frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Pope Francis Right?

Debate Information

https://www.americamagazine.org/faith/2018/04/19/was-pope-francis-right-tell-child-his-atheist-dad-may-be-heaven

I'm not here to talk about the child and the atheist dad. I'm here to seek the insights of others. I am here to return too I guess...

Pope Francis raised good points for Catholics. The main point I will raise now is an interpretation of his translated quote that it is up to God whether one goes to heaven or not.
This does challenge the catechisms people are brought up with. 

Jesus is the only way. Those who don't believe in him shall not have eternal life and perish.

Pope Francis further argues that once baptized you are part of the children of God.
I agree and I quote," Yes, it remains true—according to our best guess and carefully thought out tradition, based on Scripture and enshrined in the Catechism of the Catholic Church—that “those who die in God’s grace and friendship and are perfectly purified, live forever with Christ” (No. 1023). And so this would seem to place Emanuele’s father, an unbeliever, outside the possibility of going to heaven" (Jack Bentz S.J., 2018).
Refer here: https://www.americamagazine.org/faith/2018/04/19/was-pope-francis-right-tell-child-his-atheist-dad-may-be-heaven

So all you really need is to be graced by God, be God's best friend and be pure to qualify living with Christ.

First of all, no one respond please with conspiracy theories about the Pope.

I do think ultimately, more than the Bible that has been handed down to the people as a guide, God still has a say in things. These mere scriptures cannot contain what God is and can be. Using the scriptures alone and employing a World History view, the common pattern is that God changes. God changes in terms of how he treats people and what his philosophy shapes into.

Then again how would we know God has changed the application form format to enter Heaven? Thus following the old statements of the Bible.
  1. Live Poll

What do you think about Pope Francis?

0 votes
    1. He is a great man.
        0.00%
    2. He is not holy. Do not mention that man.
        0.00%
    3. Delusional .
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments