frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Where does the Republican's incessant need to blame their problems on others come from?

Debate Information

Is it just laziness that makes them denigrate other races, religions, sexual orientations or gender?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Um, your imagination.
    ih8sharts
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    I'm going to go with "It's a fundamental misunderstanding of one's own problems that creates the illusion of this issue".
    brontoraptor
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• brontoraptorbrontoraptor 123 Pts   -  
    @ih8sharts

We learned it from watching progressives...
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5971 Pts   -  
    It is just human nature: we do not like to admit our personal faults, and seeing someone else as responsible for our misfortune makes it easier to not feel any guilt and to not work hard on improving our situation. Just as Republicans constantly blame Democrats, Democrats constantly blame Republicans. Imagine president Obama, or president Trump, saying openly, "Me and my party - we both screwed up. Sorry, guys."... This would be disastrous for the following election cycle. On the other hand, constantly picking on one's opponents distracts the voters from the faults of the respective parties and politicians.

On a side note, I rarely, if ever, see politicians from either party attacking specific races and genders: they have the supporters in all races and genders, and attacking some of them is not very practical. As far as religions, sexual orientations, etc. go, however, Republicans do not have that many homosexual, transsexual, Mexican and/or Muslim voters, so they do not particularly suffer from berating them. Similarly, Democrats can berate Christians, First and Second Amendment supporters, because their values lay somewhere else and not many hardcore Christians and gun owners support them in the first place.