frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Smart phones will become an obsolete form factor in 10 years

Debate Information

I predict that wihin 10 years, smart phones current form factor (like iphones or android phones) will be replaced by a very different form factor. 
EmeryPearson
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    It will happen either with phone screens that can roll up, projected on our body parts (like palm of out hands, or more directly integrated into our eye lids and etc)
    PogueEmeryPearson
    Live Long and Prosper
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    I would say in about 20 years because that is when the first AGI is predicted to come about. 
    https://waitbutwhy.com/2015/01/artificial-intelligence-revolution-1.html
    EmeryPearson
    I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
  • NoahShieldsNoahShields 14 Pts   -  
    I agree with OP in the argument that smart phones will become obsolete in 10 years. Even looking back at recent technological advancements in the cellular industry, it was not that long ago that we were bound to pay phones and rotating dials that allowed for us to make calls. In a short amount of time, we as humans have developed entirely new products that break the mold of products that have gone before them. I refuse to believe that we have hit a technological plateau and think that within ten years, we will have moved on from smart phones to something bigger and better, just as we have done in the past.
    EmeryPearson
  • EmeryPearsonEmeryPearson 151 Pts   -  
    I agree, in the sense they will be obsolete as Flip Phones are now.

Still in use, but archaic.