frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is the Earth flat?

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    "So, boats have been claimed, repeatedly, to go over a curve. This is supposed to happen at just 3 miles on the globe, and every globetard agrees this is the case without the first test to prove it. When a test (with actual measurements) is performed to falsify the claim, and a boat's bottom is seen nearly 4 times that distance, everyone ignores it."
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • GooberryGooberry 608 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    "So, boats have been claimed, repeatedly, to go over a curve. This is supposed to happen at just 3 miles on the globe, and every globetard agrees this is the case without the first test to prove it. When a test (with actual measurements) is performed to falsify the claim, and a boat's bottom is seen nearly 4 times that distance, everyone ignores it."
    I touchded it on the first page:

In the 1860s, on the Bedford level, a flat earther offered a bet about measurements to show the earth is flat.

Like Erf, the flat earther simply looked along a telescope and broadly claimed he could see what he shouldn’t be able to see. A surveyor, places objects of a known height along the canal; knowing that refraction caused by the air above the water bends light downwards making it possible to view objects further away then they should be.

when you place the objects of known height along the surface: the curvature is clearly revealed as these height polls were not in a straight live, but followed a “bulge”.

Ironically: despite this being an exceptionally famous experiment, not a single example of basic sight lines is ever used in ANY flat earthers measurement. flat earthers on youtube, and elf deliberately chose non systematic measurements where they do not account for refraction, possibly on purpose because they would prove the earth is a sphere if they did: and then claim the earth is flat.
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat
    You have posted images of a round Earth and I have posted evidence which you repeatedly ignore. If you can not create a model that explains everything, how do you know it is true. 
    Water is not flat.
    Bedford level proves this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedford_Level_experiment

I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 

Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:
    Erfisflat said:
    So, boats have been claimed, repeatedly, to go over a curve. This is supposed to happen at just 3 miles on the globe, and every globetard agrees this is the case without the first test to prove it. When a test (with actual measurements) is performed to falsify the claim, and a boat's bottom is seen nearly 4 times that distance and everyone ignores it
    Boats go over the horizon. This is an objective and observable fact.

We see it in your videos, images and almost every “disproof” of a flat earth.

This is literally THE EVIDENCE FOR A BULGE YOU HAVE ASKED FOR.

Even Goober won't touch it.
    Now given that this is measurably and probably down to refraction, something accounted for my surveyors forever, and now that I’ve repeated the experiment that allows you to prove it; and no flat earther ever repeats....

Can you please explain why you are waving an observation that can’t happen on a flat earth, and must happen on a spherical earth as evidence that the earth isn’t a sphere?

even worse, despite this being pointed out, and despite it being explained on the first page: can you explain why you are accusing us of ignoring it?

like i said: you are literally going through and accusing us of all the problems, fallacies and errors you are making.

its so metronomic, you must know that you are wrong.
    Erfisflat
    @Erfisflat
    You are using a word resembling retard to describe us and call us the angry ones?
    You haven't started talking in caps lock yet, so you're good
    Pogue
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    It seems like you have taken this label upon yourself. Frequently, in a dichotomy, names are given to opposing positions: democrats, republicans, etc. pogue posted the video : testing "flattards" so I was merely following suit.

Wayne Dyer
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    It seems like you have taken this label upon yourself. Frequently, in a dichotomy, names are given to opposing positions: democrats, republicans, etc. pogue posted the video : testing "flattards" so I was merely following suit.
    Just because the video said that does not mean anything. You do not use a playoff of retard though. I video was a source and it saying that does not mean anything
    Erfisflat

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain .” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  

The Earth is round based on plane routes, gravity, magnetism (the poles of magnets are due to the poles of the Earth) and finally due to how the sun and moon move through the sky (seriously think about how they move, where do they go 'down to' if it's flat?).

I am the one he cannot breathe when he debates against because I don't fight visual evidence with visual evidence.

@Erfisflat
    you gonna address this or?
    Gooberry said:

Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:
    Erfisflat said:
    So, boats have been claimed, repeatedly, to go over a curve. This is supposed to happen at just 3 miles on the globe, and every globetard agrees this is the case without the first test to prove it. When a test (with actual measurements) is performed to falsify the claim, and a boat's bottom is seen nearly 4 times that distance and everyone ignores it

Now given that this is measurably and probably down to refraction, something accounted for my surveyors forever, and now that I’ve repeated the experiment that allows you to prove it; and no flat earther ever repeats....

