed Pi through calculus to insure accuracy to the interpretation of time zone and scale.

• EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    John_C_87 said:
    Evidence said:

So time is not real, only the present, the Now exists. You can touch it, play with it, use it, and walk on it forward or backwards, but not on time.

It is not that time travel is real, or unreal it is that time travel has been dramatically under rated by people and science completely. We travel in time every motion that is use to move us someplace. We then travel back in time every motion we used to return us to the same place, or space more than once.

Time and space are proportionate that is the basic principle Einstein’s therapy of relativity and religion could not grasp. That is the principle that special relativity cannot grasp. Time and space are the same object translated to us in a different way mathematically.

@John_C_87 ;
    John buddy, we been so messed up by MK-ultra brain washing telling us that time is something real, that even though you realize something is wrong, (which is why I edited my last post twice, .. lol) we can't explain it. It's there like that little devil on our shoulder, know what I mean?

OK, .. let me try and see if we can connect?

Going somewhere and coming back to that same place does not mean we traveled in time, or created some real space.
    Time is nothing but what we call it, we can count as we go somewhere, and then count backwards coming back, it does not mean we went forward and back in time.

If you and I walked to the store with your watch running, and I stop mine, when we get there, does that mean it took you 15 minutes, .. but me, I got there in an instant?
    This is what I mean by "time really doesn't exist", .. because it doesn't. It's just something we call using specific measuring tools, in this case a clock.
    Same with space, I can use my special tape measure where my one inch is a foot long, and you use the regular tape measure, what happens when we both measure a room out? Did I just shrink that room? (Because that is the same thing Einstein claimed with his speed slowing down time)
    You go and measure it and get 10 feet, right? Me, with my tape measure I get 10 inches. Now look, did I not measure the space between the walls in that room, or not? We both did.
    There is your space, 10 feet for you is 10 inches for me, same "space", so how can that be?

Another guy comes and says: "Your both crazy, I'm trying to sell this house and need accurate measurements. So he takes out his tape measure that has 0.001 increments for a foot. See what I mean? How can "space" very in size so much? It can because it's not real, .. it doesn't exist!

So let's see what exists in our measurement of the space between the two walls?

What else, it's the two walls, the floor and the ceiling between them. The air as a medium that fills the room, and whatever else is there, but space is just something we call using measuring tools.

The lies come when they try to make us believe that space is real, or that time is real, and before you know it, they are selling us tickets for a trip to some imaginary planet called after some pagan Roman god called Mars.

I figured out the tricks of special relativity, it was created by those who controlled Einstein, .. the same ones who controlled Stephen Hawking's by electric shocks to his face, it was to justify Lucifer's fake space with all their planet-gods and earth as a globe. Same with gravity, as I proved that it doesn't exist.

Actually Brian Cox proved gravity doesn't exist in NASA's giant vacuum chamber, all while laughing thinking they just proved it did, .. lol.
  • By the way my use of the letters IBM might be better suited to the words everyone who used digital time in computer technology. It is just that a computer was the first place I had made contact with digital time in the early 70’s. I apologize.

• Evidence you are simply looking in the wrong place for the evidence of time. Time is a series of distanced on earth set by degree, a tape at scale can be replaced with a sextant and transit all inches can be replaced with seconds. We can go on to add a dimension of time smaller than second. Well I could you are still working on the reality of advanced calculus mathematics. No insult intended it is extremely complicated.  

Brian Cox Proved that gravity is a motion not created by Elasticity, Modulation and reverberation?

• Isaac Newton describes gravity as a form of motion not a power of energy. You do know this right?
  • Not being the leaned man that Brian Cox is, and with a great deal of respect. After watch the video without sound I have a question as it relates to the mathematics of Time and Neutrons laws of motion. Why was a styrene foam sphere the same size by degree and volume of the looked like a metal ball not used in this experiment? The understanding of vacuum roll in friction, modulation, elasticity, and motion might be better seen/observed clearly as it relates to Neutrons laws of motion.

• I understand what you are trying to say. It just isn't this.

The clock is a translator for a principles of a sextant so that the average person might read Time with a greater ease and understanding. The digital clock simply is removing much of the needed mathematic translation. Space-Time is a plagiarism made on the word Time on the presumption it is something other than what time truly is, Time is real math so the plagiarism is taking place to hide the verbal expression of the noticeable wording Space-Space, and Space-Time interprets the identical in a more public appealing way, meaning the same wording is just too obvious when it is called Space-Space.

Einstein was fascinated with Pi, so much the formula of General Relativity was to reintroduce Pi back into Mathematic Time by use of corruption on a post decimal state. This decimal state is hidden form the public by ratio in the form of calculus made in numerical degrees for mathematic time when the ratio is translated properly.

The understanding that( 0.001) of a new numerical ratio set within second of (1:60) ratio now translated to foot by plagiarism, meaning there is no calculus to support the translation made by ratio and foot, to believe the plagiarism is more accurate than an additional dimension added to time is false. (00:00:00:00:00:000:000:000) this would be the mathematic ratio to a full dimension of time, added to the original full dimension of time.

Fist this (00:00:00:00:00:000:000:000) is the proper calculus expansion of Time by dimension. Inside this additional dimension the expansion by calculus takes place on the second as well. (00:00:00) the expansion of the second takes place here with an added (: colon) and pair of (00), (00:00:00:00)

Side by side (00:00:00:00:00:000:000:000) and (00:00:00.001). The number of magnitude in accuracy can only be equaled by converting the 0.001 to powers of (x10). There is just not enough space on screen or paper and additional dimension can still be added to absolute time.

A little background on this topic and research to find this information, it was done to formulate a 2-D recognition of distance for computer gaming. On top of this there was added an axiom formulated from an addition form of advanced calculus. Not mentioned here. Again removing Pi for a stable numerical rational state of calculation. It is not clear to me that Isaac Newton’s work, or some-one else’s work prior to his was properly represented. The mathematics here are all in different process of testing. As it is the testing process which is the foundation of patent’s and the writings which are simply copy right reserved.  All rights reserved.

John_C_87 said:

Evidence you are simply looking in the wrong place for the evidence of time. Time is a series of distanced on earth set by degree, a tape at scale can be replaced with a sextant and transit all inches can be replaced with seconds. We can go on to add a dimension of time smaller than second. Well I could you are still working on the reality of advanced calculus mathematics. No insult intended it is extremely complicated.  

Brian Cox Proved that gravity is a motion not created by Elasticity, Modulation and reverberation?

John_C_87

True, inches can be replaced by seconds, or even footballs strung up on a rope, and we can measure a room at 20 football length. And that 1 football = 4 tennis balls for more accurate measurement.

