frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should Euthanasia be banned?

Debate Information

Should Euthanasia be banned? Persuade me for no or yes
I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
About Persuade Me

Persuaded Argument

• AlfredChanAlfredChan 35 Pts   -  
    My stand would be that euthanasia should not be banned.

Based on the definition from dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/euthanasia), euthanasia is:
    1) putting to death painlessly
    2) as by withholding extreme medical measures
    3) of a person/animal 
    4) suffering from an incurable/painful condition

Although I do not claim to be an expert on the matter of euthanasia, I am aware that there are several methods currently employed for euthanasia. They include: lethal injections, prescription drugs, terminal sedation (combined with starvation and dehydration) or even gassing (carbon monoxide). 

Euthanasia should not be banned altogether but measures should be put in place to prevent its abuse. Abuse in the sense where the above-mentioned methods may be also employed for intentional suicide (due to curable mental disorders for instance). Also, abuse can also be in the form of homicide (whereby homicide in this case has no relation to "compassionate homicide" as defined by Uruguay, but instead willful murder). 

In addition, euthanasia should not be banned as long as the above 4 parts to the definition of euthanasia are met. 
    1) the death should not cause pain, or more pain than what the person/animal is currently in
    2) it is acceptable to withhold extreme medical measures because the person/animal is expected to have no capacity to decide for himself/herself/itself
    3) the legality of euthanasia should definitely be extended to humans as well (although some might argue that a human-being is also an animal
    4) death should be the only remaining option to avoid continued/prolonged suffering from the incurable/painful condition

Pogue

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
44%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• FascismFascism 344 Pts   -  
    In certain cases, euthanasia should be allowed. For example if a patient is terminally ill and is suffering.