frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

The Big-Bang Story

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Reams and reams of argument, still getting nowhere nearer the truth.

God. Big Bang. Flat Earth. All theories, no proof.

Actually. I doubt that anyone really believes that the Earth is flat.

Personally I accept that the Spherical Earth theory was unequivocally proved, 500 years ago by a couple of sailors.

So is the Flat Earth a valid theory?

No.

Just deliberate antagonism and fun debating.

Evidence
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat ;

Nice video.

Clearly the two platforms are not of the same design.

Therefore an accurate, comparative judgement cannot be made.

Simple optical analysis, suggests a curved effect.

All in all, a very counterproductive bit of evidence.
    ErfisflatEvidence
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    @Erfisflat ;

Nice video.

Clearly the two platforms are not of the same design.

Therefore an accurate, comparative judgement cannot be made.

Simple optical analysis, suggests a curved effect.

All in all, a very counterproductive bit of evidence.
    The two platforms were not meant to be compared, the two shots were. In the first shot, from 1 foot away from sea level, 44 feet of the last platform should have been hidden by the alleged curvature of the earth, and 16.5 feet of the first should have been hidden by the alleged curvature of the earth.

In the second shot, there should be no curvature hiding the first platform, and 3 feet hiding the further one. Clearly, what curvature should exist, IF the earth is a ball that is roughly 25,000 miles in circumference, is not there. 

All in all, a very counterproductive reply.
    Evidence
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    Of course, we will get ad hoc to excuse the results of the test, but saying the flat earth is a theory without proof is a false statement. 
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    Big bang theory is real but the bang is the beginning of the first dimension. The bang immediately made the second and third dimensions as it made 3D objects. From outside the universe,the ten dimensional God(s) decided nothing made sense without flowing time so they added the fourth to this universe (some universes are stand-still 3D models). We also had more come later with Angels that are nine dimensional and demons that are eight as well as the alien demigods.
    ErfisflatEvidence
    Big bang theory is real but the bang is the beginning of the first dimension. The bang immediately made the second and third dimensions as it made 3D objects. From outside the universe,the ten dimensional God(s) decided nothing made sense without flowing time so they added the fourth to this universe (some universes are stand-still 3D models). We also had more come later with Angels that are nine dimensional and demons that are eight as well as the alien demigods.
    That's a nice sci-fi fantasy story. Are you high?
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat the caffeine and ecstasy kind of high is more my thing but in terms of shrooms high, lsd high or weed high no I am not.
    @Erfisflat the caffeine and ecstasy kind of high is more my thing but in terms of shrooms high, lsd high or weed high no I am not.
    So, you take Molly, but nothing else.

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat imagine next to you right now is your dead relative or friend. They can't show through any of the five senses that they are there, are they not there?
    @Erfisflat imagine next to you right now is your dead relative or friend. They can't show through any of the five senses that they are there, are they not there?
    What evidence do I have that there is anyone beside me, standing in the toilet at all?

Wayne Dyer
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    @Erfisflat exactly. Many of the hugest crime rings and corruption scandals left zero evidence but were taken down by pure logic and trusting the testimony of the few brave whistleblowers.
    @Erfisflat exactly. Many of the hugest crime rings and corruption scandals left zero evidence but were taken down by pure logic and trusting the testimony of the few brave whistleblowers.
    Where is the logic then? Your incessant ramblings? I suppose you must be the brave whistleblower...

Wayne Dyer
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat speak the talk of proof and know very little.

Speak the talk of truth and know very much.
    Erfisflat
    @Erfisflat speak the talk of proof and know very little.

Speak the talk of truth and know very much.
    Back to incessant ramblings, then? What "planet" are these aliens from?

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat the 3D aliens I don't have enough that I formation about but many are test tube born and ship-born, they've transcended planetary lifestyle.
    The 5D and up can be argued to be from two planets each as they can teleport with ease through time.
    @Erfisflat the 3D aliens I don't have enough that I formation about but many are test tube born and ship-born, they've transcended planetary lifestyle.
    The 5D and up can be argued to be from two planets each as they can teleport with ease through time.
    Right... 
    https://www.quora.com/Is-baseless-assertion-a-logical-fallacy

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat you say the Earth is flat so it is flat.
    @Erfisflat you say the Earth is flat so it is flat.
    Or I can show several pieces of evidence that proves it is flat, and so it is flat.
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat cloud blocking sun proves nothing.
    @Erfisflat cloud blocking sun proves nothing.
    But measuring a body of water does.

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat big bang and flat Earth are not contradictory.
    @Erfisflat big bang and flat Earth are not contradictory.
    Why would you say this? Its apparent that you haven't thought this out very long. With big bangism, we are here...

In a flat, stationary earth, we are the center of everything.

Maybe you're assuming my claim is that the earth looks like this.

Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat so all aliens revolve around Earth?
    @Erfisflat so all aliens revolve around Earth?
    You Have not proved that aliens or their home exist.

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat so Venus rotates around Earth?
    @Erfisflat so Venus rotates around Earth?
    Yes, venus is a light in the firmament that rotates around the top of the flat earth.

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat so Jupiter rotates around tiny Earth?

Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat that is alien technology, I don't deny the theory that government is hiding alien contact I disagree with flat Earth and anti big bang.
    Logically, if we were the center of everything, and something we see is in motion, it would be rotating over the earth. not around.

Wayne Dyer
    It's fascinating that you consider an object that is 25,000 miles across (that we know of) tiny.
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat that is alien technology, I don't deny the theory that government is hiding alien contact I disagree with flat Earth and anti big bang.
    You're so sure that this is technology from another planet (alien) have you been anywhere else besides earth?

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat not in this form/life no.

I think I was a demon in my former life.
    So you'll agree that the government is dishonest, but you'll believe anything they say about the shape of the earth, even against common sense and everyday observation?

Wayne Dyer

You've already shown that you are incapable of rational thought. What do you know, and how do you know it?

Wayne Dyer
    I'm actually out of time today, I'll be back later.

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    So you'll agree that the government is dishonest, but you'll believe anything they say about the shape of the earth, even against common sense and everyday observation?
    Not anything but some things.
    Erfisflat
    Erfisflat said:

You've already shown that you are incapable of rational thought. What do you know, and how do you know it?
    My Intel comes from the highest authority.
    Erfisflat
    Erfisflat said:

I think you took too much ecstacy

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat ;

You're deliberately not taking into account the lens effect.

If you view the video footage (not the still pictures) objectively, it is clearly obvious how the lens, completely alters our perception of an image.

Now regard the still images. 

Given that the horizon when viewed at sea level, should be at a distance of three miles. When viewed through the optical lens, the horizon alters relative to the focus of the lens and not relative to the position of the viewer.

In the still images the horizon would appear to be beyond the habitat platform, a distance exceeding 9.41 miles. But as we know, this cannot be correct. 

What we see is relative to the focus of the camera and not relative to the position of the viewer.

Therefore the curvature of the Earth would appear relative to the focus of the camera and not relative to the position of the viewer.

@Fredsnephew said:

"You're deliberately not taking into account the lens effect."

I did Google "lens effect" and could not find any results, hoping you could ellaborate. If there is some sort of lens that can cause a 30 foot hump of water to disappear, I'm sure you could link it so that I might can get one myself.

"Given that the horizon when viewed at sea level, should be at a distance of three miles."

That's incorrect. If you were able to get down and look out at sea level, the horizon is at your position. You are at the "top" of the ball. Every body of water must be part of a circle and must display a degree of convexity. The curvature formula for sea level is miles ^2 times 8 inches. Now accounting for observer height, the horizon would be 3 miles away for a 6 foot observer. There is a calculator for these calculations. 

https://dizzib.github.io/earth/curve-calc/?d0=30&h0=6&unit=imperial

"What we see is relative to the focus of the camera and not relative to the position of the viewer."

Both would be "observer" in the equation. If I stand 6 feet high at the beach, it's identical to mounting a camera 6 feet high on a tripod and shooting the horizon.

Wayne Dyer
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  

Infinite God has no 'dimension', simply because He Is Infinite.

dimension:
    noun
    noun: dimension; plural noun: dimension
    1. a measurable extent of some kind, such as length, breadth, depth, or height.

Q.
    1. What was it that Big-Banged?
    2. What did it Big-Bang, or "suddenly inflate" in, or into? We know that it created a vacuum, so how can a vacuum expand?

Erfisflat
    Evidence said:

dimension:
    noun

Q.
    1. What was it that Big-Banged?
    2. What did it Big-Bang, or "suddenly inflate" in, or into? We know that it created a vacuum, so how can a vacuum expand?

I do not believe in an omnipotent Abrahamic god but a 10-dimensional superpowered god.
    Erfisflat
    @Erfisflat ;

The visual evidence in your video and still images is unequivocal.

And completely backs up my argument.

Lens effects. A photographic term relating to the various effects that can occur when viewing images through an optical lens. 

You can do a simple experiment with a pair of reading spectacles. 

Lift them up and down in front of your eyes and you will notice how an object appears to move up and down.

As I stated. The horizon can not exceed a distance of 9.41 miles from the position of the viewer (at sea level). Therefore the effect of the lens must have altered our perception of the image.

At the start of the video footage, the platforms appear to sit on or below the horizon. When the zoom lens is used to focus in on the platforms, they appear to sit a considerable distance in front of the horizon.

This is either magic or an effect created by the lens.

Anyway. This is a debate concerning the "Big Bang".
    Erfisflat
    Evidence said:

dimension:
    noun

Quantum Physics dimension:

A facet of what we perceive to be reality.
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:

@someone234 ; Yes, we can see that from your replies. This "higher authority" wouldn't by any chance be the 5G Cell phone towers would it?

Hey @Erfisflat ; Now I understand why we are being heavily chem-trailed, so they  can more effectively zap us with these towers, and of course, just like someone234 going to blame it on an alien attack!
    I can honestly see this going down, .. the President announces on the National Emergency Network that aliens have arrived, and unless we all bow down and worship them, they will zap us with their 'death rays'! I am being dead serious, it's all in place, all they have to do is push the button.

If there ever was a better time to come to the Lord Jesus Christ, .. it is NOW! But not the gods and Jesus's that Religions are selling!
    Erfisflat
    @Evidence Aliens are the ones we want to surrender to. AI and other humans are not.
    @someone234 ;

Do you just say these things for a laugh?

Or can you actually explain your multi-dimensional theories?
    Erfisflat
    "As I stated. The horizon can not exceed a distance of 9.41 miles from the position of the viewer (at sea level). Therefore the effect of the lens must have altered our perception of the image."

Incorrect again. An observer with a height of 6 feet above sea level would see the horizon at a mere 3 miles away, according to the mathematics that assumes the earth is a ball that is 25,000 miles in circumference. 

"Lift them up and down in front of your eyes and you will notice how an object appears to move up and down. This is either magic or an effect created by the lens."

Magical lenses that make balls turn flat. Why in the whirreled didn't I know that? Could you reference the scientific study or demonstration to back up this claim?

"Anyway. This is a debate concerning the "Big Bang"."

Exactly, and if the earth isn't a ball, this bang story starts with a false assumption. Get it?
    Evidence

Wayne Dyer