Are there contradictions in the bible? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Are there contradictions in the bible?
in Religion

I believe that there are many contradictions in the bible. Here are just a few examples

800,000 men were fighting in Israel: 2 Samuel 24:9
1,100,000 men were fighting in Israel: 1 Chronicles 21:5

454 Children of Adin: Ezra 2:15
655 Children of Adin: Nehemiah 7:20

Ahaziah was 22: 2 Kings 8:26
Ahaziah was 42: 2 Chronicles 22:2

Jacob was Joseph's Father: Matthew 1:16
Heli was Joseph's Father: Luke 3:23

David Captured 700 Horsemen: 2 Samuel 8:4
David Captured 7,000 Horsemen: 1 Chronicles 18:4

anonymousdebaternamemcnameZombieguy1987
  1. Live Poll

?

9 votes
    1. Yes
      55.56%
    2. No
      44.44%
Retired DebateIslander. I no longer come here actively, and many of the things that I may have posted in the past (Such as belief in the flat Earth theory) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

• All of these are small contradictions, not affecting the main message.
    SilverishGoldNovaZombieguy1987
    Whether they are small or not, they're still contradictions.
    Zombieguy1987
    Retired DebateIslander. I no longer come here actively, and many of the things that I may have posted in the past (Such as belief in the flat Earth theory) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

• SilverishGoldNova, can we debate the matter one-on-one? I can answer these wild claims. Let me know what you think. Shalom.

So what.

If there a contradictions, no matter how small or big, they're still contradictions, and when Christians claim the bible is god word and has no contradictions , but when stuff like this:
    Image result for bible contradictions

Then that means the Bible is
    A. Not prefect
    B. Unlikely to be God's word, because who makes so many contradictions without proofreading to fix it?

https://www.google.com/search?q=victims+of+religion&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=x&ved=0ahukewihu9jugorfahwkmeakhbtib00q_auidigb&biw=1920&bih=963&safe=active

For the first time since 2009, the Carolina Hurricanes will be playing for the Stanley Cup! 

Repealing the Second Amendment is the first step to Totalitarianism, and it needs to be prevented to protect our freedom 

http://www.atheistrepublic.com/
  • Zombieguy1987
  • edited January 6
    Well this got necro'd so might as well just post some more that were sitting in one of my drafts.

How many men of the chief did David's captains kill?

2 Samuel 23:8: They killed 800.
    1 Chronicles 11:11: They killed 300.

Has anyone ever seen God face to face?

John 1:18: No
    Exodus 33:11: Yes

What should we do to homosexuals?

Leviticus 20:13, Leviticus 18:22: They should be killed.
    1 Kings 15:11-12: They should be exiled.

Who was Salah's father?

Genesis 10:24, Genesis 11:12: Arphaxad
    Luke 3:35-36: Cainan

Was Keturah Abraham's wife or concubine?

Genesis 25:1: Wife
    1 Chronicles 1:32: Concubine

Who was Joseph's father?

Matthew 1:16: Jacob
    Luke 3:23: Heli

How should the Edomites be treated?

Deuteronomy 23:7: Treat them with respect.
    2 Kings 14:3, Ezekiel 25:13, Obadiah 1:1, Obadiah 1:8-9: Kill them.

Does God ever get angry? 

Isaiah 27:4: Never
    Isaiah 34:2, Micah 5:15, Nahum 1:2, Zechariah 8:2: He needs anger management classes.

Are Adam and Eve the ancestors of everyone? 

Genesis 3:20: Yes
    Hebrews 7:3: Not everyone.
    Image result for muh holy book
    http://bibviz.com/
    Zombieguy1987

• TTKDBTTKDB 263 Pts
    Humanity itself is full of  contradictions isn't it? 

Which is maybe worse, a book with some contradictions in it?

Or some of humanity being self contradictory? 

Zombieguy1987SilverishGoldNova
  • TTKDB said:
    Humanity itself is full of  contradictions isn't it? 

Which is maybe worse, a book with some contradictions in it?

Or some of humanity being self contradictory? 

Off topic...

Again...

https://www.google.com/search?q=victims+of+religion&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=x&ved=0ahukewihu9jugorfahwkmeakhbtib00q_auidigb&biw=1920&bih=963&safe=active

For the first time since 2009, the Carolina Hurricanes will be playing for the Stanley Cup! 

Repealing the Second Amendment is the first step to Totalitarianism, and it needs to be prevented to protect our freedom 

• @SilverishGoldNova

None of those are contradictions. You're just a poor thinker and ignorant of the bible.

But here is one for you.

American history books have contradictions. Here is one example.

America has 42 States. - American History, Swinborn, 1867

America has 50 States - American History, Bartells, 1949

Tadaaa!!
    SilverishGoldNovaZombieguy1987
  • ethang5 said:
    @SilverishGoldNova

None of those are contradictions. You're just a poor thinker and ignorant of the bible.

But here is one for you.

You can't be serious...

Please... Tell me this is a joke...

Tadaaa!!

The bible is suppose to be Gods word, yet he/she seems to not even keep track of what they write.

Not such an all mighty being after all 

• ethang5 said:
    @SilverishGoldNova

But here is one for you.

You can't be serious...

Please... Tell me this is a joke...

Tadaaa!!

The bible is suppose to be Gods word, yet he/she seems to not even keep track of what they write.

Not such an all mighty being after all 

@Zombieguy1987 who was this post directed to? Talking about: "seems to not even keep track of what they write." !?
    Zombieguy1987
  • @Zombieguy1987

>The bible is suppose to be Gods word, yet he/she seems to not even keep track of what they write.

>Not such an all mighty being after all 

As usual, you missed the point. And continue to pretend a contradiction exists simply because you've said one does.

Not a single contradiction has been posted in this thread.

If two history books have America having 42 states and 50 states, how is that a contradiction? Only stupid people think that way.

The bible is a history book covering more than 6,000 years of human history. Things change. Number of horses, ages, names of towns and cities.

But for the ignorant atheist, America could only have had 50 states, anything else is a contradiction. Ahaziah remained 22 years old and did not change. Nothing but poor thinking and anti-theist bias.

Or they play on words as if words cannot have more than one meaning. So to such morons, the word "righteous" for example, can have only one meaning. So a common trait of language, that the same words can be used in different ways with different meaning, becomes a "contradiction" to such people.

What these dweebs do, is post so many "contradictions", trying to overwhelm theists with a wall of text.

Let's take them one at a time. Pick any one of your so called contradictions, and I will show you (and the board) your ignorance.

Browsing an atheist website cannot substitute for an actual education.
    Zombieguy1987