frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Time Travel to the Past Possible?

13»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• The argument at hand is that Time as a ratio has been mathematically corrupted by a post decimic fraction in its translation to computer science.
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    John_C_87 said:
    Time is stickily a human creation. We can travel, or we can travel in time. The preferred method of motion would be to travel in time as this insures an ability to fix position to our motion. 
    Yes, I think I understand what you're saying, .. and yes, only that kind of time travel is possible. Actually, that's the only kind that exists, an illusion of time.

In motion, or standing still, the clock keeps ticking, each 'tick' is a "now". In reality (time wise); in 20 minutes, you'll still be where you started, in the "now", or the present. But like you said, since time is a human creation, measuring, or having a timepiece does give a fixed position to our motion, .. am I understanding you correctly?
    John_C_87 said:
    The argument at hand is that Time as a ratio has been mathematically corrupted by a post decimic fraction in its translation to computer science.

I thought we were talking about "time travel to the past is possible"? So if as you keep saying: "Time is a human creation", are you saying that; they corrupted the ratio use of time? First if I may ask; "how is time a ratio"? Do you mean like when we say: "Half past 2, .. quarter to six, ect." that this has been corrupted?
  • @Evidence  

It is not an illusion it is a mathematic principle like 1 + 1 = 2. The principle can be broken by human use like the given answer 1 + 1 = 11, which can be taken as an algebra equation. (If, 1 = a and a = 5.5 then 1 + 1 = 11) Time is not a trick it is a complex mathematic principle that replaces area by use of direction and fixed motion translated as energy.

It was used to aid early astronomers but has limitation as a mathematic principle. What science fiction does is exaggerate the principle by plagiarizing the value set by principles of Time. Something else becomes scientifically suggested possible to create a greater effect greater than the mathematic principle of Time. The suggestion however is not time.

So Time is not an illusion it is a mathematic principle not fully understood. By lack of understanding the process of principle is not represented as expectations outside its original translation of practice is made. If that makes it easier to understand ? What you are looking at is the misrepresentation and that is the illusion as it is a fraud created by plagiarizing not by math principle “Time.”

• ; "how is time a ratio"? @Evidence ;

I have a habit of over explaining some things. The ratio of Time is between a circles and straight line however it does not use the circles proportion of diameter to circumference to set the line as ratio, as this number is mathematically irrational. 

• The distance from the sun to earth is about 6 light minutes so technically you could go 5 minutes into the past or but woopty doo.  It’s all relative you know. 
  • We laughably posit this question without realizing the horrible underlying truth, to an unfeeling universe of rock and dust all of time is occurring at the same time.  We as ‘observers’ change the perceived universe as we interact with it.  This is not in distpute.  We are trapped by are useless linear physical biological minds in this dimension.  But!  It may be possible to develop technology that could shift a persons’ consciousness into a state of perception that is attached to multiple galactic points, maybe for some things in the universe time has no constraints. 
  • @DarrickJohnston ;

No. It is not all relative.

Also, all Time does not occur at the same Time. Nor; does all time occur at the same instant. Time is proportionate by demission, thus all time takes place in a proportion, it can never be all of one moment by mathematics till placed in a post decimal infraction of mathematics. This is why Time is placed in states of synchronizing according to ratio.  
  • Time in order to be time can be synchronized to one thing. However this is the expression of speech and is not the principle which establishes Time. There is no such thing as light year, there is only a solar year. The problem in resolution is a second is not a mathematical product of the solar year, and light is described by Feet or meters per seconds. Then Light Year.

An important step was mathematically skipped.

We laughably posit this question without realizing the horrible underlying truth, to an unfeeling universe of rock and dust all of time is occurring at the same time.  We as ‘observers’ change the perceived universe as we interact with it.  This is not in distpute.  We are trapped by are useless linear physical biological minds in this dimension.  But!  It may be possible to develop technology that could shift a persons’ consciousness into a state of perception that is attached to multiple galactic points, maybe for some things in the universe time has no constraints. 
    Hello @DarrickJohnston interesting subject time is, but so is talking about Star Wars sci-fi movies, because time is no different than the other imaginations we come up with that's really not part of our reality.
    I mean fairytales are a part, .. but not what we call "reality", the same way with time, size, weight etc. they mean nothing by themselves, just as if I gave you 10-years, .. there is nothing that you could do with it, .. you know what I mean?

I agree with your above quote, but NOT that, (as you said): "trapped by our useless linear physical biological minds in the Created dimension"  because our "minds" is not biological, but infinite, just as Infinite as the Creator who put it into this biological body.

Time, neither the past, nor the future exists for the "physical man" with this "physical brain". But because our "mind" is Infinite, we can observe and record "moments", .. the "now's" in our brains memory banks, just as we can in books, and today on CD-disks or memory-chips/sticks.

The biggest problem in understanding time (and space) is that our "mind" has been manipulated, and brainwashed by MK-Ultra by demonic forces to believe that we, this physical body is 'it', and that the brain (which is no different then our gluteus-maximus is) creates the mind, .. or the "real us". This limits the Real us, the Real me from thinking "outside the box", or outside of this limited, created physical realm. This is what our intelligent and smart friend @John_C-87 is stuck in. So was Einstein, Lorentz, Newton and the rest of the Globetard's both today, and in the past who contributed to this deception like "time travel", .. or the "speed effects".

We can't let this so called "Evolution" lie limit our perception of who we are, which is an infinite spirit within a physical shell, a temple if you will, 

1 Corinthians 3:16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? 20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.

Ecclesiastes 12:6 Remember your Creator before the silver cord is loosed,
    Or the golden bowl is broken,
    Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain,
    Or the wheel broken at the well.
    7 Then the dust will return to the earth as it was,
    And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

Time is an illusion created by our Infinite mind/spirit, by recording all events, all the "now's" in our brains, in books with a time-stamp on them, which we the spirit/mind can look at this in proper order. Not much different than a film-real, and can tell which "moment" preceded the other.

But look, we the spirit/mind is infinite, thus always in the present, in the now. I mean what would a billion years be in Infinite, .. right? When we look at the past recorded pictures (whether in books, in our memory etc.) we are looking at it in the present, in the now.
    The pictures were also recorded in the "now". Thus NOTHING really exists in the past, .. and "nothing" can happen in the future. If it's going to happen, it will happen in the "now", or more correctly; within "Eternity".. nothing can go beyond either Infinite nor Eternal.

What I really can't figure out is: How does Infinite and Eternal-God know the "now's" that didn't happen yet?

I know He is Infinite and Eternal, so nothing can happen in what we call "the future" that's not within Him, .. or within Infinite and Eternity, or in the "Now" .. so is this why God knows all things?
    But that doesn't explain how God knows the "now's" that didn't happen yet!?

Come on you smarter-than-me people, please try to think outside the "physical box", search the Bible (because I know the answers are there) and let's all get on the same track!? Let's do "real science", not this make-believe science fiction fairytale BB-Evolution stuff.

My quest: To understand with my infinite mind/spirit how God can 'know' the now's that didn't happen yet?
  • Time is a mathematic method of measuring area. Space is a second mathematic method of measuring area. Do away with the explanation of detail held by the calculations of each, and they sound real. Time is a prediction of where the earth will be, or where it was. There is a limit of the accuracy of time placed on it by the structure of demission and the calculations need to expand measurable demission.

Is the mathematical calculation of Pi real? Time is a mathematical translation made on Pi by use of direction and motion to establish a ration numerical state of distance in a straight line using a circle. Much like Pi it uses proportion but adds direction and motion. This is due to the fact that Pi’s motion is trapped in the circle it is measuring.

Revelation 21:23 King James Version (KJV)

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

So how would you describe "time" when the measurement of time is no longer needed, .. or not a subject?

• “So how would you describe Time when the measurement of time is no longer needed…. Or not subject?”

In the way you have presented a person might just say it is the axiom of GOD. Having the will to cheat at basic math when no one watches the work is a pointless skill. Having the desire to correct an error when it presents itself is common sense to the user’s discretion.

Are you saying your religion or all religions have no use for mathematical principle which eliminates the irrational numerical state of Pi through using trigonometry for use in principles of algebra?

John_C_87 said:

“So how would you describe Time when the measurement of time is no longer needed…. Or not subject?”

In the way you have presented a person might just say it is the axiom of GOD. Having the will to cheat at basic math when no one watches the work is a pointless skill. Having the desire to correct an error when it presents itself is common sense to the user’s discretion.

Are you saying your religion or all religions have no use for mathematical principle which eliminates the irrational numerical state of Pi through using trigonometry for use in principles of algebra?

What does 'time' have to do with anything in Infinite and Eternal Creator creating umm, .. let's say a time piece like a clock through His Word?
  • First Time is not just one purpose like it is most commonly described by the public. Time would allow a creator of area to translate direction to others in infinite space. Provided it is calibrated and mathematically translated properly to that type area. It would also allow a creator of an infinite, or eternal creation to formulate some equation with a rational result as the answer. Not dictate rule to curb or hide irrationality mathematics.  Meaning without need to round numbers when it relates to area of motion creating uncertainty.

• Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
    John_C_87 said:

First Time is not just one purpose like it is most commonly described by the public. Time would allow a creator of area to translate direction to others in infinite space. Provided it is calibrated and mathematically translated properly to that type area. It would also allow a creator of an infinite, or eternal creation to formulate some equation with a rational result as the answer. Not dictate rule to curb or hide irrationality mathematics.  Meaning without need to round numbers when it relates to area of motion creating uncertainty.

First, there is no "infinite space". Second, there is no infinite and eternal creation, that is just what the BB'ers made our Infinite and Eternal Creator out to be in the minds of men; they turned Infinite God into "finite creation" so they can say "God does not exist, only creation, or things exist".
    Infinite Is God, and the heavens and the earth, and everything in them is His creation, which are In Him, just as when I asked you to; "think of a pool table, and nothing but a pool table in your mind". Now that pool table would be in Infinite, because our mind/spirit is of God. He gave it to us.

Space is just what's 'between' whatever medium we are talking about? If the air, then space is from wherever to wherever the air stops. If water, like the ocean, then space is wherever the ocean ends. In dirt, or the earth, space is wherever the dirt ends. Time is made up, it's not real, so traveling in any medium is possible, but you will do it moment by moment, .. or in "now's", and not traveling in time.
    Mathematics only exist in creation, and we can justify just about anything in creation by mathematics, but mathematics does not exist in Infinite or in Eternal, .. but Infinite and Eternal can create mathematics for reasons, like counting things.
    @John_C_87
    Here is mathematics: If I define;
    1=3
    2=1

then what is 1+2?

Here is time: You have an atomic clock set to a 24 hour solar-day, and I have a watch that's so slow, it takes a week for it to get 24 hour solar day.
    So how much is a solar day?
    Depends whos clock we're going by, .. right?

But, I do understand your concept of time, and your version of "time travel" it is very interesting because I like science fiction.
  • The translation I am explaining is not science fiction it is basic mathematic principle of use of absolute value in relationship to geometry. (Time) It is the scientific translation of this mathematic principle of time which is what you identify as science fiction. Like I said what science calls traveling in time might really be translated by mathematic time as controlled, matter, energy, re-occurrence.

In saying that mathematic Time can be applied as absolute on each end of any controlled re-occurrence as a method of motion in area. There is geometric space and geometric time by their principle of design they are not relative. By plagiarism of mathematic principle each can be describe by mathematician or scientist as relative.

• The translation I am explaining is not science fiction it is basic mathematic principle of use of absolute value in relationship to geometry. (Time) It is the scientific translation of this mathematic principle of time which is what you identify as science fiction. Like I said what science calls traveling in time might really be translated by mathematic time as controlled, matter, energy, re-occurrence.

In saying that mathematic Time can be applied as absolute on each end of any controlled re-occurrence as a method of motion in area. There is geometric space and geometric time by their principle of design they are not relative. By plagiarism of mathematic principle each can be describe by mathematician or scientist as relative Time.

How time is used is that if we create a Time clock on one planet, with time zones, and create a clock on another planet with time zones. The time zones may not be equal. Yet, the two clocks can be used to tell the distance between the two planes accurate. This would be a proper use of the principle of Time.

John_C_87 said:

The translation I am explaining is not science fiction it is basic mathematic principle of use of absolute value in relationship to geometry. (Time) It is the scientific translation of this mathematic principle of time which is what you identify as science fiction. Like I said what science calls traveling in time might really be translated by mathematic time as controlled, matter, energy, re-occurrence.

In saying that mathematic Time can be applied as absolute on each end of any controlled re-occurrence as a method of motion in area. There is geometric space and geometric time by their principle of design they are not relative. By plagiarism of mathematic principle each can be describe by mathematician or scientist as relative Time.

How time is used is that if we create a Time clock on one planet, with time zones, and create a clock on another planet with time zones. The time zones may not be equal. Yet, the two clocks can be used to tell the distance between the two planes accurate. This would be a proper use of the principle of Time. 

@John_C_87 said: traveling in time might really be translated by mathematic time as controlled, matter, energy, re-occurrence.

OK, so if I understand you correctly, when I walk, there is a matter, energy reoccurrence, so you consider this that I am walking in time, correct?
    But so does an electric clock, or that very accurate atomic clock, it too has this same matter/energy reoccurrence with each "passing of time", .. and a clock on another imaginary planet has this reoccurrence, but they all happen in the same "moment". So no matter how you look at it, it is always "what it is", .. not what it was, or what will be.
    But since our mind is "infinite", we can look at the now's, or moments recorded in our brains, or books, and say: this happened before, or in the past, and even figure out how many previous "now's" it happened at.
    But how would you place yourself in past now's physically if all we have is "now"?
    I know, they say you would create a parallel now, but that idea is false because what would be is that you may have two different ages of John in that moment, and no one would think any of it.
    But mentally, with our mind, it is easy. We call it "recollection", .. this is the only place we can travel to the past, and anyone can do it, at any time, just by recollecting the past, or looking it up on Google. (pun intended)

John said: How time is used is that if we create a Time clock on one planet, with time zones, and create a clock on another planet with time zones. The time zones may not be equal. Yet, the two clocks can be used to tell the distance between the two planes accurate. This would be a proper use of the principle of Time.

So you are saying that you could calculate the distance between planes, trains automobiles, or people walking away from each other at different speeds by reading off their clocks/watches? Even if the watches are running at different speeds? Because what you said doesn't make sense in our physical world, just as what quantum physicists say, it only makes sense in their own little universe, .. in their own mindset, .. it's just like sci-fi addicts talking about Star Trek or Star Wars movies, each of these movies have their own jargon. But let's consider what you said in our reality, on this Gods Flat Earth, with stars above the firmament: 

Lets assume the planets are real. To what "relative-to" object are their clocks set to, and what relative-to point are you measuring from?
    What speeds are each objects/planets traveling at, and what relative-to object are they time-dilating to? How do you calculate the special relativistic effects on each clocks so you could start calculating their distance?

In mathematics you have to establish a beginning point before you just start throwing out numbers. So what direction would you start calculating from each planet? Where are 'you' at, relative to these two planets, and how fast, and which multiple directions are you traveling at relative to each planet? Can you give me an idea how you would calculate where these planets are in your expanding Spacetime fabric just by reading off their clocks?

Not only that, but if you measure the speed of an object traveling either away, or towards you, the same speed reading is being generated from the other object perspective. I explained this before, a ship taking off the planet Tatooine all you have is two object "distancing from each other", so you can throw "special relativity" in that huge pile of NASA/CERN trash along with all the other B.S. Einstein said.