There is nor real dimensions of time, or space, only in sci-fi space called the 13.75 billion year old universe. It's like this video:

John_C - Well I could, you are still working on the reality of advanced calculus mathematics

Calculous, me? Lol, .. you flatter me my friend, I have about 2 years of public education, total. At 25 I could add, subtract, divide, and what else is there, .. oh yeah multiply and I knew the alphabet in three languages, so I could read and write.
    An old atheist friend at work told me I wasn't as dumb as I thought I was, so he made me get my GED. After that, he shown me how to do Trigonometry, and in a few months, there was no trig-problem that I couldn't solve, and if you know the trig involved in a Precision CNC 5-6 axis Aircraft  Machine shop, you would know that's pretty darn good, .. actually, not to brag, .. but at the Tempe shop, we had this ASU Trigonometry Professor come work for a few hours a night to better understand the hands on concept of Trig, .. to better help his students. And one day the Machinists, the Inspectors came across a problem on a blueprint for a critical part thast went on a rocket for NASA that no one could solve, not even this Professor, so there was no way to pass the inspection on part.
    Everyone including my friend who taught me trig tied to figure it out, and then he suggested them to call me in and let me try, .. and I solved it in less than 5 minutes.

Why I'm telling you this is because once I study the problem, I actually see the answer, but because I have no schooling in anything above grade school math, It is difficult for me to express what I 'know'. This is why I use allegories so much.

John_C - Brian Cox Proved that gravity is a motion not created by Elasticity, Modulation and reverberation?

This also "I know" with absolute certainty, that space, time, gravity  don't exist, like I keep explaining. And that I have not found any mathematician, or physicists or cosmologist that could understand either the meaning of Infinite, or the 'nothing'.

It's like with all Religions, once you are convinced that space and time are mathematical concepts, then you will be lured into believing all the imaginary science fiction fairytales that Cosmologist and other Sci-Fientists created (with the help of Disney, and Gene Rodenberry of course). 

So since Brian Cox is just another religious believer in the science fiction universe, you know that "expanding spacetime fabric vacuum that's supposedly riddled with black holes", then no, of course he didn't disprove the imaginary gravity created by Elasticity, Modulation and reverberation, .. why would he? Did you see the YouTube bowling ball and feather drop video? Now that's science, and we seen, that in a vacuum both bowling ball (which is 8,000 time more massive than the feather) and the feather fell to the floor at the same time. But because of Mr. Cox religious belief (which I'm sure you know that Religion requires blind faith) he actually 'believed' that this proved gravity, which it proved the opposite; that gravity does not exist in mass.

Can you show me experiments done on 'gravity' and how the experiments revealed that gravity is created by Elasticity, Modulation and reverberation? Because I thought mass created gravity!?
    That:

1. Gravity is the "force" that attracts a body to the center of the earth, or ANY other physical body having mass

2. This means that anything with mass has a gravitational force.

3. Gravity pulls falling objects to the ground.

4. It applies to objects of all sizes, stating that the more mass an object had, the more it attracted other objects.

Look, here is another Religious meeting for the Pseudoscientists, lead by the, .. (I don't know what he is dressed up as, a Rabbi or a Catholic priest) Lawrence Krauss.

You know, I honestly can't believe how many members he has in his church at ASU? Anyways, would you want to talk real science about some of the "galaxies" he is talking about in the video, .. and this "gravitational waves" that LIGO found?
    We can start with his introduction in the video, regarding Prof. Krauss being an expert on 'dark matter', .. which the Introducer said they have yet to find!? .. Yet he is a scientific expert on it??

John_C_87 said:
    Isaac Newton describes gravity as a form of motion not a power of energy. You do know this right?

@John_C_87 ;

So a log that breaks free from the rocks under water and travels to the surface is "a form of motion", could that be called gravity too?

Then what's all this talk about G-Force? All I heard all my life is how the g-force on Jupiter would crush us, and how on the moon the NASA astronauts were able to fall down and bounce back up again!?

So was that "Elasticity, Modulation and reverberation" that made the Astronaut pop back up a few times,, .. or was it gravity, or cables? I did see the flash off the cable a few times?
    Erfisflat
    John_C_87 said:

Not being the leaned man that Brian Cox is, and with a great deal of respect. After watch the video without sound I have a question as it relates to the mathematics of Time and Neutrons laws of motion. Why was a styrene foam sphere the same size by degree and volume of the looked like a metal ball not used in this experiment? The understanding of vacuum roll in friction, modulation, elasticity, and motion might be better seen/observed clearly as it relates to Neutrons laws of motion.

@John_C_87 ;
    Who is "Neutron"?
    Also, if Brian  Cox is not a learned man, why does NASA allow him to make a fool of them like that?
    No matter what you use in that experiment, if it has mass, it will react the same way, .. all objects have their buoyancy rest between Heaven (lighter) and earth (denser) as defined by God. So no matter what the medium, even in a vacuum everything moves back to it's assigned place between Heaven and Earth.

A helium balloon in air will rise, .. but in a vacuum, it will fall, because the medium 'vacuum' is lighter than the helium.

But IF gravity existed;

1. Gravity is the "force" that attracts a body to the center of the earth, or ANY other physical body having mass.

2. This means that anything with mass has a gravitational force.

3. Gravity pulls falling objects to the ground.

4. It applies to objects of all sizes, stating that the more mass an object had, the more it attracted other objects

then all things with mass would have a set g-force which could easily be measured with todays modern instruments.

I mean come on, if they have instruments like LIGO that can detect 'gravitational waves' millions of light years away, then surely they would have instruments where you could just touch it to different sizes of rocks or metals and get their G-force reading according to their mass and density, .. you would think!?

Erfisflat
  • I apologize in my haste I meant to type Newton. While in my subconscious I was thinking Jimmy Neutron.

Gravity is a motion, gravity is a type of motion.  If you, or any object moves by these types of energy transference it is the motion called gravity. If we are going to be exact in mathematic prediction, we would say a motion of gravity is an action in relationship to energy translated between objects that hold elasticity, modulation, and reverberation.

Falling objects tell us by observation they do not understand a principle of flight or levitation.

Trying to stay on topic with Time travel the analog clock is a translation of mathematics made on a sextant, Hour glass, and rope, a rope with weight and proportioned knots. The motion of gravity is the standard set for times velocity either by us with atomic decay or the falling of sand in an hour glass.

There is a issue with interoperation made on laws of motion in regard to gravity as Newton is said to describe this motion as constant but states by additional law it can be effected by energy. There is a calculus formulation used by geometry which is taking Pi out of the mathematics in absolute Time. You have not seen this in any analog clocks ratio of creation by mathematics principle? 

http://www.preposterousuniverse.com/blog/2014/03/13/einstein-and-pi/

• BonitaVanhooserBonitaVanhooser 143 Pts   -  
     Just like earlier people were thinking it is impossible for man to fly in air similarly, I think future generations would able to travel in time. Few religions also demonstrate towards the reality of travel in time. 
  •  Just like earlier people were thinking it is impossible for man to fly in air similarly, I think future generations would able to travel in time. Few religions also demonstrate towards the reality of travel in time. 

BonitaVanhooser

The irony here is people already travel in time they just are not aware of the implication of the orientation of time and how it really takes place on earth. The point to remember is that longitude is a series of degree that is broken down to hour, minute, and second.

The debate is in the translation to how we synchronized time in the solar system with planets using Year, Month, and Day. Then the Earth’s rotation has Half Day, Hours, Minutes, and Second. Stepping away from the argument on theoretical math like Einstein and mathematics set by laws of motion outside of theory like Isaak Newton.

