frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Veganism VS meat/dairy inclusive diets

Debate Information

Vegan:

Meat:

aarong
  1. Live Poll

?

3 votes
    1. Meat
      66.67%
    2. Vegan
      33.33%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    So now you inverse sverige?
  • @someone234
    Not inverse, I am more of a balanced diet advocate than anything else. I agree with the vegans on some things but I also agree with Sv3rige on others. For one I don't think it's healthy for humans to eat a lot of grains and carbs. I also agree with both vegans and raw meat eaters about factory farming.
    That guy in the first video is an imbecile.

He compared a source of protein and fat to a source of fiber to prove veganism healthier.
  • @StrangeQuarkMatter
    What do you think? Do you like to eating the raw meat? Do you adhere to any particular diet or do you just do your best to avoid the evil poisons of society?
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    @StrangeQuarkMatter I eat cooked meat, not usually processed food as that gives me diarrhea but still cooked and unhealthy fatty mmmmm. I am slim with an extremely good bmi if anything a little too low. It's about balancing out the bad with good and not eating too much.
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    I'm willing to make compromises to my lifestyle based on helping society - I cycle very heavily for instance to avoid the pollution of driving - but don't have the willpower to go vegan. I like meat and cheese too much, although I've made an effort to cut out beef and lamb.
    @Ampersand I'd eat human if it was legal and was nice.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I believe in the wheat belly diet.  It’s essentially no wheat (no bread or anything made out of flour), meat is encouraged, carbs discouraged.
    http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/
    In general, cooked organic meat and fish is good for you and shouldn’t be discouraged.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    So now you inverse sverige?

I would be grateful if you could explain this for me.
    @Fredsnephew I do not want his past to haunt him anymore than I want my own to haunt me.

Sverige was extremely anti-vegan. It was a persona he used on another debating website.

It was spelled as Sv3rige. This is all I will say.
  • FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    I would suggest that, the human species is naturally omnivorous.

Veganism is an acquired state of mind, based on assumed moral hang ups.

I suppose we all have moral hang ups of one sort or another. So it would be unfair to criticise veganism.

A well balanced diet coupled with regular exercise is the key to staying healthy.

If it's possible to have a well balance vegan diet, then good luck to people who adopt this way of life.

Me. I'm happy to be omnivorous and to wear leather shoes etc.
  • @agsr
    Sv3rige is a real person, his name is pronounced "Sveria" and he comes from Latvia. I used him as a persona because he is freaking hilarious. He was the one who made the "epitomy of malnourishment" video that's in the debate description.