Can you please explain why you are waving an observation that can’t happen on a flat earth, and must happen on a spherical earth as evidence that the earth isn’t a sphere?

even worse, despite this being pointed out, and despite it being explained on the first page: can you explain why you are accusing us of ignoring it?

like i said: you are literally going through and accusing us of all the problems, fallacies and errors you are making.

"but, but, "refraction" How did I know that was coming? 

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:

Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:
    Erfisflat said:

What an excellent and well thought out reply and rebuttal to my post. I particularly liked the way you explained how I was wrong, the mistake I am making; and corrected my scientific understanding by referencing the laws of physics.

Please, tell me more about how we all “assert” our position.

PogueErfisflat
    ad hoc

Wayne Dyer
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    Notice how he can't deny that I'm right.

End of discussion.

Stop relying on photo angles thanks.
    Pogue
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:

Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:
    Erfisflat said:

I think it is funny how you claim when we show pictures and videos of a round Earth it is refraction but when we do it is "I knew that was coming" and mocking him. 

Erfisflat said:
    ad hoc
    Can I ask you how? 

I friended myself! 
    Erfisflat said:
    ad hoc
    You mean ad-hom?

attacking a person or their behaviour instead of their argument?

Like, for example, when someone skips over someone’s argument and accuses them of attacking them as a rebuttal?

Im sorry: but pointing out that you simply asserted your rebuttal and offered no argument is not an ad hominem.

Not replying to an argument and instead attacking the persons behaviour is.
    Gooberry said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:

Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:
    Erfisflat said:

What an excellent and well thought out reply and rebuttal to my post. I particularly liked the way you explained how I was wrong, the mistake I am making; and corrected my scientific understanding by referencing the laws of physics.

as if it weren't obvious, as I have stated it several times now, so that everyone here can plainly see your blatant denial. The claim:"boats go over the horizon, and this proves the earth is a ball that is 25,000 miles in circumference" is an assertion. For a boat to disappear over the curve of a ball that size, it MUST do so in just 3 short miles. This claim has been proved false, and your assertions and presumably unfalsifiable position crumbles under even the slightest scrutiny, and all you have is muh refraction...
    Pogue

Wayne Dyer
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    1: Magnets
    "Earth has two geographic poles: the North Pole and the South Pole. They are the places on Earth's surface that Earth's imaginary spin axis passes through. Our planet also has two magnetic poles: the North Magnetic Pole and the South Magnetic Pole. The magnetic poles are near, but not quite in the same places as, the geographic poles. The needle in a compass points towards a magnetic pole. When you are far away from a pole a compass is very helpful if you want to find your way around. The compass needle 
    points pretty much due North (or South if you live in the Southern Hemisphere!). However, if you are near either pole, a compass becomes useless. It points towards the magnetic pole, not the true geographic pole. Those two poles could be quite far apart, and in different directions. Think how hard it must have been for early explorersto find their way around in the Arctic and Antarctic without being able to use a compass!"
    https://www.windows2universe.org/earth/Magnetosphere/earth_magnetic_poles.html

2- Gravity
    Gravity doesn't make spherical shape, spherical shape is the inevitable optimal shape for things to not implode due to gravity. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gravity-make-earth-round-professor-8307112  HAS AN APPROX. 2 MIN. VIDEO IN THE LINK BY A PHYSICS Ph.D. EXPERT OF SPACE PHYSICS

3- Plane Routes
    You don't comprehend the idiocy of your map until you understand that the plane routes adn distances between the points travelled are not possible in FE world.

Get a grip.

PogueErfisflat
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:

Erfisflat said:
    Gooberry said:
    Erfisflat said:

as if it weren't obvious, as I have stated it several times now, so that everyone here can plainly see your blatant denial. The claim:"boats go over the horizon, and this proves the earth is a ball that is 25,000 miles in circumference" is an assertion. For a boat to disappear over the curve of a ball that size, it MUST do so in just 3 short miles. This claim has been proved false, and your assertions and presumably unfalsifiable position crumbles under even the slightest scrutiny, and all you have is muh refraction...
    That is what you say when pictures show you are wrong. You still have not debunked this. Before I get into it, I want to say two things, on the top of the Burj Kalfa the sun sets 2 mnutes later than the bottom. Also, if you do not have a model, you can not know if the flat Earth explains what happens. 

I guess I will start and since you guys did not debunk these yet I will repost them.
    There are so many more ways you can prove to yourself the Earth is round. You can see more things the higher up you are. Long suspension bridges’ towers slope slightly away from one another to account for the curvature of the Earth. Every other planet is a spinning sphere. Satellites exist (as proven by the existence of your iPhone), and obey rules that only work if they’re orbiting around Earth. We’ve taken many, many pictures of Earth. Buy a weather balloon and strap a camera to it.

Satellites have to exist for the internet to work. The TV would not be here without relativity which involves gravity. The ISS exists because you can clearly see it if it goes above your location. You can easily watch the youtube live stream from the ISS. 

Hurricanes, cyclones, and typhoons are all the same thing: Spinning masses of air sucking moisture from the ocean, dumping it back on us and destroying things in their path. A hurricane is just a giant wind drain—a low-pressure center with winds flushing into it. The wind always blows counter-clockwise inwards in Northern Hemisphere hurricanes—check out this picture of Hurricane Katrina and the United States. Notice the direction the wind is traveling with a compass, depending on where the Hurricane is.

However, in the Southern Hemisphere, the wind travels the opposite direction. Here’s a picture of Hurricane Catarina, a very rare Southern Hemisphere Atlantic Hurricane:

Notice that Catarina is very clearly spinning in the opposite direction. That’s because of the Coriolis effect—the wind changes direction as the planet spins. If the Earth wasn’t spinning, the wind should blow straight into the middle of the hurricane from all directions. But the Earth spins faster at the equator than at the poles, because our planet’s midsection has the furthest distance to travel with each rotation. Winds traveling northwards or southwards curve as they travel from slower spinning to faster spinning regions of the planet. The wind carves the opposite direction based on whether you are above or below the equator since the Earth’s rotation gets slower on alternate sides. 

You can recreate this by spinning a basketball on your finger, and moving a marker from the bottom up or the top down—notice what the line looks like above and below the middle of the ball.

Okay, let’s try to explain all that with a flat Earth. If Earth was a giant spinning plate with the North Pole at its center, all hurricanes should spin in the same direction and should have a much more spiral shape the further south (i.e., away from the center) you head. You could maybe slow down the spins further from the center of the spinning plate, but then you should see the continents ripping apart from the different speeds. It just doesn’t make any sense.

Look at this, a guy sent a camera to space and the Earth is round:  https://www.geek.com/geek-cetera/homemade-spacecraft-reaches-100000-ft-films-the-whole-way-1287792/.

The video proves why the Coriolis effect is real and is dictated by hemisphere.  The important parts are from 1:44-5:35. It has a controlled experiment. In the end, it explains why there is a difference between hemispheres. It works because it does. To understand this, think of a pool at the geographic poles. It is stationary relative to Earth, but every sidereal day, it is actually completing one full rotation. The part further away from the pole and closer to the equator move faster because it has to complete a larger movement in the same amount of time (that is why rockets are launched closer to the equator. When the plug is pulled (part of the experiment) everything is moving toward the drain in the middle. The far side is faster so it gets ahead while the slower part is too slow so it lags behind. 

Edit: The video was a picture by accident because I copied and pasted my arguments. Here is the video:

I friended myself! 
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    Pogue

Wayne Dyer
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    The argument is not them going over, it is the bottom disappearing first. Also, that does not work everytime. 

SilverishGoldNovaErfisflat

I friended myself! 
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -  
    So I’m back from skating. Watching the STars game Tied 1-1. Let’s not lose to god damn Ottawa 

So Erf is back to his ritual of denying.
    PogueErfisflat
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:
    The argument is not them going over, it is the bottom disappearing first. Also, that does not work everytime. 

No measurements, no attempts to falsify. Highly chopped up, re analyzed flat earth proof.

Wayne Dyer
    Did you see the first one? Why red had to repeat it? because you could clearly see the observer's height drop between cuts. We all know there is a constant onslaught of swells in the ocean...

Wayne Dyer
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:

No measurements, no attempts to falsify. Highly chopped up, re analyze flat earth proof.

25:25 "exactly the same". No, it is different.
    That is what you say when pictures show you are wrong. You still have not debunked this. Before I get into it, I want to say two things, on the top of the Burj Kalfa the sun sets 2 minutes later than the bottom. Also, if you do not have a model, you can not know if the flat Earth explains what happens. 

I guess I will start and since you guys did not debunk these yet I will repost them.
    There are so many more ways you can prove to yourself the Earth is round. You can see more things the higher up you are. Long suspension bridges’ towers slope slightly away from one another to account for the curvature of the Earth. Every other planet is a spinning sphere. Satellites exist (as proven by the existence of your iPhone), and obey rules that only work if they’re orbiting around Earth. We’ve taken many, many pictures of Earth. Buy a weather balloon and strap a camera to it.

Satellites have to exist for the internet to work. The TV would not be here without relativity which involves gravity. The ISS exists because you can clearly see it if it goes above your location. You can easily watch the youtube live stream from the ISS. 

Hurricanes, cyclones, and typhoons are all the same thing: Spinning masses of air sucking moisture from the ocean, dumping it back on us and destroying things in their path. A hurricane is just a giant wind drain—a low-pressure center with winds flushing into it. The wind always blows counter-clockwise inwards in Northern Hemisphere hurricanes—check out this picture of Hurricane Katrina and the United States. Notice the direction the wind is traveling with a compass, depending on where the Hurricane is.

However, in the Southern Hemisphere, the wind travels the opposite direction. Here’s a picture of Hurricane Catarina, a very rare Southern Hemisphere Atlantic Hurricane:

Notice that Catarina is very clearly spinning in the opposite direction. That’s because of the Coriolis effect—the wind changes direction as the planet spins. If the Earth wasn’t spinning, the wind should blow straight into the middle of the hurricane from all directions. But the Earth spins faster at the equator than at the poles, because our planet’s midsection has the furthest distance to travel with each rotation. Winds traveling northwards or southwards curve as they travel from slower spinning to faster spinning regions of the planet. The wind carves the opposite direction based on whether you are above or below the equator since the Earth’s rotation gets slower on alternate sides. 

You can recreate this by spinning a basketball on your finger, and moving a marker from the bottom up or the top down—notice what the line looks like above and below the middle of the ball.

Okay, let’s try to explain all that with a flat Earth. If Earth was a giant spinning plate with the North Pole at its center, all hurricanes should spin in the same direction and should have a much more spiral shape the further south (i.e., away from the center) you head. You could maybe slow down the spins further from the center of the spinning plate, but then you should see the continents ripping apart from the different speeds. It just doesn’t make any sense.

Look at this, a guy sent a camera to space and the Earth is round:  https://www.geek.com/geek-cetera/homemade-spacecraft-reaches-100000-ft-films-the-whole-way-1287792/.

The video proves why the Coriolis effect is real and is dictated by hemisphere.  The important parts are from 1:44-5:35. It has a controlled experiment. In the end, it explains why there is a difference between hemispheres. It works because it does. To understand this, think of a pool at the geographic poles. It is stationary relative to Earth, but every sidereal day, it is actually completing one full rotation. The part further away from the pole and closer to the equator move faster because it has to complete a larger movement in the same amount of time (that is why rockets are launched closer to the equator. When the plug is pulled (part of the experiment) everything is moving toward the drain in the middle. The far side is faster so it gets ahead while the slower part is too slow so it lags behind. 

Edit: The video was a picture by accident because I copied and pasted my arguments. Here is the video:

I friended myself! 
    "25:25 "exactly the same". No, it is different.
    That is what you say when pictures show you are wrong."

That's all I get? This isn't even a coherent statement. You are literally pointing at the sky and ignoring a practical scientific experiment that conclusively measures the earth.

Wayne Dyer
    So I’m back from skating. Watching the STars game Tied 1-1. Let’s not lose to god damn Ottawa 

Welcome back! We were just discussing a curvature test. You remember those? Evidence for flat water?

Wayne Dyer
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:

That's all I get? This isn't even a coherent statement. You are literally pointing at the sky and ignoring a practical scientific experiment that conclusively measures the earth.
    Hmm, seems like what you said is false. 

You also seem to not address my other arguments. It is slight but part of the bottom is gone on the first picture. 

I friended myself! 
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    Erfisflat said:

Welcome back! We were just discussing a curvature test. You remember those? Evidence for flat water?
    Why yes, I remember the ones. I argued with those remember? Then, I realized that the argument was based on fake math or were mirages. Still arguing against boats over the horizon? because I showed it wasn't because of perspective. You remind me so much of my ex.
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    1: Magnets
    "Earth has two geographic poles: the North Pole and the South Pole. They are the places on Earth's surface that Earth's imaginary spin axis passes through. Our planet also has two magnetic poles: the North Magnetic Pole and the South Magnetic Pole. The magnetic poles are near, but not quite in the same places as, the geographic poles. The needle in a compass points towards a magnetic pole. When you are far away from a pole a compass is very helpful if you want to find your way around. The compass needle 
    points pretty much due North (or South if you live in the Southern Hemisphere!). However, if you are near either pole, a compass becomes useless. It points towards the magnetic pole, not the true geographic pole. Those two poles could be quite far apart, and in different directions. Think how hard it must have been for early explorersto find their way around in the Arctic and Antarctic without being able to use a compass!"
    https://www.windows2universe.org/earth/Magnetosphere/earth_magnetic_poles.html

2- Gravity
    Gravity doesn't make spherical shape, spherical shape is the inevitable optimal shape for things to not implode due to gravity. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gravity-make-earth-round-professor-8307112  HAS AN APPROX. 2 MIN. VIDEO IN THE LINK BY A PHYSICS Ph.D. EXPERT OF SPACE PHYSICS

3- Plane Routes
    You don't comprehend the idiocy of your map until you understand that the plane routes adn distances between the points travelled are not possible in FE world.

Get a grip.

Dear google: how do I prove the erf is a ball?

@SilverishGoldNova, you want these easy ones? I'm almost out of time today and nobody is making any sense of the Mobile Al curvature test.

You can try to be funny if you want, but don't think you're going to come starting sh!t, because I woke up this morning wishing a mfer would.
    SilverishGoldNovaPogue

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:

Why yes, I remember the ones. I argued with those remember? Then, I realized that the argument was based on fake math or were mirages. Still arguing against boats over the horizon? because I showed it wasn't because of perspective. You remind me so much of my ex.
    By all means, correct the math that was used in the Mobile al test. You know, the one that was witnessed by an engineer as well as calculated with the commonly agreed curvature calculator, and included zero inversions? What was it? 60 feet of curvature on the back of a milk carton?

I'm reading a 4th ad hoc excuse as we speak!

Wayne Dyer
    So I see you’re continuing with the Everyone who disagrees with me is a troll thing @Erfisflat... 

Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:

You also seem to not address my other arguments. It is slight but part of the bottom is gone on the first picture. 
    any numbers? calculations of any kind? What is it, 10 miles? How many inversions?
    Pogue

Wayne Dyer
    So I see you’re continuing with the Everyone who disagrees with me is a troll thing @Erfisflat... 
    I haven't called anyone a troll. maybe it was over your head a bit? I was trolling you.
    SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Pogue said:
    Erfisflat said:

any numbers? calculations of any kind? What is it, 10 miles? How many inversions?
    I find it funny how you never bring calculations but now are asking for them but whatever. you do not need it. You can observe it. I posted the pictures. Also, you seem to have ignored this again. 
    That is what you say when pictures show you are wrong. You still have not debunked this. Before I get into it, I want to say two things, on the top of the Burj Kalfa the sun sets 2 minutes later than the bottom. Also, if you do not have a model, you can not know if the flat Earth explains what happens. 

The video proves why the Coriolis effect is real and is dictated by hemisphere.  The important parts are from 1:44-5:35. It has a controlled experiment. In the end, it explains why there is a difference between hemispheres. It works because it does. To understand this, think of a pool at the geographic poles. It is stationary relative to Earth, but every sidereal day, it is actually completing one full rotation. The part further away from the pole and closer to the equator move faster because it has to complete a larger movement in the same amount of time (that is why rockets are launched closer to the equator. When the plug is pulled (part of the experiment) everything is moving toward the drain in the middle. The far side is faster so it gets ahead while the slower part is too slow so it lags behind. 

I friended myself! 
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    Erfisflat said:
    I haven't called anyone a troll. maybe it was over your head a bit? I was trolling you.
    So, you literally admit to trolling?

I mean, if you are left with trolling people who disagree with you, then... Idk.

Why not try to refute his arguments?

Speaking of which, so the Mobile curvature test is from 13 miles, right?

You're actually not supposed to notice curvature until 80-100 miles, according to the Pythagorean theorem 

Erfisflat

That's one for the scrapbook!

