frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Are there contradictions in the bible?

124»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ethang5ethang5 258 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    As I told you on the other thread, stupidity cannot save you.

You offered the verses, and now as you find that the atheist site you mined has fooled you, your shame is causing you to be a public fool.

I don't mind. Idiots like you are a dime a dozen on the net.

When atheists find a champion who can debate, let me know. You're really too to waste much time on, other than tossing you for lolz.

But really, how are you? Serious question.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ethang5

Stop crying ET you disappear for a week to get help and that’s the best you can do Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha

Mirror posting cannot help you and repeating what I’ve corrected you on cannot help you. Your stupidity is the stuff of legend but no doubt you will persist in repeating yourself 
    More doctored verses all pulled out of context you really ought to take better care at cherry picking your doctored verses and read them without your usual spin , you tried the same B S with the verses on slavery .......Read again and have another sulk and rant unfortunately for you I’m not responsible for your stupidity.....

The vegetation!Genesis 1:11-27:

And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so

And it was SO ......Vegetation clearly before man 

Adam!Genesis 2:5-9:

And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground […] And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life

and there was not a man to till the ground.........

• ethang5ethang5 258 Pts   -  
    @Dee

>Stop crying ET you disappear for a week to get help and that’s the best you can do

Sorry moron.  I have a real life.

>Mirror posting cannot help you and repeating what I’ve corrected you on cannot help you.

Lol. Mirror posting me at least helps you grammar and punctuation.

Your stupidity is the stuff of legend but no doubt you will persist in repeating yourself

I'll assume your thought ended here.

More doctored verses all pulled out of context you really ought to take better care at cherry picking your doctored verses and read them without your usual spin,

You sound like someone on speed. Calm down moron, everyone can see that you're vacuous.

>you tried the same B S with the verses on slavery .......Read again and have another sulk and rant unfortunately for you I’m not responsible for your stupidity.....

You are responsible for your own stupidity, which is why I cut you no slack. Many people are , that cannot be helped, but you are Sleazily dishonest. That can always be avoided.

You obviously don't want to talk about Genesis 2: 1 to 4 at all.

You should have read those verses before out posted your stupidity. 

When you grow either the brains or the balls to address what is obviously scaring you now, let me know.

As it is, your childish stupidity has become boring.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited September 2019
    @ethang5

Still scared stiff of two little bible verses which contradict each other ET , get back to me when you can actually offer some kind of a defence,   posting up a wall of poorly worded grammatically incoherent gibberish now seems to be your norm with no sign of a change in sight .....

>get back to me when you can actually offer some kind of a defence, 

I got back to you, but there was a stupidity bar on the door.

I addressed every verse in the passage. You've dodged chapter 2: 1 to 4. You're running.

Are you satisfied with what being got you?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ethang5

ET the rabbit is back after another week of running and that’s the best you and Christian jerk circle come up with Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha 

Still scared stiff of two little bible verses ET which contradict each other ET , get back to me when you can actually offer some kind of a defence,   posting up a wall of poorly worded grammatically incoherent gibberish now seems to be your norm with no sign of a change in sight .....
    @Dee

>ET the rabbit is back after another week of running and that’s the best you

The attention whore in you must be dying when I don't post huh?

>...and Christian jerk circle come up with Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha 

You really don't need to bray like a donkey to convince us you're a jacka$$. We know already.

>Still scared stiff of two little bible verses ET which contradict each other ET , get back to me when you can actually offer some kind of a defence,   posting up a wall of poorly worded grammatically incoherent gibberish now seems to be your norm with no sign of a change in sight .....

Lol. OK .
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ethang5

Your constant stalking amuses me ,stop sulking and take your beating like a man it’s you must be getting used to your whippings   at this stage 

@Dee

Sorry dee dee, but you're just too to continue with.

You are empty, and you have nothing to post anymore, but your anal compulsion forces you to post anyway, so you post militant nonsense.

I have a life, and don't want to waste it on a bitter, ignorant, petty moron playing troll on an obscure website.

Tell your inner anal attention whore she "won" by being the last to post.

I'll shake your stupidity off my boots and go live. OK?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ethang5

Good luck at your bible study group today (you’re in need of it) now away with you and boo hoo somewhere else ........
    Here was my original post to this topic...

I've been online for more than 25 years. I keep seeing people insist there are contradictions in the bible. But when asked to show any, they invariably post this wall of text.

But as we show them one by one to not be contradictions, the claimant simply moves to the next half-baked claim.

In the main time, some other yokel who thinks he's "discovered" contradictions in the bible, starts yet another thread and posts the same wall of text as the first yokel.

Debunk too many of their supposed contradictions and they become angry and insulting.

The bible contradiction claim is akin to calling someone a homosexual. The accuser is not interested at all in proving his accusation, he just needs to make it so that the insinuation is out there.

All the accusers have to do is show one contradiction for their claim to be correct. So why do all of them always post a jumble of scatterbrained charges?

Where is the atheist who will list one supposed contradiction, and debate it sensibly to a logical conclusion?

One who will not jump to whataboutism as soon as he is about to lose his original point?

Where is he?

Does he even exist?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ethang5

Stop embarrassing yourself ET you’ve received several sound beatings on the subject so far and have failed to offer any  valid defenses.When questioned on slavery you sulked and refused to answer any questions and instead resorted to fury filled rants ( about to be repeated I’m afraid) .....

So tell me do you think owning people as property is moral and correct as your god approves and sanctions?