What I am saying is an additional debate direction  is going back to a place marked by event in known history is not actual Time Travel at all by the mathematics of motion created to formulate Absolute Time. Absolute time is a math formulation for a way to pinpoint our location.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6020 Pts   -  
    @BonitaVanhooser

Well, people have always known that air travel is possible, since they saw birds doing it all the time. It is not that people believed that a human cannot fly due to some property of the Universe - but, rather, that it was very difficult, if not practically impossible, technologically for a human to do so. Even so, there was the notion that eventually it would be possible, just not quite in the way it happened in reality. See the Daedalus and Icarus story from the Greek mythology, for example.

With time, it might be different. For a reason we still have not quite uncovered, our minds seem to only perceive time as moving linearly in one direction. Why not in the other, when the properties of our 4-space in themselves do not give any preference to either direction? Unknown. Maybe this is just how our brains evolved. Or maybe there is a deeper physical principle that has not been discovered yet, making turning time backwards impossible. My personal interpretation is closer to skiing down the hill: it *is* physically possible to ski up the hill, but in practice you end up skiing down the hill with no ability to move backwards, once you have started moving at a certain speed - perhaps the time line we are on presents such a hill, where all things roll down, so to speak.

If this is the case, then, in principle, it might be possible to eventually turn the time backwards. However, the paradoxes that arise in such case indicate that either this model is wrong, or that we are missing some fundamental piece of knowledge resolving the paradoxes. And it also is not clear how to go about it technologically, since every technology we develop, in turn, is tied to our current time direction. This loop seems impossible to escape.
  • Time mathematically really only has motion linearly in two directions, it then has an ability to mathematically add demission, meaning it then has additional motion in two direction, or greater detail. Whereas space by principle is X, Y, and Z dimension which is traveled by motion only.

If a suggestion could be made. Designed Matter Energy Continuity Replication (Rights Reserved) is not your words for Time Travel but probably should be. Time is a mathematic principle and we should start with basics Year, month, week, and day are not actual part of the same principle mathematically as Whole Day, Half Day, Hour, Minute, and Second.  

They very well could be, someday, and we will not even have to go backward at all to get there.

John_C_87 said:

I apologize in my haste I meant to type Newton. While in my subconscious I was thinking Jimmy Neutron.

Gravity is a motion, gravity is a type of motion.  If you, or any object moves by these types of energy transference it is the motion called gravity. If we are going to be exact in mathematic prediction, we would say a motion of gravity is an action in relationship to energy translated between objects that hold elasticity, modulation, and reverberation.

Falling objects tell us by observation they do not understand a principle of flight or levitation.

Trying to stay on topic with Time travel the analog clock is a translation of mathematics made on a sextant, Hour glass, and rope, a rope with weight and proportioned knots. The motion of gravity is the standard set for times velocity either by us with atomic decay or the falling of sand in an hour glass.

There is a issue with interoperation made on laws of motion in regard to gravity as Newton is said to describe this motion as constant but states by additional law it can be effected by energy. There is a calculus formulation used by geometry which is taking Pi out of the mathematics in absolute Time. You have not seen this in any analog clocks ratio of creation by mathematics principle? 

http://www.preposterousuniverse.com/blog/2014/03/13/einstein-and-pi/

@John_C_87 .. the falling of sand in an hour glass

The falling of sand in an hour glass; is the falling of sand in an hour glass, and not time. The word time is just a metaphor for the falling of sand, or the gears in a clock turned by a spring etc.

The rest you present is pseudoscience, for the Believers and followers of Sci-Fientology, which I have no interest in.

I've shown how you cannot travel on something that doesn't really exist, like "time or space".
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -   edited August 2018
     Just like earlier people were thinking it is impossible for man to fly in air similarly, I think future generations would able to travel in time. Few religions also demonstrate towards the reality of travel in time. 

@BonitaVanhooser
    .. How could anyone travel in the "falling sand in an hourglass", or somehow travel in the hands of a clock going in circles? Don't you see that that's what we call time, hands on a clock going in circles.

Image result for picture of a giant clock on the ground  Check out this Time Machine in the Park!?

Do you actually believe that if you walked counter-clockwise on top of this clock in the park, that you would be going into the 'past'? Or if you outran the hands going 'clockwise' that you would be actually going into the future? Well that's how senseless the idea of 'time travel' really is.

MayCaesar said:
    @BonitaVanhooser

Well, people have always known that air travel is possible, since they saw birds doing it all the time. It is not that people believed that a human cannot fly due to some property of the Universe - but, rather, that it was very difficult, if not practically impossible, technologically for a human to do so. Even so, there was the notion that eventually it would be possible, just not quite in the way it happened in reality. See the Daedalus and Icarus story from the Greek mythology, for example.

With time, it might be different. For a reason we still have not quite uncovered, our minds seem to only perceive time as moving linearly in one direction. Why not in the other, when the properties of our 4-space in themselves do not give any preference to either direction? Unknown.
    @MayCaesar , .. it may have been unknown until now, .. here:
    No one has ever perceived time moving in ANY direction, I guarantee it. All we can observe is the present.

Look, let's say you write a poem,, and you put it away before anyone else reads it.
    40 years later, you grand children find it in Grandpa's attic and read it to you, .. your grandchildren just took you back in time 40 years, but did it in the 'present'.

You heard of time capsules opened; 20 years, 50 years and even 100 years later, but the items, Newspaper clippings are always seen and read in the present. So yes, That's the Only Way we can time travel to the past, or the future, .. in the present.
    Traveling to the future; ..  whatever we do today, we see it being 'done' in the future. When it's all done, look at it, .. we look in the past. But it all takes place in the here and now, in the 'present'.

Erfisflat

• I've shown how you cannot travel on something that doesn't really exist, like "time or space".

No you have not. What you have done is ignore the understanding that time is a mathematical creation. We travel in time like any other human invention. No more, no less. Being unable, or unwilling to apply a mathematical principle to an area does not make it unreal.

The falling of sand is a simply a portable measurement of a speed of gravitation, while the knot on the line of rope with weight was a method of finding a ships present speed. Time is/was a translation made on those things. The issue is over plagiarism of Time by both science, and science in the form of sci-fi. You are dictating the plagiarism forward in you assessment of Time.

To move a person or object into the past, into the future with a set location would not be called Time travel. By scientific explanation it would be something along the line of Designed Matter Energy Continuality Replication. The only real argument we debate is you are right, but in the wrong way. Moving into the past is not Time Travel it is just reshaping matter and energy. Time is real, and is traveled every day. The irony is that traveling into the past is simple going back to a place you had already travelled to, and travelling to the future is plotting a course with an estimated Time of arrival, (E.T.A.)

So let’s say. “In traveling into a past Designed Matter Energy Continuality Replication. We are taking what was once just energy matter as replication of nature, and making it a continuality by human design and mapping.” Meaning it becomes a reoccurrence at human whim. As this is theory the idea may be real, or unreal and the point of argument by this theory is in mapping history through light as energy reflected in back ground ration. Again (All Rights Reserved.) as I like this story. Lol.

Nice Time Machine but it isn’t a Designed Matter Energy Continuality Replication Machine.

