frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

In any strategy, everything revolves around Defence (my opinion).

13»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    Vaulk said:
    I would caution everyone here from further arguing with Someone234, he's failing to adhere to the debating method by stating his opinions as if they're facts without providing any references or sources to substantiate his claims.  This isn't the first, second or third debate topic he's done this with.  Feel free to continue on but honestly, we've dealt with people who aren't truly here to debate before...they tend to go away when you ignore them.
    @Grenache @Fascism @Vaulk

Sidenote: blitzkrieg defended against expenditure of artillery and the human lives which would be lost if the enemy had time to fight back.

Main note: the exploiting of specific weaknesses that you either spot or help create in the enemy's defence is offence that revolves around defence.

If you call this abusively altering definitions then it's up to you to provide better definitions.
    Want a source to  back up the obvious truth about Blitzkrieg? Here you go, read the first two paragraphs.
    https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/blitzkrieg

• VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    @someone234

I'd caution you from using phrases like "Obvious truth" when you just now posted your very first ever reference for source data on the topic of Blitzkrieg.  

And while Blitzkrieg has been used in particular situations to penetrate the defenses of an opponent.  It's also been used to crush offensive lines.  Offense defeating offense.  If ALL strategies must have EVERYTHING revolve around defense then this situation falls short and proves.....again, that your conclusion is incorrect.

Some...absolutely.  Most, sure I'll agree to that.  All?  No, I'm afraid not.

You can SAY that every offensive strategy is just a furtherance of a defense just as I could SAY that every defense strategy is simply a furtherance of the offense.  But in reality there are cases where Offense can exist independent and exclusive from Defense.  To suggest otherwise is the same error as stating "He ALWAYS" does that.  It's simply not true.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    @Vaulk offense to an offense is pure defense... What are you saying?

And yes, defending against a defense is offense but it ends up revolving around defense whereas attacking an attack revolves around defence and not offence.