Wayne Dyer
    "I find it funny how you never bring calculations but now are asking for them but whatever. you do not need it. You can observe it. I posted the pictures. "

The calculations were in the video, unlike yours, would you like me to post them here? Are you willing to do the same?

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:

I mean, if you are left with trolling people who disagree with you, then... Idk.

You're actually not supposed to notice curvature until 80-100 miles, according to the Pythagorean theorem 

Forgot to mention this: Besides, you ever heard of refraction?
    Pogue

• PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat
    Can you summarize the video, you said you do not like watching videos, so summarizes the video. You still do not debunk it.

I friended myself! 
    Erfisflat said:

lmao, you literally posted the 8 inches per mile squared formula that says we should see lots of curvature, "according to the Pythagorean Theorem"

According to your graph:

Over just ten miles, there would be a 60 foot drop. Of course most of us have agreed that this is from sea level only, and ignores observer's height, you must've forgot.

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    Erfisflat said:

lmao, you literally posted the 8 inches per mile squared formula that says we should see lots of curvature, "according to the Pythagorean Theorem"

According to your graph:

Over just ten miles, there would be a 60 foot drop. Of course most of us have agreed that this is from sea level only, and ignores observer's height, you must've forgot.
    I also added that refraction should be taken into account. If you examine the video closely, instead of just pulling it out of your , then you will notice many of the effects of refraction. 
    Erfisflat

@Pogue, you really didn't watch the video? Ok. once more.

In Mobile Alabama a test was performed that was to test the supposed curvature of a ball that is 25,000 miles in circumference. A Nikon p900 was positioned approximately 12 miles from mobile bay.

About 6 feet high.

Over 12 miles, with an observer height of 6 feet, there should be a 60 foot drop...

...according to an LSU grad engineer, and of course, the earth curvature calculator. 

This amount of curvature, of course, was not there. In fact there was none found at all.

And, surprise, surprise, a boat was observed, hull and all! You know, the ones you claim go over curvature at just 3 miles and would be completely hidden by 60 feet of curvature?

Wayne Dyer
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat
    Again, before I get into it, I want to say two things, on the top of the Burj Kalfa the sun sets 2 minutes later than the bottom. Also, if you do not have a model, you can not know if the flat Earth explains what happens. 

I friended myself! 
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat
    Does that account for mirages or refraction. Is see a slope. 

I friended myself! 
    Erfisflat said:
    Erfisflat said:

According to your graph:

I also added that refraction should be taken into account. If you examine the video closely, instead of just pulling it out of your , then you will notice many of the effects of refraction. 
    Now "the effects of refraction" can cause an entire 5 story buildings worth of curvature disappear, and anything hidden behind it will raise back up into view, making the earth flat again! It's an ad hoc excuse and you already know this.

Wayne Dyer
    Listen guys, it's been fun. I got work in the morning. You guys better hit it too, indoctrination awaits you in the morning.

Wayne Dyer
    Pogue said:
    @Erfisflat
    Does that account for mirages or refraction. Is see a slope. 

A slope, he says...

Wayne Dyer
    A direct observation was made in a test by actual scientists that contradicts a basic tenant of your model. Namely, the tenant I am in opposition to, curvature of the earth, and you're still pointing at the sky and thinking you've done anything? 

Wayne Dyer
  • PoguePogue 584 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    A direct observation was made in a test by actual scientists that contradicts a basic tenant of your model. Namely, the tenant I am in opposition to, curvature of the earth, and you're still pointing at the sky and thinking you've done anything? 
    Actual scientists. What qualifies them? The scientists that confirm this are (the entire scientific community) and people with PhDs. The definition of flat is “having a level surface; without raised areas or indentations”. So how can you have tall buildings and mountains if the Earth is flat? How about the majority of photos showing around Earth? 
    Erfisflat

I friended myself! 
    "What qualifies them? "

A PhD in engineering.

"...the entire scientific community..."

This is a bare assertion and a broad assumption. For this statement to be true, you should show me that every scientist with a PhD profess that they think the earth is round. I've given one that doesn't, which makes it a lie.

"So how can you have tall buildings and mountains if the Earth is flat? "

Let's not play that game... The earth is not a ball. This is the debate, not whether there are buildings on it...

"How about the majority of photos showing around Earth?"

Example, please.

Wayne Dyer
    Good night

Wayne Dyer