By the way a sun dial and clock are not the same though look quite similar. A sun dial doesn’t take the place of an hour glass it takes the place of the sextant, with less detail in displaying hours. It can be used to set the start of an hour glass to define a duration called hour in a form of motion by degree and angle. With the sextant this is done as a guide to set the lines of longitude on earth. Two circles and numbers of degree on each are used to intersect angles to set described circles a set distance apart. Instead of inches, centimeter, foot, yard, meter, Kilometer, and mile, we then sail by heading on a compass within 360 degrees.

• Einstein's special theory of relativity. "Einstein showed that there isn't a universal time, your time and my time get out of step with each other if we move differently." In other words, the duration of time between two events can vary depending on how fast you are moving in the period between the events.

To understand what you are really saying I am going to make a translation for you. Unless proven otherwise by information you are not sharing. What Einstein showed everyone in plain language was a math limitation created when Absolute Time was taken away from lines of latitude on earth. Not that Absolute Time was absent in space simply Absolute Time simply was beyond his understanding for calibration. An additional knowledge was necessary to make the calibration he could not find on the formulation of Absolute Time.  

Time having multiple dimensions is an interesting idea, and some variations of String theories consider spacetimes with multiple spatial and multiple time dimensions. One of the problems with these theories is that there does not seem to be an easy way to describe the trajectory the timeline makes in the multi-dimensional time space.

Suppose we have three coordinates: x, y, z - and two times: t1, t2. Since time appears to run in one direction to our perception, we cannot really measure t1 or t2 at a given moment; we can only measure some one-dimensional function from t1 and t2. Suppose this function is very simple: t(t1, t2) = a*t1 + b*t2, with a and b being some theoretical constants. This t(t1, t2) is what we measure in our lab.
    How do we determine a and b, knowing only t and not even knowing t1 and t2 to which this t corresponds? And it gets even worse if we do not know what the function t(t1, t2) looks like. We end up with having to analyze the results of unknown mapping of variables with unknown values on a one-dimensional space. This problem, strictly speaking, does not have a singular mathematical solution.

I am not intimately familiar with String theories, but from what I understand, they theorize that the original dimensions of time are hidden and collapse into one dimension on the scale we can reasonably make our modern observations - and there is no mapping function and, instead, there are only properties of a very complicated spacetime and very complicated and diverse strings. I wonder if we are digging too far, trying to find a solution to a problem that does not exist.
  • Time having multiple dimension is not an idea it is mathematic basic fact. lol. There is no such thing as Space-Time there is space X, Y, and Z, and there is Absolute Time (00:00:00:00) they are not relative as Time removes Pi through calculus and space does not. Dimensions of Time 1-4 (00:00:00:00) dimensions 5-8 (00:000:000:000) dimensions 9-12(000:0000:0000:0000)

Times constant is 360 degrees of a circle as lines of latitude on a map or globe.

Evidence
    John_C_87 said:

I've shown how you cannot travel on something that doesn't really exist, like "time or space".

No you have not. What you have done is ignore the understanding that time is a mathematical creation. We travel in time like any other human invention. No more, no less. Being unable, or unwilling to apply a mathematical principle to an area does not make it unreal.

The falling of sand is a simply a portable measurement of a speed of gravitation, while the knot on the line of rope with weight was a method of finding a ships present speed. Time is/was a translation made on those things. The issue is over plagiarism of Time by both science, and science in the form of sci-fi. You are dictating the plagiarism forward in you assessment of Time.

To move a person or object into the past, into the future with a set location would not be called Time travel. By scientific explanation it would be something along the line of Designed Matter Energy Continuality Replication. The only real argument we debate is you are right, but in the wrong way. Moving into the past is not Time Travel it is just reshaping matter and energy. Time is real, and is traveled every day. The irony is that traveling into the past is simple going back to a place you had already travelled to, and travelling to the future is plotting a course with an estimated Time of arrival, (E.T.A.)

So let’s say. “In traveling into a past Designed Matter Energy Continuality Replication. We are taking what was once just energy matter as replication of nature, and making it a continuality by human design and mapping.” Meaning it becomes a reoccurrence at human whim. As this is theory the idea may be real, or unreal and the point of argument by this theory is in mapping history through light as energy reflected in back ground ration. Again (All Rights Reserved.) as I like this story. Lol.

Nice Time Machine but it isn’t a Designed Matter Energy Continuality Replication Machine.

By the way a sun dial and clock are not the same though look quite similar. A sun dial doesn’t take the place of an hour glass it takes the place of the sextant, with less detail in displaying hours. It can be used to set the start of an hour glass to define a duration called hour in a form of motion by degree and angle. With the sextant this is done as a guide to set the lines of longitude on earth. Two circles and numbers of degree on each are used to intersect angles to set described circles a set distance apart. Instead of inches, centimeter, foot, yard, meter, Kilometer, and mile, we then sail by heading on a compass within 360 degrees.

Evidence said: 've shown how you cannot travel on something that doesn't really exist, like "time or space"
    @John_C_87 No you have not. What you have done is ignore the understanding that time is a mathematical creation. We travel in time like any other human invention. No more, no less. Being unable, or unwilling to apply a mathematical principle to an area does not make it unreal.

I was talking 'real science', .. you know the definition of science don't you?
    Again, .. what you are talking about is science fiction. Look, I understand your confusion between the two, because: In 1968, the world was introduced to the greatest Nazi/Zionist illusion the modern world has ever known with that Moon-Landing Hoax, .. which sealed the delusion of Globe Earth that the god of this earth was pushing for the past 500 years as a reality in the minds of men. This is Religion-created faith.
    There on globe-earth, space ships make trips to, and dock effortlessly with space stations, .. land on imaginary planets and so on in the minds of the brainwashed gullible masses. Ever since then, the Leader of the World Governments could pass off a painting of, .. you know, that Star Wars planet Tatooine as a real object in this mathematical imaginary spacetime vacuum. And what is even more frightening is that NASA can sell tickets for future travel there, and have people lined up for it like they do for the new I-Phones!

Image result for pic of people lined up for new iphones  I can imagine the line for NASA offering "Free Trip to Tatooine" lol

And you mentioned "background radiation", .. so we're done here, .. I am anyways, .. unless you start a new science fiction Post about time travel, visiting Yoda in the Dagobah system, create more details about the Ewok, those hunter-gatherers resembling teddy bears that inhabit the forest moon of Endor who live in various arboreal huts and other simple dwellings. There we can talk about time travel, gravity, and Spacetime-mathematics.

Related image Endor

@John_C_87

These are not really dimensions though, these are finer measurements. You can measure, say, hours; then you improve your methods and you can also measure minutes, then seconds, then milliseconds, then microseconds, then femtoseconds and so on... These are all measurements of the same variable on the same axis, just with different resolution.

The idea of a multidimensional time is different: it suggests that time does not just go backwards or forward, it can also go up and down, left and right, and so on. It is a very bizarre construct at the first glance, but it makes quite a bit of sense if we consider the analogy with the theory of holographic Universe, where everything we see is actually a projection from the world containing more than 3 spatial dimensions.

