frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Hockey is the best sport

Debate Information

I'm not biased here. I've played Baseball, Soccer and Basketball. So, I know a lot about other sports, just so I don't get called biased 
  1. Live Poll

Is hockey the best sport?

8 votes
    1. Yes
      12.50%
    2. No
      87.50%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• searsear 109 Pts   -  
    Field hockey may seem rather dull.

But NHL ice hockey is a fast-paced game.

Ironies include:
     Canadians are known the world around for their civilized good manners,
    until they get a hockey stick in their hands. Then they don't give a puck.

It's called the NATIONAL hockey league, but it includes players from the U.S., Canada, & Europe. Can you say Olvechkin?

Why is the NHL so fisticuffs prone? Sure, there are bench-clearing brawls in MLB, and an occasional scuffle @NFL.

But the NHL seems to dominate. Why?
    Zombieguy1987
  • WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    I would say football, real football, is the best sport as it is overwhelmingly more popular and more played than any other sorts on a global scale. It's easy to access, all you need is a ball and a couple pieces of trash to mark the goal.
    Josh_Drake
  • Zombieguy1987Zombieguy1987 471 Pts   -  
    @WordsMatter Ok, but lets be real. the sport is to slow, and either ends 1-0 2-0 or 0-0.
    Ice hockey?
    Lets see here http://www.espn.com/classic/s/moment0123redwings.html
    http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/11/04/blue-jackets-rout-nhl-leading-canadiens-10-0.html
    you can't tell me that that's more entertaining than soccer? 
    Josh_Drake
  • EtrnlVwEtrnlVw 32 Pts   -  
    @Zombieguy1987 Hockey is pretty exciting and intense but I would say combat sports like MMA competition and boxing are up there with the best. Extremely physically challenging, mentally challenging and high levels of skill and practice and most exhilarating aspect of all.....courage, it's even somewhat spiritual on a certain level. I think combat sports rank as the highest peek of competing.

John 17

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

• Isn't hockey the same as soccer? The second letter in their name s are O,  the third is C, the fifth is E, they're played by both men and women, uh........

Zombieguy1987
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • RS_masterRS_master 400 Pts   -  
    I do not agree with anyone who believes any sport is the best. We all have different opinions respectfully. No sport is the best because the question must have an opinionated answer. 
    As a conclusion I can state that there is no best sport as we all share different opinions so there is no answer.
    Josh_Drake
  • RS_masterRS_master 400 Pts   -  
    I utterly disagree with people who believe there is a best sport as they all are different with there own unique style and we all share different opinions so the answer to a question like that will be opinionated so there is no answer.
    So in conclusion I can conclude because we have different opinions and because each sport is good in their own ways there are no best sports.
    Josh_Drake
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1121 Pts   -  
    @WordsMatter

Football (soccer) is a great sport.  As far as watching sports during the postseason though, I think hockey and baseball are unrivaled.  If your engaged in either team it keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time.  Every shot, or pitch in these sports could be a game changer and the score is almost at any point is in danger of changing.  In comparison, football has much more downtime, or periods where the danger of scoring is virtually zero.