But regardless what's real, and what is imaginary, in our mind; "All things are possible", .. so I am interested in how you would start calculating the two planets distances just by reading off their clocks? Can you show me where you would start?
    Thanks John.
  • “OK, so if I understand you correctly, when I walk, there is a matter, energy reoccurrence, so you consider this that I am walking in time, correct?”

What Science calls Time Travel, what writers describe as Time Travel, is not the same as what the mathematic principle of a clock describes as Time Travel. The clock mathematically explains an interpretation made on by plagiarism. There is Time. There is Controlled matter energy reoccurrence. They are simply not the same thing.

There is geometric space. There is Geometric Time. They both describing area in general but separate way. It is the area that is described that is the same. Not the Geometry of that area. The atomic clock more like a sun dial, and not a mathematic principle of Geometry.

• A person being placed in a past in relationship to Solar Clock, Computer Digital Time, or Atomic Time which are interpretations made on the “idea” set as specification of absolute math principle behind the workings of a Time Clock. It is an act of plagiarizing which is taking credit, and creating a stage for a math process that is not reliable, accurate, or sound in relationship to any claims made by its use. As grievance goes what brings this to public attention as an issue is the fact the computer technology now places all programing language with the same issue. As a United State.

In order for a person to be placed at a point of recorded history the process that must take place accordingly to know science fact, is either their energy, matter ratio would need to be equalized to a state of reoccurrence to the greater volume of matter and energy, or it is all the existing energy and matter that would need to be reconfigured to a past model, which would still include their energy and matter. The science fiction idea is that it is the person’s single energy matter level that matters.

The Time be it solar clock, sun dial, atomic clock, or a legitimate “Time Clock” would simply be the tool to which a calibration of matter, energy, and overall condition would be used to make and compare the required level of relativity. Be it exact, or general.

The principle of absolute Time is simple the most accurate measurement of distance ever created. That is why even the speed of light is compared in relationship to second. To detail the grievance in mathematic explanation digital Time is displayed as 12:00:00.000000 with a supposed endless volume of value held to the right of the decimal for detail. This idea if greater detail is a false claim in relationship to the principle of Time.

• Okay, so how a person travels in time in their relationship to a solar time, a legitimate Time clock, atomic clock, and science fiction are not all equal. Meaning not explained by one principle. They are four principle. As this is a grievance that relates to United State patent/patent’s the grievance must be explained in a way it can be recreated, and found. There are different explanations of time travel for all four not one explanation for all of them.

Time was mathematically recorded as 12:00:00: am/pm Not 12:00:00.am.pm.0000000000000 these two ratio together are not compatible with simplification, they are not equal, they are not the same. One must take is self-value as credit from the other to have an appearance only that it can be simplified equally like the other .

Mathematically simplify - having the ability to be made less complicated , clearer, or easier None of these clauses is simplifiable. a simplifiable procedure 2. mathematics (of an equation , fraction , etc) having the ability to be reduced to a simpler form by cancellation of common factors , regrouping of terms in the same variable, etc The teacher should simplify the fractions that are obviously simplifiable. Collins English Dictionary .
  • @Evidence ;

In mathematics you have to establish a beginning point before you just start throwing out numbers. So what direction would you start calculating from each planet? 

Like many Universities I have decided to charge a price for the knowledge I can translate for you. I can tell you it can mathematically be done I simple would rather not share this type of information without legal commitments of cost being met and documentation of the process. As a person might simply just lie about ability to understand.

Where are 'you' at, relative to these two planets, and how fast, and which multiple directions are you traveling at relative to each planet? Can you give me an idea how you would calculate where these planets are in your expanding Spacetime fabric just by reading off their clocks?  There is no such thing as Spacetime it is simply mathematic space trying to create a self-value it does not hold by principle.

Before some-one can learn it must be clear that they understand that is wrong is identified. A ratio that is proportionate when made disproportionate creates distortion. Any claim that is still proportionate when it no longer is proportionate tells a lie.