The problem is the discrepancy between a theoretical formulation and the possibility of evidential support for such constructs. If we can only measure a projection of something, or, as in case of String theories, a collapse of dimensions due to insufficient observation resolution - then, mathematically, we can never determine the actual structure of the world, we can only exclude an infinity of possibilities, but still leave a lower-order infinity of possibilities. Physically, it has never been a problem for us, but physically we have always been moving towards a finer and finer understanding of the Universe - and the String theory is supposed to be as fundamental as humanity can ever get to the "basic" structure of the Universe, hence, arguable, there would be nothing to discover beyond that, and that infinity of possibilities will always loom about as the ultimate humiliation for humans who thought they could understand the Universe.
  • Okay to explain absolute time. In order to create a straight line from a circle’s circumference without the use of irrational states of Pi a distance between two circles is created by use of multiple angles of degree as physical dimension, creating four lines that intersect in three places at a distance set as ½ the circumference. A triangle.

A dimension of time is seen in two places of the mathematic principle. First it is spotted in the group of the first four lines that intersect in three places between two circles. This is important as it dictates that the math cannot go over three dimensions per array. The second place dimension by Time is in the expansion of scale by size in the pair of circles used to set the four lines which intersect in three places. A hidden facture of the geometry/calculus is that not every circle can be used to hold Time, there is a mathematic formulations to area. As it is held uniform to do away with a directed diameter circumference disproportion.

A person for simplistic sake can change a ratio but it has direct effect on its accuracy as a result. 

• Evidence said:
    John_C_87 said:

Evidence said: 've shown how you cannot travel on something that doesn't really exist, like "time or space"
    @John_C_87 No you have not. What you have done is ignore the understanding that time is a mathematical creation. We travel in time like any other human invention. No more, no less. Being unable, or unwilling to apply a mathematical principle to an area does not make it unreal.

Evidence you are not talking real science as real science knows Time is not an energy it is a measurement. As for scientific fact. It is mathematically impossible to drawl any circle to which its diameter is not directly proportionate to the circumference of a second circle. This means that Pi can be placed in a rational state simply by entering it into a ratio. So get a grip.

However in the case of Time Pi is simply eliminated as it directly translating degrees to a portion of circumference of a circle using geometry combined with calculus. This is something obviously not done with digital Time which simply places a second ratio into the mathematical concept of Time plagiarizing the original mathematics. All this is done due to fact Pi is not ration to perform this simple math task.

Time and space are not ruled by science they are mathematic. Much as I hate the idea of fix equation, I do understand it is a form of real science, not real mathematics as the numbers are created by the process not the numerical possibilities.

Time Travel is possible though highly unlikely. At the start it should be known what is called Time Travel is not in any fact traveling in time as we travel in time every day. Any two way trip that involved a return to where a person started is going forward and backward in time. According to the math. For the sake of discussion in the forum I address a mathematic translation as Matter Energy Continuality. As it is simply a way not to plagiarizing Mathematical Time in contradiction of fact that just supports the public plagiarizing being capitalized on.

Okay little buddy?

• Evidence said:
    John_C_87 said:

Evidence you are not talking real science as real science knows Time is not an energy it is a measurement. As for scientific fact. It is mathematically impossible to drawl any circle to which its diameter is not directly proportionate to the circumference of a second circle. This means that Pi can be placed in a rational state simply by entering it into a ratio. So get a grip.

However in the case of Time Pi is simply eliminated as it directly translating degrees to a portion of circumference of a circle using geometry combined with calculus. This is something obviously not done with digital Time which simply places a second ratio into the mathematical concept of Time plagiarizing the original mathematics. All this is done due to fact Pi is not ration to perform this simple math task.

Time and space are not ruled by science they are mathematic. Much as I hate the idea of fix equation, I do understand it is a form of real science, not real mathematics as the numbers are created by the process not the numerical possibilities.

Time Travel is possible though highly unlikely. At the start it should be known what is called Time Travel is not in any fact traveling in time as we travel in time every day. Any two way trip that involved a return to where a person started is going forward and backward in time. According to the math. For the sake of discussion in the forum I address a mathematic translation as Matter Energy Continuality. As it is simply a way not to plagiarizing Mathematical Time in contradiction of fact that just supports the public plagiarizing being capitalized on.

Okay little buddy?

• Is Time travel really moving through points in history or is that Matter Energy Continuality?

I never got a straight answer, it’s not that I am making something up out of the blue. I just do not see how they would be the same.

John_C_87 said:
    Evidence said:
    John_C_87 said:

Okay little buddy?

"Okay little buddy"??  
    I guess one of the defenses of this BB-Evolution Religion, (imaginary time and space expanded by gravity) is patronizing Creationists!

@John_C_87 Evidence you are not talking real science as real science knows Time is not an energy it is a measurement.

So here you are talking in the science section about a "measurement"? Isn't that like talking about all the things you did with the "Ten Years" I gave you earlier? Here, let me give you "Ten years, and two miles, fifty years in the future" and see what you can do with it? Use mathematics, cosmology, or whatever pseudoscience you choose?

This is the science section, the OP is "Time Travel to the Past is Possible", and organizations like NASA, SpaceX, CERN are robbing us billions of dollars a month for stories like the ones you are trying to pass off as real science. So like I said, if we had this in the Science Fiction, .. or even in the Religion section, we could get into it more!? But not as a real scientific possibility. 

John_C - Time and space are not ruled by science they are mathematic. Much as I hate the idea of fix equation, I do understand it is a form of real science, not real mathematics as the numbers are created by the process not the numerical possibilities.

Again, how could something like "time and space" that are not real be a form of "real science" because you created some math to explain it? The math is also just used in science, not something tangible.
    We have to keep a clear distinction between observable reality, and science fiction explained through pseudoscience, or we will loose our perspective on reality. (I know, it's too late!)

So in the science Forum we have to make sure that we all agree that: "Time Travel to the Past is NOT Possible",
    Now if you just want to talk about a form of mathematics on what we call time, using Pi and Trig, .. in another OP, I'm for it.

I actually invented a bicycle "time machine" (r)  which uses Einstein's "Special Relativity" theory, and works exactly like he said it would.
    "The faster you go, the slower time passes on the bike!"
  • Evidence said:

So in the science Forum we have to make sure that we all agree that: "Time Travel to the Past is NOT Possible",
    Now if you just want to talk about a form of mathematics on what we call time, using Pi and Trig, .. in another OP, I'm for it.

I actually invented a bicycle "time machine" (r)  which uses Einstein's "Special Relativity" theory, and works exactly like he said it would.
    "The faster you go, the slower time passes on the bike!"

Not it is not pseudoscience.

Time Travel to the past is scientifically possible as fact. Ignoring the plagiarizing that is supported by many in science the idea of Time Travel to the past is supported by passing a time zone and turning you clock back as a response to that motion. We then travel to the future when we must set the clocks ahead as a result of traveling in a different direction. It is that easy to prove and anything else is a direct result of the plagiarizing taking place with Time.

So how many scientists have travelled internationally and had to reset their clocks as a direct result of their traveling through time?

If science is supporting a plagiarizing of time there should have been a correction made instead of using the theft of credit to work that is protected by mathematics. Was this possible? Yes it was and never took place. Even now there appears to be an excuse being given for this known wrong to the education process. Should I be apologizing as the Real, Truthful, and Correct answer was too simple for the complex mind to take credit for?