Also as you always suggest to Atheists “ can you evaluate this verse as written without fleeing and resorting to spin “ ? 

No doubt your reply will be the usual wall of insult followed by your usual sulking and ending with your favourite “ Hey I’m not here to answer your questions” .......

Levicitus 25:44:46 NASB) suggests how Israelites can utilize the full human resources of slaves:

44As for your male and female slaves whom you may have—you may acquire male and female slaves from the pagan nations that are around you. 45Then, too, it is out of the sons of the sojourners who live as aliens among you that you may gain acquisition, and out of their families who are with you, whom they will have produced in your land; they also may become your possession. 46You may even bequeath them to your sons after you, to receive as a possession; you can use them as permanent slaves. But in respect to your countrymen, the sons of Israel, you shall not rule with severity over one another.

There is clearly no way out for these slaves: they were truly slaves for life. And not just for the life of their owner. Thye were "property" and would be inherited along with the rest of their deceased owners possession

@Dee

Sorry dee dee.

I was not posting to you. Remember in my last post to you I said,...

You're just too to continue with.

You are empty, and you have nothing to post anymore, but your anal compulsion forces you to post anyway, so you post militant nonsense.

I have a life, and don't want to waste it on a bitter, ignorant, petty moron playing troll on an obscure website.

Tell your inner anal attention whore she "won" by being the last to post.

I'll shake your stupidity off my boots and go live. OK?

You've jumped to another topic after losing the first, as predicted. You didn't lose so much as forfeit, as you never addressed the topic as much as repeating your verses and hurling silly insults.

When I said I didn't want to waste my time with an playing mirror posting troll on the net I meant it.

Go find another person to play with. I hear zombieguy is free.

I've been online for more than 25 years. I keep seeing people insist there are contradictions in the bible. But when asked to show any, they invariably post this wall of text.

But as we show them one by one to not be contradictions, the claimant simply moves to the next half-baked claim.

In the main time, some other yokel who thinks he's "discovered" contradictions in the bible, starts yet another thread and posts the same wall of text as the first yokel.

Debunk too many of their supposed contradictions and they become angry and insulting.

The bible contradiction claim is akin to calling someone a homosexual. The accuser is not interested at all in proving his accusation, he just needs to make it so that the insinuation is out there.

All the accusers have to do is show one contradiction for their claim to be correct. So why do all of them always post a jumble of scatterbrained charges?

Where is the atheist who will list one supposed contradiction, and debate it sensibly to a logical conclusion?

One who will not jump to whataboutism as soon as he is about to lose his original point?

One who doesn't lie, play to the gallery, mirror post, or behave like a moron troll?

Where is he?

Does he even exist?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ET

As I predicted ET has his usual melt down as he cannot offer a defence of clear biblical contradictions........I win again 

Stop embarrassing yourself ET you’ve received several sound beatings on the subject so far and have failed to offer any  valid defenses.When questioned on slavery you sulked and refused to answer any questions and instead resorted to fury filled rants ( about to be repeated I’m afraid) .....

So tell me do you think owning people as property is moral and correct as your god approves and sanctions?

Also as you always suggest to Atheists “ can you evaluate this verse as written without fleeing and resorting to spin “ ? 

No doubt your reply will be the usual wall of insult followed by your usual sulking and ending with your favourite “ Hey I’m not here to answer your questions” .......

Levicitus 25:44:46 NASB) suggests how Israelites can utilize the full human resources of slaves:

44As for your male and female slaves whom you may have—you may acquire male and female slaves from the pagan nations that are around you. 45Then, too, it is out of the sons of the sojourners who live as aliens among you that you may gain acquisition, and out of their families who are with you, whom they will have produced in your land; they also may become your possession. 46You may even bequeath them to your sons after you, to receive as a possession; you can use them as permanent slaves. But in respect to your countrymen, the sons of Israel, you shall not rule with severity over one another.

There is clearly no way out for these slaves: they were truly slaves for life. And not just for the life of their owner. Thye were "property" and would be inherited along with the rest of their deceased owners possession

@ethang5

You’ve just been shown yet another and resort to your usual wall of insults and rage all because of  yet another biblical contradiction, you cannot defend such so keep running ET it’s your only option , not one Christian has yet succeeded in defending biblical slavery as there is no defense possible 

Now the anal stalking attention whore is multi-posting. 

Hey atheists, when you have other than a moron troll, please pick a supposed bible contradiction and let's debate it.

Surely you're not afraid to do so?
    @ethang5

As predicted you’ve  just been shown yet another and resort to your usual wall of insults and rage all because of  yet another biblical contradiction, you cannot defend such so keep running ET it’s your only option , not one Christian has yet succeeded in defending biblical slavery as there is no defense possible , everyone of you Christian jokers have been defeated easily can even one of you’s defend a biblical contradiction.......ET is far to to do so another”Christian” spokesman is needed 

• MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1121 Pts   -  
    I don't know how anyone can claim there aren't any contradictions.  Jesus himself contradicted things from the old testimate.  Both the old and the new have different themes to them.
    @MichaelElpers

>I don't know how anyone can claim there aren't any contradictions.

That's funny because I don't know how anyone can claim there are contradictions.

But I've noticed that those claiming that there are contradictions either never post any, or never want to debate any. Why is that?

>Jesus himself contradicted things from the old testiment.

Like what for example?

>Both the old and the new have different themes to them.

That's news to me, and I've studied the bible for more than 30 years. What are the themes of the OT and NT?