• xMathFanx said:

Time Travel to the Past is Impossible 

The fundamental question of this debate is, "Is it possible to time travel to the past in a "Back to the Future" type format?" That is, could you travel into the past and meet your parents before you were born? Could you travel back to the "Wild West"?, ect., ect.

Thoughts?
    Yes Time Travel to the past is possible and happens every day. What is being described is not Time Travel it is simply something else.

• Now if you just want to talk about a form of mathematics on what we call time, using Pi and Trig, .. in another OP, I'm for it.

I want to talk about the plagiarizing of time, or at least the acknowledgment of multi forms of time. A Year, Month, and Day is not the same measurement mathematically as Day: Hour: Minute: Second. The numerical sequence is not square, it starts out that way but is corrupted. Like I said we can skip all the mathematics and just work on plagiarism. Why do you think Science and religion supports it in this case?
  • Evidence said:

We have to keep a clear distinction between observable reality, and science fiction explained through pseudoscience, or we will loose our perspective on reality. (I know, it's too late!)

( Do you?)

Keeping in mind that when we travel on the earth we change are clocks forward or backward in time. Meaning we have moved forward or backward in time. Observable if such a process must take place to keep the correct time on a clock we are holding. If a person were to build a space ship and not a bicycle to fly around the sun in front of the earth’s orbit. They would then be moving in months not days on their calendar forward. When flying the opposite direction of the earth’s orbit around the sun the months would change to early months in the year. This too is the impossible Time travel into the past those in the science forum believe is impossible due to plagiarism? Are you sure the group didn't just overlook the obvious?

The funny thing is no matter how many times, or no matter how far past the speed of light we go people would not age in years like Einstein predicted, even though the months change constantly depending on direction. Warning!!! You may however shoot off into deep space never to be heard from again as you will become hopelessly lost. this is what was proven with the analog clock and the year will remain constant.

Look at the bright side. This grievance is not because I am smarter than anyone. That's for sure.
    John_C_87 said:

I want to talk about the plagiarizing of time, or at least the acknowledgment of multi forms of time. A Year, Month, and Day is not the same measurement mathematically as Day: Hour: Minute: Second. The numerical sequence is not square, it starts out that way but is corrupted. Like I said we can skip all the mathematics and just work on plagiarism. Why do you think Science and religion supports it in this case?
    John_C_87 said:
    Evidence said:

( Do you?)

Keeping in mind that when we travel on the earth we change are clocks forward or backward in time. Meaning we have moved forward or backward in time. Observable if such a process must take place to keep the correct time on a clock we are holding. If a person were to build a space ship and not a bicycle to fly around the sun in front of the earth’s orbit. They would then be moving in months not days on their calendar forward. When flying the opposite direction of the earth’s orbit around the sun the months would change to early months in the year. This too is the impossible Time travel into the past those in the science forum believe is impossible due to plagiarism? Are you sure the group didn't just overlook the obvious?

The funny thing is no matter how many times, or no matter how far past the speed of light we go people would not age in years like Einstein predicted, even though the months change constantly depending on direction. Warning!!! You may however shoot off into deep space never to be heard from again as you will become hopelessly lost. this is what was proven with the analog clock and the year will remain constant.

Look at the bright side. This grievance is not because I am smarter than anyone. That's for sure.

@John_C_87 ;
    How about we define "time travel" first?

Google - 
    time travel
    noun
    (in science fiction) the action of traveling through time into the past or the future.

Here is how I understand time travel: Let's say in it's 3rd year of its 5 year mission to go where no man has gone before, at exactly 1:30 PM Thursday Star date 2130 Federation time, and suddenly the ship and the crew of the ISS-Enterprise enters a wormhole in the Spacetime fabric, and suddenly their clock shows Friday 13th 1976

* They didn't touch their clocks, the clocks simply shows this new date and time

This is what I understand time travel to mean, .. it includes another "present" where if they called back home, they wouldn't even been born yet. Is this how you understand time travel, or you think flying West into another time zone could be considered time travel also?
  • Wow! Really….( laugh )

Um, not that I mind your use of Google, however it is not a goal to change your mind or googles search engine. The idea of the forum is simply supporting a plagiarism that has been taking place for some time. One reinforced by science fiction on a real event that takes place on earth with a very limited effect on outcome as people have taken time for granted. Maybe it is just second nature for them to do so. A person does not have to learn something, a person may choose to learn something else, or can choose to learn at their own pace.  

I am pretty sure Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner also both when travailing abroad adjusted their watches and travelled through time boldly going where many have gone before. One outcome does not affect the other in this case. Do you agree?

John_C_87 said:

Wow! Really….( laugh )

Um, not that I mind your use of Google, however it is not a goal to change your mind or googles search engine. The idea of the forum is simply supporting a plagiarism that has been taking place for some time. One reinforced by science fiction on a real event that takes place on earth with a very limited effect on outcome as people have taken time for granted. Maybe it is just second nature for them to do so. A person does not have to learn something, a person may choose to learn something else, or can choose to learn at their own pace.  

I am pretty sure Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner also both when travailing abroad adjusted their watches and travelled through time boldly going where many have gone before. One outcome does not affect the other in this case. Do you agree?

Oh come on @John_C_87 you know there is no expanding Spacetime Fabric up there where our stars are, nor is time something tangible. Nobody is plagiarizing time, .. it doesn't exist. So people of the world can keep all kinds of different times, and all be right.

Also, if we were to take the supersonic X-15 jet (which has a max speed of 4,473.87 m/p/h), we could easily keep up with the sun that's traveling at 1035.7 m/p/h, which according to you would stop time for those in the jet, .. while for everyone else on earth, time would be passing as usual.

Related image

You see, this is where 'time' is made real, in quantum physics as taught by Religious spirituality, .. connecting the mind with principalities and the powers of dark-matter.

God bless you John_C
  • There is a deception created when addressing an understanding of Space-Time as expanding in a dimensional universe. Given proper translation and resources there could be a tangible expanding time. What is made clear is the definition of Time-Travel is not what is being talked about when a person is describing to relocate in an area of energy and matter that has change outside the natural boundaries of time, and is no longer present in Time. This type of event is only in reoccurrence of matter and energy.

What can be said is Time can be calibrate to matter and energy, if Time is not translated to matter and energy in is found in the universe it is the fault of the translators, not Time. Going on to write of course a plagiarism takes place on the word time. It is used for its credit of value to change by motion, we gain and lose time by motions measured by a minimal velocity. It is only the amount of value credit which is elaborated on in the plagiarism. The jet would not stop time as it flew according to time in its possible four space increments hour, minute, second, and mile, it would travel continually into the past, present, and future by a controlled duration of hour, minute, and seconds not mile. The order, the amount of change of this travel would be based on direction the jet moved.  Past, present and future from East to West or West to East will not be the same. Nor would the travel from North to South and South to North but a change is inevitable. No matter or energy need be recreated to place time in a reoccurring state.

The idea that a fast jet is different than a long distance phone call half way around the world to a different time is kind of foolish. The debate is over a unrealistic specification of time travel not the realistic plausibility of Time travel.

John_C_87 said:

There is a deception created when addressing an understanding of Space-Time as expanding in a dimensional universe. Given proper translation and resources there could be a tangible expanding time. What is made clear is the definition of Time-Travel is not what is being talked about when a person is describing to relocate in an area of energy and matter that has change outside the natural boundaries of time, and is no longer present in Time. This type of event is only in reoccurrence of matter and energy.

What can be said is Time can be calibrate to matter and energy, if Time is not translated to matter and energy in is found in the universe it is the fault of the translators, not Time. Going on to write of course a plagiarism takes place on the word time. It is used for its credit of value to change by motion, we gain and lose time by motions measured by a minimal velocity. It is only the amount of value credit which is elaborated on in the plagiarism. The jet would not stop time as it flew according to time in its possible four space increments hour, minute, second, and mile, it would travel continually into the past, present, and future by a controlled duration of hour, minute, and seconds not mile. The order, the amount of change of this travel would be based on direction the jet moved.  Past, present and future from East to West or West to East will not be the same. Nor would the travel from North to South and South to North but a change is inevitable. No matter or energy need be recreated to place time in a reoccurring state.

The idea that a fast jet is different than a long distance phone call half way around the world to a different time is kind of foolish. The debate is over a unrealistic specification of time travel not the realistic plausibility of Time travel.

@John_C_87 .. the debate will be over when you come back to reality, that is our human physical reality where clocks, long distance phone calls, traveling 'with' the sun can all effect the illusion we call "time".

Time does NOT exist, .. only the present, the now exists.
    I write this response in the 'now', .. when you read it, I guarantee that it will be in the 'now'. Not in an hour, or a day, or a year, but in the 'now', .. because?
    Because Only The Now/present the Great "I Am" exists in the form of Infinite and Eternal. The rest was created by Him, including "time", which can be anything we make it to be, .. yes, including some expandable elastic fabric called "Spacetime Fabric".

• Evidence.

The now you speak has many dimensions of time, we see the effect of dimension by the creation of Time-zones in the now. It is the motion through the zones of time which is Time travel. Moving into a reoccurrence of matter and energy is not only Time Travel it might be best described as something else in the debate. For if a person had moved in energy and matter to a reoccurrence of history the measuring of time can still would be undertaken. Meaning this too is a form of Time Travel but it is not only Time Travel. It is a combination of two completely separate things.

You can try and turn anything you would like into anything else as long as the object of your change does not have a self-value that can be defended, as it is held by others you may have a grievance. All ideas of adlib are not as obvious as making a mud pie were people create a pie of dirt and water. We see the dirt and hopefully know not to eat it as dirt eating has been reserved for some of our sports.

John_C_87 said:

Evidence.

The now you speak has many dimensions of time, we see the effect of dimension by the creation of Time-zones in the now. It is the motion through the zones of time which is Time travel. Moving into a reoccurrence of matter and energy is not only Time Travel it might be best described as something else in the debate. For if a person had moved in energy and matter to a reoccurrence of history the measuring of time can still would be undertaken. Meaning this too is a form of Time Travel but it is not only Time Travel. It is a combination of two completely separate things.

You can try and turn anything you would like into anything else as long as the object of your change does not have a self-value that can be defended, as it is held by others you may have a grievance. All ideas of adlib are not as obvious as making a mud pie were people create a pie of dirt and water. We see the dirt and hopefully know not to eat it as dirt eating has been reserved for some of our sports.

@John_C_87

I understand what you are saying, but what's in our memory is of "instances of the present/now" and yes, I remember them mud pies in my youth, and how terrible it tasted, cause I have that stored in memory as frames of "now's", and when I access it, it is there, .. in the now.
    I can make another mud pie now, and tasted in the now. and can compare it with the other now mud pie in my memory.

Time zones are in the now. My family in Michigan have a different time zone, and I can call them, and when we speak, it is in the 'now' and all illusion of time vanishes. All we care and attend to is of, and in the now.

John_C_87 For if a person had moved in energy and matter to a reoccurrence of history the measuring of time can still would be undertaken. Meaning this too is a form of Time Travel but it is not only Time Travel. It is a combination of two completely separate things.

That's the thing, that we cannot move energy or matter out of the present, out of the now. How would you even do that, or detect it in history, to be able to say: "yep, right now it's there in 1905, New York" when the detection itself would be in the present, in the now! .. you know what I mean?

My friend John, I was hoping that by now you would understand the Biblical, scientific and philosophical/obvious description of God in whose image we were created, the One and Only Possible: "Infinite and Eternal I Am" . Not "I Was", .. or "I Will Be" (as some have tried to twist it), but the past, the present and the future in One "I Am".
    Not our bodies of course, but who we really are, our spirit/soul, the one given into our bodies by God Himself, .. that "breath of life". This is how (using our Infinite mind) we understand God; not a being, but "the ground of being Infinite", which by it's own nature is also Eternal.

One must understand "ground of being infinite and Eternal"  to actually see the unreality of time.

I'm asking you: "have you seen, or have you ever heard anyone ever do anything in the past or in the future? Has anyone ever heard, or know of anyone to have ever lived in the past or in the future? If not, why try to travel there since obviously it doesn't exists.
  • Moving in Time zones are moving into the past and future by dimension of Time. Changing matter and energy to reoccurrence is not traveling in time. The traveling in time takes place when the destination of reoccurrence is measured by the mathematical understanding of Time.

My goal is to simply represent constitutional understandings. There is a religious interpretation of God and a mathematical interpretation of GOD which describes the word as an axiom. As both sides are represented does not mean I lack understanding in either side.

It is not that Time is real or unreal it is that it is said to be inconsequential and therefore not protected from plagiarism in even the simplest of ways. I have heard of people who shape matter and energy to their desire. Has it reach the type of control required to manipulate energy and mater to a reoccurrence of any kind? None that would form the shape of knowledge we hold of a past outside of a stage or scene.

All of this is simply one idea of what time travel should be based on plagiarism of time. It does not change the simple fact that time travel is possible and happens every day by billions of people to one extent. The point of the mud pie was to understand it is an improper use of the word pie. Even as a child we knew it was not a pie the knowledge of the fact did not make the blob of mud unreal.

John_C_87 said:

Moving in Time zones are moving into the past and future by dimension of Time. Changing matter and energy to reoccurrence is not traveling in time. The traveling in time takes place when the destination of reoccurrence is measured by the mathematical understanding of Time.

My goal is to simply represent constitutional understandings. There is a religious interpretation of God and a mathematical interpretation of GOD which describes the word as an axiom. As both sides are represented does not mean I lack understanding in either side.

It is not that Time is real or unreal it is that it is said to be inconsequential and therefore not protected from plagiarism in even the simplest of ways. I have heard of people who shape matter and energy to their desire. Has it reach the type of control required to manipulate energy and mater to a reoccurrence of any kind? None that would form the shape of knowledge we hold of a past outside of a stage or scene.

All of this is simply one idea of what time travel should be based on plagiarism of time. It does not change the simple fact that time travel is possible and happens every day by billions of people to one extent. The point of the mud pie was to understand it is an improper use of the word pie. Even as a child we knew it was not a pie the knowledge of the fact did not make the blob of mud unreal.

@John_C_87 My goal is to simply represent constitutional understandings. There is a religious interpretation of God and a mathematical interpretation of GOD which describes the word as an axiom. As both sides are represented does not mean I lack understanding in either side.

Infinite "I Am"  is neither a Religion-god nor a mathematical-god, so understanding either or both of those versions will not help you. You'll have to use your spiritual mind to understand God, for God Is Spirit.

Once you understand/see God with your spirit, you will understand the meaninglessness of "time", and the impossibility of "time travel" for a spiritual person who's outside of time..

I see the physical world and everything that's happening in it is like a huge reel of film, where not one frame in there actually moves, and it is all there, "the Beginning and the End", ..  frame by frame, in the present. So one frame cannot travel into another.

John_C -Even as a child we knew it was not a pie the knowledge of the fact did not make the blob of mud unreal.

What's that supposed to mean, that if we call mud "pie", it makes it so!?  Like the clock gears turning two hands, .. and we, like children calling mud pie call it "time", .. so we should accept time as real?
  • Evidence said:

Infinite "I Am"  is neither a Religion-god nor a mathematical-god, so understanding either or both of those versions will not help you. You'll have to use your spiritual mind to understand God, for God Is Spirit.

What's that supposed to mean, that if we call mud "pie", it makes it so!?  Like the clock gears turning two hands, .. and we, like children calling mud pie call it "time", .. so we should accept time as real?

Infinite “ I am” is both religion and mathematics. (“I am.” = 1) while (“I am.” = a belief that is shared publicly) interjecting philosophy does not change these things. God does not need know time. Can God keep Time is the question? How accurate is the Time God choses?

Is there a desire to keep Time from the heavens? Meaning is there an agenda to not allow time into outer-space or is it due to lack of ability to translate time into out-space. Atomic Time was the hope of mathematic translation into the outskirts of our own existence here on Earth. The grievance in the atomic method is it uses a reduction in scale to insinuate that there is more detail in smaller object. This Premise is faulty and has questionable facts to support the theory.

Time is a mathematic ratio set by scientific finding in geometry. That is all that is being said. A mathematic ratio can be changed however the change to ratio can be questioned as it reflects still in science by geometry. “I am not here telling you God must use time. I am here telling you God could use time correctly. There is liberty of choice." 

No, it means if we are looking to make a pie it is going to need at the least a bark crust if not flower crust. And, it will still taste bad but the components of the Pie will be in order.

John_C_87 said:
    Evidence said:

<  >

No, it means if we are looking to make a pie it is going to need at the least a bark crust if not flower crust. And, it will still taste bad but the components of the Pie will be in order.

John_c_87 - Infinite “ I am” is both religion and mathematics. (“I am.” = 1) while (“I am.” = a belief that is shared publicly) interjecting philosophy does not change these things. God does not need know time. Can God keep Time is the question? How accurate is the Time God choses?

Yes, that's mathematically true, "God Is One"
    According to the Bible God does keep time, but from what I understand, it is only when He creates things within the physical realm, .. on earth. Like when He created the Heaven (meaning where His throne is) and the earth, we don't see time being mentioned;

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the Heaven and the earth.

Here is when God mentions time

2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness [a]was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. 3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

Obviously God didn't go by sun up and sun down day-time because the sun didn't exist yet, but called it a day after He completed a task, which could of been any amount sun rotations around our flat earth which we call one day.

John_C-87 - Is there a desire to keep Time from the heavens? Meaning is there an agenda to not allow time into outer-space or is it due to lack of ability to translate time into out-space. Atomic Time was the hope of mathematic translation into the outskirts of our own existence here on Earth. The grievance in the atomic method is it uses a reduction in scale to insinuate that there is more detail in smaller object. This Premise is faulty and has questionable facts to support the theory.

I don't understand what you mean? I know this much, that using smaller increments IS more accurate, having been an aircraft engine parts inspector, I know this.
    As for using time in Heaven with spiritual beings, and Angels created with never dying bodies, meaning to live forever, why would there be a need to have some mechanism like a clock to go by? Time is irrelevant when you live in Eternity, don't you think so?
    When you're done with a task, .. you can call it a day. But why even do that, when you're on to another task!?

There is mention of day and night in Heaven, but no mention of its duration. Also, I doubt the night there is for "rest"?

Revelations 4:8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within.

And they do not rest day or night, saying:

“Holy, holy, holy,
    Lord God Almighty,
    Who was and is and is to come!”

John_C- Time is a mathematic ratio set by scientific finding in geometry. That is all that is being said. A mathematic ratio can be changed however the change to ratio can be questioned as it reflects still in science by geometry. “I am not here telling you God must use time. I am here telling you God could use time correctly. There is liberty of choice."

I don't understand your argument in setting up ratios in the use of a time piece like a clock? Who cares, .. all I care is that everyone goes by the same ratio. Or, we would have bosses using 26 hour/day clocks to pay us by, when a day works out fine with 24 hour increments.

I know that the "components of the Pie will be in order", but when we're talking about time, the only thing stay in order is the gears in a clock (or whatever you choose to use to tell imaginary time with) The pie is the physical clock, .. but we're talking about the imaginary, non existent 'time'.

God bless you John.
  • Is the metric system existent?

Are decimals existent?

Time is the formulation and it is the clock which is the calculator that works the formulations so that a person does not need to. Time is a real thing it is just not located where many believe it should be. At least not yet as the mathematic formulation needs a bit of translation so it can be applied as an application beyond the bounds of earth.

The will for people to explore is great and drives humanity into greater distances of travel. In breaking our earthly bounds it is hoped to return as it allows a story to be told of the journey.

Time is existent and people travel back in time every day. It is just not in the way that is described by stories, and much of science fiction. It is simplistic and less eventful as other colorful exaggerations. In better understanding Time we might one day forecast such things as earthquakes which are also a earthly reality. 

John_C_87 said:

Is the metric system existent?

Are decimals existent?

Time is the formulation and it is the clock which is the calculator that works the formulations so that a person does not need to. Time is a real thing it is just not located where many believe it should be. At least not yet as the mathematic formulation needs a bit of translation so it can be applied as an application beyond the bounds of earth.

The will for people to explore is great and drives humanity into greater distances of travel. In breaking our earthly bounds it is hoped to return as it allows a story to be told of the journey.

Time is existent and people travel back in time every day. It is just not in the way that is described by stories, and much of science fiction. It is simplistic and less eventful as other colorful exaggerations. In better understanding Time we might one day forecast such things as earthquakes which are also a earthly reality. 

@John_C_87 buddy, there is no leaving the bounds of earth, not the NASA/Star Trek way anyways. So if you mean grater distance of travel as in "time travel" it can't happen
    Time is not something tangible, you cannot "travel" on the gears of a clock.
    Like comparing it to a tape measure, .. if I measure two feet off of a 2X4, the 2 feet is not real, I can't give it to you, nor could you use "two feet" for anything, only the 2X4 wood is real.

In better understanding all the presents, the now's can help us better understand future earthquakes, which again will be in the now. Time will not teach us anything, only observing all the "now's" can.

John, do you believe the Big Bang created time and space?

• Time is stickily a human creation. We can travel, or we can travel in time. The preferred method of motion would be to travel in time as this insures an ability to fix position to our motion.